Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How UK Sponsor can submit supporting docs in UK instead of through NYC HUB?  (Read 1279 times)

• Liked: 4
Hello everyone!

Oh man, it took me so long to finally be able to post on this forum! I had no idea there was a subscription fee till literally mins ago! I finally have some relief knowing how great of a help many people on this forum have been to others and that I can actually post my question now!

We have completed wife's UK visa, paid all fees, and booked a biometrics appointment for her in the US (appointment is in a few days), but we are so confused as to how UK sponsor (husband) can submit all supporting docs in the UK instead of her sending anything to NYC and instead of uploading any docs into their upload-system.

1. After wife completes her biometrics appointment, does UK sponsor just take all supporting docs to one of the walk-in centres in the UK?

2. Exactly what does UK sponsor need to bring in to be scanned? Should docs all be original?

3. What is so confusing is what does she do with her passport after biometrics appointment? Does she send it to UK Sponsor to take in with all other supporting docs, or does she keep it with her in the US?

We have been SO stressed about this and the biometrics appointment is coming up in a few days and we have no idea what must be done right after this appointment.

Your expertise/advise is HIGHLY appreciated!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 04:22:19 PM by studentofknowledge »

• Liked: 4985
Okay, I’m a bit worried that you’ve put the cart before the horse.

Submitting the application is the LAST thing you should do after all supporting documents have been submitted.  You’ll want to have the UK sponsor send all the supporting documents via DHL, FedEx, or UPS ASAP.  Do NOT use any services associated with Royal Mail or Parcel Force even though they will be cheaper.

There would have been the option to upload the documents during the application process but as you’ve already applied, it’s too late.

Are you SURE you have absolutely everything you need?  If you aren’t, you may want to push the biometrics appointment out as you need to send everything straight after biometrics.

The US citizen sends their passport with all the supporting documents to NYC for processing.

I'm sorry, I think I was not clear at all! I apologise for this, as we have been living in a lot of stress lately due to this visa process...

Wife's application has been completed online (that is what I meant by "submitting," and now realise that actually means something else!) and we booked her biometrics appointment.

On VFSglobal, it states:

If you are applying for a settlement visa, your sponsor or an agent can submit supporting documents in the UK for a fee of £75 inclusive of taxes per application payable in cash or with a debit card. If you do not want to submit any documents as part of your visa application, please upload your checklist or a blank document. If nothing is uploaded, you will automatically be charged the assisted scan fee.

Your sponsor or an agent can submit documents at any of the following locations in the UK.

London: 66 Wilson Street, London, EC2A 2BT Birmingham: 5 -14 South Road, Smethwick, Birmingham, B67 7BN Belfast: Merrion Business Centre, First Floor 58, Howard Street, Belfast, BT1 6PJ Leicester: C/O Peepul's Centre, Orchardson Avenue, Leicester, L E4 6DP Cardiff: Temple Court – 13A Cathedral Road, Cardiff CF11 9H Manchester: 50 Devonshire Street North, Manchester, M12 6JH Edinburgh: 1 Rennie’s Isle, Leith, Edinburgh, EH6 6QT Liverpool: SUITE NO 207,Second Floor, Graeme House, Derby Square, Liverpool, L2 7ZH Bradford: Skipton Chamber 16-18 North Parade, Bradford, BD13HT

Your sponsor should bring a copy of your passport, along with your document checklist if you have applied via Access UK, or the first page of your visa application form if you have applied via visa4uk.

Your sponsor should also provide clear and legible photocopy of all supporting documents, these will be scanned and handed back at the time of their visit. All photocopies should be A4 size. Any documents which are smaller or larger than A4 size be photocopied onto A4 sized paper. Torn, crumpled or heavily creased documents cannot be scanned and therefore should be photocopied onto A4 sized paper before they are submitted. Documents should not be laminated.

Neither VFS Global nor UK Visas and Immigration shall be liable in any way for any direct or indirect loss, costs or expenses arising from delay to a visa application processing or a rejection of a visa application because of a failure by the customer to comply with these self-upload terms of use.

I understand that we have three options:

1. to send all supporting docs to NYC
2. to upload all supporting docs into the system for scanning
3. to have the sponsor in the UK walk-in to one of the centres listed and take all supporting docs to be scanned and returned to sponsor same day

Our question is: after wife attends her biometrics appointment, can the UK sponsor right away take all supporting docs to one of the walk-in centres listed above?

