Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Security Clearance and ITAR Regulations  (Read 1384 times)

• Liked: 1
Security Clearance and ITAR Regulations
« on: November 07, 2019, 12:55:34 PM »
My husband has been offered a job with a company that makes satellites and they are concerned about ITAR compliance. He is not yet eligible for the BPSS, since we don't have indefinite leave to remain, but my understanding is that as a US citizen (and one who has worked for ITAR-compliant companies in the US), that shouldn't be an issue.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? The company HR department seems completely clueless and the CEO won't sign off on the offer of employment until he's convinced that my husband's citizenship won't cause problems.

• Liked: 1260
Re: Security Clearance and ITAR Regulations
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 01:07:34 PM »
My husband has been offered a job with a company that makes satellites and they are concerned about ITAR compliance. He is not yet eligible for the BPSS, since we don't have indefinite leave to remain, but my understanding is that as a US citizen (and one who has worked for ITAR-compliant companies in the US), that shouldn't be an issue.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? The company HR department seems completely clueless and the CEO won't sign off on the offer of employment until he's convinced that my husband's citizenship won't cause problems.
No idea about ITAR unfortunately but know you can't get SC until 5 years minumum.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab