Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How UK Sponsor can submit supporting docs in UK instead of through NYC HUB?  (Read 1290 times)

• Liked: 4
Re: How UK Sponsor can submit supporting docs in UK instead of through NYC HUB?
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2019, 01:46:31 PM »
Yes, makes sense. We looked over the bank statements and they are actually all perfectly fine.

However, we called the solicitor again today as another BIG matter crossed our minds and we weren't fully aware of it before!

I was reading some things online about the visa and remembered that when my husband was in the US, we added his last name to my name! So my current passport does indeed include his last name.

Now what happened is that when doing the application online, when it said "Surname," we thought (and even read on here before) that this means my FAMILY name and not my husband's last name, so we put my family name and totally forgot to add husband's last name---even though my passport has both family's AND husband's last name together.

Is this an automatic application denial/refusal? Did anyone see a similar case before and can they please advise?

My biometrics appointment is supposed to be this Friday, but I think I will have to go ahead and cancel this application and get a refund and reapply again in a few weeks. Anyone agrees? I'm so heart broken inside because we've been doing everything that'll lead us up to that point where I can finally be back with my husband, but then this happens... the solicitor DID say we can add an explanation about this in the letter, but he does not fully advise it as we forgot a part of the name, which shows on my passport, and he does not know what the implications would be.

Does anyone know how we can get our PRIORITY fee refunded if I have not attended my biometrics yet? Please help!

Thank you all so much

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 01:49:56 PM by studentofknowledge »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2019, 01:52:02 PM »
Yes, makes sense. We looked over the bank statements and they are actually all perfectly fine.

However, we called the solicitor again today as another BIG matter crossed our minds and we weren't fully aware of it before!

I was reading some things online about the visa and remembered that when my husband was in the US, we added his last name to my name! So my current passport does indeed include his last name.

Now what happened is that when doing the application online, when it said "Surname," we thought (and even read on here before) that this means my FAMILY name and not my husband's last name, so we put my family name and totally forgot to add husband's last name---even though my passport has both family's AND husband's last name together.

Is this an automatic application denial/refusal? Did anyone see a similar case before and can they please advise?

My biometrics appointment is supposed to be this Friday, but I think I will have to go ahead and cancel this application and get a refund and reapply again in a few weeks. Anyone agrees? I'm so heart broken inside because we've been doing everything that'll lead us up to that point where I can finally be back with my husband, but then this happens... the solicitor DID say we can add an explanation about this in the letter, but he does not fully advise it as we forgot a part of the name, which shows on my passport, and he does not know what the implications would be.

Does anyone know how we can get our PRIORITY fee refunded if I have not attended my biometrics yet? Please help!

Thank you all so much

1.  Stop talking to the solicitor.  You don't need one.

2.  Yes, cancel the appointment if you do not have ALL documentation already in your hands ready to send to the scanning hub.

3.  The names does NOT matter.  They can update it at your biometrics appointment and ensure it matches your passport exactly.  This isn't a big deal and happens all the time - never been an issue.

4.  Please post a list of everything you are including in your application.  We can then ease your worries and ensure you reapply with as little anxiety and stress as possible.

Hugs.  You can do this.  Just stop calling the solicitor.  You are a straight forward case and don't need one.  ;D

• Liked: 4
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2019, 03:40:43 PM »
KFdancer,

Thank you for this input. I believe my husband cancelled the application. Now we will gather everything as you suggested and post it here. Ugh... I really just hope we can get back the priority money, it was a pretty big sum of money :(  hope we don't lose it.

Good to know the names thing does not matter.

Hugs back to you!

Sponsored Links