Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How does UKVI decide timeframe on your vignette? I should've not bought flights!  (Read 577 times)

• Liked: 2
Hi, maybe it is a simple question but I am trying to understand how UKVI decides that timeframe on your stamped visa on your passport. I've noticed on the timelines that usually when people get their passport back they have roughly the 30 days from the time they get it back. Is this the case? I should've not bought flights, but does anyone know how they decide this? For example, as I paid for priority for my settlement visa, I asked for the desired date of arrival on Jan 15 but got tickets for Feb 1 - I'm an idiot

So lets say I get my visa back end of Nov ( projected)

Will my vignette me like Dec 1- 30?

• Liked: 957
They typically honor your requested date, and make it valid for 7 days prior if it's granted before the date. If its after, the dates are in the window around when you receive it. The vignette is only valid for 30 days, and it's not an easy process to change it so best to travel in that window. Hopefully you can reschedule your flight if needed!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 56
Which visa is this for?
When I applied for my spousal visa, I requested it start mid february so I could give notice to my job and sort my life out. Instead, they made it start the day processed it (Dec 15th). So by the time I got it, the clock had already ticked 2 days. Jerks.
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

Which visa is this for?
When I applied for my spousal visa, I requested it start mid february so I could give notice to my job and sort my life out. Instead, they made it start the day processed it (Dec 15th). So by the time I got it, the clock had already ticked 2 days. Jerks.

Oh god, to be honest, I have a funny feeling this is going to happen. I expect to receive my visa/answer in about 2 weeks or less. I have a feeling they will say something like Dec 1 - 30. When I don't want to fly during Christmas or anything. Really frustrating if they did this honestly.  It is a Settlement visa for my son! I did a settlement visa for myself ( spouse)  in 2017, got everything in 32 WD and granted me the dates as soon as I got approved. I will have to probab cancel and rebook everything. Wanted mid Jan as per requested so I can avoid traveling during XMAS  >:(

• Liked: 3589
Which visa is this for?

When did you apply for your visa? The 30-day vignette has only been issued since the end of May 2015.

If you applied before May 2015, you would have been issued with a 33-month visa sticker, which would have allowed you to enter the U.K. any time in those 33 months, but you needed to enter within 3 months and 28 days in order to qualify for ILR in time.

With the new vignettes now, you only have 30 days to enter the UK from the start date (instead of almost 4 months), so they are more careful to make it valid for the right date now.

If the date you put on the application has not yet passed when the visa is issued, the vignette should start 7 days before the date you put. If the date has passed, the vignette will normally start 7 days after the decision is made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh god, to be honest, I have a funny feeling this is going to happen. I expect to receive my visa/answer in about 2 weeks or less. I have a feeling they will say something like Dec 1 - 30. When I don't want to fly during Christmas or anything. Really frustrating if they did this honestly.  It is a Settlement visa for my son! I did a settlement visa for myself ( spouse)  in 2017, got everything in 32 WD and granted me the dates as soon as I got approved. I will have to probab cancel and rebook everything. Wanted mid Jan as per requested so I can avoid traveling during XMAS  >:(

If you asked for January 15th, the 30 days granted should be January 8th to February 7th.

If you asked for January 15th, the 30 days granted should be January 8th to February 7th.

Thanks for clarifying that honestly. That makes a lot more sense and I feel a lot less stressed. Much appreciated

Thanks for clarifying that honestly. That makes a lot more sense and I feel a lot less stressed. Much appreciated

No problem.

For the record, it’s not guaranteed that you will definitely get those dates... sometimes they do make mistakes.. but they have been pretty good at keeping close to the date you requested lately.

Sponsored Links