Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ah, well. It was wonderful while it lasted.  (Read 3974 times)

• Liked: 676
Re: Ah, well. It was wonderful while it lasted.
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2019, 10:58:14 AM »
BeachBunny - There are things at play that I do not discuss on social media due to privacy concerns, but, yes, there are extenuating factors at play. They do not fall under the category of me coddling her. She wouldn't tolerate it, actually. She's very independent-spirited.  ;D  If she found a person to marry (or the equivalent of) someday, that would be wonderful, though. So there would be someone with her after I am gone. I worry about that, a bit, when things are not going well.

She spent a year and a half abroad a few years back and survived it. Traveled back and forth a couple of times within that overseas ed, through some seriously complicated airport stuff. (One trip involved four separate landings and two tight connections!) She has a real fear of flying, so that was quite an achievement.  It was one of the best things I was able to do for her, getting her on Ed Abroad - it did wonders for her self-confidence.  I drove her to the airport, watched her go through security, and she did the rest herself.   :)

So, I can always come back here later on - as long as my health holds.  If I stayed now, I'd not be able to have the house in Argyll anyway. I'm way too old to get a mortgage without a massive deposit and I don't have that kind of resources. Yet. What I ~can~ do is buy a house in the States, get it paid off, and then either keep it as a rent house, give it to the Daughter, or sell it later on. There are really pretty places in the USA where it's equally as inexpensive to live.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2019, 10:21:22 PM »
We all love you and support you no matter what happens.

So much this!!  I'm so sorry to hear.

:(   :\\\'(

• Liked: 676
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2019, 10:38:44 AM »
Thanks, all. Things will work out for the best. There's always a reason things happen, so we just have to be open to it.

On the good side, although she's still one of about 20,000 pending cases, this newsflash came through -  https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/overturning-of-citizenship-ruling-hailed-as-very-important-1.4083451  Not that it would change her mind, I think. Unless miraculously it comes through for her and then more miraculously a good-paying job in her field came along as well. (Probably in Edinburgh. Which is ok with me.) But I think the former is way more likely than the latter. 

So we'll see how the school applications go. And in the meantime I need to sort out a place to go to if she doesn't get accepted anywhere, since going back to California is a non-starter due to the cost of living there.

• Liked: 154
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2019, 01:04:19 PM »
I’m sorry nan

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2019, 02:00:42 PM »
I find it hard to believe that even if you move back to the states you are going to be gone from here.  You'll just have to find different things to keep us informed about.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab