Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: We're gettin' hitched - Spousal Visa Questions and Document Check :)  (Read 1665 times)

• Liked: 107
Re: We're gettin' hitched - Spousal Visa Questions and Document Check :)
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2022, 12:16:26 PM »
Just wanted to give a quick update for other people applying- I finished filling out my application yesterday evening around 9 ish and the only option was a standard 8 week processing time.  I logged back on at 12:55 am, refreshed right at 1 am and the super priority option popped up.  First appointment I could get  was September 28th.  It was £230!  Feels like they're taking the piss there, but just glad it's in the diary now. 

Get used to it! Citizenship is such a relief mentally and financially!
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

• Liked: 12
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2022, 11:15:45 AM »
@Ben1989 lol right! looking forward to that day!!

One more question for everyone - I'm about to upload all my documents.  My appointment is Wednesday, I just noticed in teh FAQ section it says documents should be uploaded 48. hours before the appointment.  I'm going to be liek 44 hours before my appointment - is this going to be an issue?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2022, 11:31:44 AM »
One more question for everyone - I'm about to upload all my documents.  My appointment is Wednesday, I just noticed in teh FAQ section it says documents should be uploaded 48. hours before the appointment.  I'm going to be liek 44 hours before my appointment - is this going to be an issue?

It won't be an issue, but they ask you to submit them no later than 48 hours beforehand so that they can be checked through before the appointment (though they may only check them if you have paid for the 'document checking' service - I'm not sure).

The 'Submit' button for the uploaded documents will disappear 48 hours before your appointment, so if you leave it later than that to upload, the documents will not be submitted into the system until after you have attended the appointment.

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2022, 11:35:16 AM »
ok thanks Ksand!

So I will attend my appointment, come home and submit my documents then? I have paid for priority so that doesn't seem to leave them much time?

Also - another quick one- the dates on the documents do they need to be 28 days before when I made my application or my appointment? (and is it 28 days? I wasn't sure)

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2022, 11:44:33 AM »
ok thanks Ksand!

So I will attend my appointment, come home and submit my documents then? I have paid for priority so that doesn't seem to leave them much time?

No, you still need to upload the documents before your appointment.

It's just that you won't be able to 'submit' them into the system for the caseworker to look at in advance. Once you have attended the appointment, they will be made available in the system so that the caseworker can access them.

However, if it's at all possible for you to upload them and submit them before the 48 hours, I would advise doing so.

Also - another quick one- the dates on the documents do they need to be 28 days before when I made my application or my appointment? (and is it 28 days? I wasn't sure)

All documents must be dated on or before the date you made your application. The financial documents specifically (latest bank statement, payslip and the employer letter)  must be dated no more than 28 days before the online application date.

Any document dated AFTER you applied online cannot be considered.

The date you applied online and paid for the visa is your official application date and you must be able to show that you met all the requirements on that date.

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2022, 12:06:36 PM »
ohhh ok ok - makes sense!

Re: the dates- ok perfect.  That's what I thought and what I had. 

I think I knew all of this, but I'm having a last minute panic as my appointment is approaching this week :) haha

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2022, 10:29:23 AM »
Anyone know what the typical timeline for super priority has been lately?  It's been 25 hours now, I was really hoping I would hear yesterday.  I had my appt in the City yesterday morning at 9.  I can't stop refreshing my email haha

We're gettin' hitched - Spousal Visa Questions and Document Check [emoji4]
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2022, 12:27:04 PM »
Anyone know what the typical timeline for super priority has been lately?  It's been 25 hours now, I was really hoping I would hear yesterday.  I had my appt in the City yesterday morning at 9.  I can't stop refreshing my email haha
Lately, most people have been getting their approval email 3-5 hours after their appointment.

However, the Super Priority service only actually states that a decision will be made by ‘the end of the next working day’… so I would give it until the end of today.

If you ended up not uploading your documents until less than 48 hours before the appointment, that could be the reason why it’s taking a bit longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links