And if so, what exactly should he bring, and what exactly must wife (in US) do after her biometrics? She will have her passport, so how will she get that scanned and sent to husband/sponsor in UK?

I hope this makes a little more sense now... i apologise again for my lack of precise wording!

Apologies this must be brand new. I’ve only known US applicants to be able to upload documents or send them to be scanned. I haven’t heard of Option 3 before.

Are you guys sure you have everything required for your application?

This is what we have so far:

1. Several pages of pictures from each visit that UK husband made to the US, and that wife in US made to the UK.
2. Several pages of call logs and whatsapp chat screenshots
3. Marriage certificate (original)
4. UK sponsor's financial proof requirements: 6 month's of bank statements, employment letter,
5. Accommodation: 1 letter from home owner (in this case it is UK sponsor's father, in whose house we'd be living), house registry, property letter,
6. Completed application (will be printed out in full)
7. Verified UK sponsor's passport photo-page copy
8. E-ticket/email-itinerary copies from all visits to US that UK Sponsor made, and e-tickets/email-itinerary copies of when wife visited the UK

Questions:

1. Is there anything missing here?

2. For number 7, does UK sponsor send this verified photocopy of his UK passport to wife in the US?

3. As for number 8, we no longer hold any of the actual plane tickets, only what was sent to us by email from the airline companies. Will copies of these suffice?

4. What is the order in which we should organise these documents before sending off?

Thank you!

What financial category are you using to meet the requirements?  There is possibly quite a bit missing or none missing depending on category.

You only need a single photo together (it’s just to prove you’ve met in person).

The sponsors passport photo page does not need to be certified.  Just a regular photocopy is fine.

• Liked: 170
4. If applying under Cat A, you also need 6 full months’ of pay slips (not a day less, same with bank statements).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

For financial requirement, it is to show UK sponsor makes at least £18,600 a year. So we have pay slips for 6 months and bank statements for six months. Thank you for clarifying it cannot be even a day less, this is good to know!

• Liked: 6110
For financial requirement, it is to show UK sponsor makes at least £18,600 a year. So we have pay slips for 6 months and bank statements for six months. Thank you for clarifying it cannot be even a day less, this is good to know!

They should also cover the exact same 6 month period. For this reason, many people need to send 7 months worth in order to achieve the full 6 month overlap.

You should read this.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/826340/Appendix-FM-1-7-Financial-Requirement-ext_1.pdf

And this.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 04:24:37 AM by larrabee »

Thank you, I will read through those!

• Liked: 6110
Re: How UK Sponsor can submit supporting docs in UK instead of through NYC HUB?
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 11:08:02 AM »
Thank you, I will read through those!

Just be aware, since you are kind of going about things back to front, that your documentation needs to be dated before the date of the online application.

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 12:42:03 PM »
i am not sure what that means about the documentation having to be dated before the online application was completed. Which documentation is that?

Thank you

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 12:48:12 PM »
i am not sure what that means about the documentation having to be dated before the online application was completed. Which documentation is that?

Thank you
The official application date is the date the online application is submitted, so all the documentation you submit for the visa must be dated BEFORE that date, to show you met all the requirements on the date of submitting the online application.

So, you need to make sure all of the following are dated before the online application date:
- your latest bank statement
- your latest payslip
- employer letter
- payslip verification letter (if your payslips are printed from online)
- letter from parents giving you and your spouse permission to live in their home
- any certified documents (if you have any)

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2019, 01:02:57 PM »
Got it. Thank you!  This process is really frustrating and we did priority, so I am hoping it won't prove to be a waste as it was a big sum of money...

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2019, 01:07:30 PM »
Got it. Thank you!  This process is really frustrating and we did priority, so I am hoping it won't prove to be a waste as it was a big sum of money...

Settlement priority processing generally halves the processing time, so you'll likely be waiting around 30-35 working days for the visa, rather than 60+ working days. However, the priority processing time doesn't come into effect until after the application and documents have been received by UKVI.

She'll need to include her settlement priority processing receipt with her application form, and make it very clear that it is a priority application, as there have been a few cases recently where UKVI haven't realised the application is priority and have put it in the non-priority pile, which means people have waited a lot longer than they should have for their visa.

Sponsored Links