Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Set(M) - Biometrics? Processing Times?  (Read 468 times)

• Liked: 1
ILR Set(M) - Biometrics? Processing Times?
« on: November 06, 2019, 10:00:28 AM »
Hi all!

I'm almost ready to submit my ILR Set(M) form. Are biometrics required when applying for ILR? If so, can they be done at any post office or is there a designated location by Sopra Steria? Just want to make sure I have everything squared away.

Also, what do processing times look like? Is it really taking 6 months?

Thank you! x
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:08:19 AM by jazzyfizzle07 »

• Liked: 107
Re: ILR Set(M) - Biometrics? Processing Times?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 11:25:18 AM »
Yes you have to have biometrics done. The application is sent immediately after biometrics so although you submit your application online, the actual application isn't sent until after biometrics.

You submit your application. You are then prompted to sign into an account on Sopra Steria's website. At this point you choose a biometrics appointment. There are free appointments but they are normally months away (Don't worry. As long as you submit your application in time it does not matter when the biometrics appointment is). If you can wait then it is no problem. You have core centres which are standard places, enhanced which have additional benefits like checking your documents, scanning etc or premium lounge. The latter two you pay extra for, obviously.

You book your appointment and then you log into your online account to submit your documents online. You can do this yourself or pay for Sopra Steria to do it for you. Processing times i'm not sure on but we did 24 hour expedited service for £800 and we got a decision the next business day.
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

Sponsored Links