Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(m) April 2020  (Read 5004 times)

• Liked: 57
FLR(m) April 2020
« on: November 15, 2019, 10:26:31 AM »
Hi All,
Starting to think about applying for my next visa (Expiry date in April 2020). Right now that is specifically budgeting for it. I can't find anything stating specifically what it will cost in 2020. Is this the most up-to-date resource (29 March 2019)? 
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/visa-regulations-revised-table/home-office-immigration-and-nationality-fees-29-march-2019

So from section 6, Leave to remain - Other, £1,033
Health surcharge £400 per year £1,000
Biometric fee £19.20

Any other fees I'm missing?

Also, give me a shout if you also expire in April and we can commiserate together!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 10:30:25 AM by robinsnc »
Met 2003
Married 2008
Spousal visa 2008-2010
USA 2010-2017
Moved to the UK July 2017
FLR(M) approved June 2020

• Liked: 253
Re: FLR(m) April 2020
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 12:18:30 PM »
Mine expires in April 2020, but remember you can apply a couple months before it expires! So you can apply 30 months (minus 28 days) from the day you first entered the UK. So my visa expires in April 2020, but I can actually first apply for my FLR(M) in early January.

The fees look accurate to what I have budgeted. The only other thing to factor in would be if you want to do a premium service which would be more.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 6
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 01:36:24 PM »
How much is the premium service, and is it worth doing?
Sent to Sheffield: Tuesday 27th March 2018
Biometrics: 27th March
Confirmation Email received: 3rd April
Decision made email: 4th May
Package received: 7th May. Approved.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 01:57:52 PM »
How much is the premium service, and is it worth doing?

It's £800 for a 24 hour decision although sometimes it takes longer.

We skipped the premium service for FLR as we had no travel planned and no other reason to be in a hurry for the decision. We saved that money and applied it to the premium service for ILR as we wanted the whole visa process finished asap!

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 04:21:17 PM »
Like larrabee said it's £800, and it's listed as "Super Priority service" on the link you've already got. It's a 24-hour decision, but some people on the forum have said it took longer like a couple days.

Normal FLR(M) processing time is currently around 6-8 weeks from what I've been reading on this forum. So it's up to you to decide to go with the service or not. I personally am just because I do travel frequently for my job and had budgeted in for the service when I started saving up like a year ago. But if you can wait, I would. It would save you a good chunk of change  ;D
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)

• Liked: 75
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 08:32:07 PM »
Mine expires in April 2020, but remember you can apply a couple months before it expires! So you can apply 30 months (minus 28 days) from the day you first entered the UK. So my visa expires in April 2020, but I can actually first apply for my FLR(M) in early January.

The fees look accurate to what I have budgeted. The only other thing to factor in would be if you want to do a premium service which would be more.

Hi!

So my Resident Permit is set to expire on April 9th 2020, I entered the UK on July 18, 2017.

My brain is melting so I need help in figuring out if I’m right that I can apply by December 19th?
Married December 8, 2007
1st Application Submitted: February 8, 2017
1st Application Decision: February 16, 2017: (refused due to missing information)
-
2nd Online application submitted April 30, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK May 4, 2017
UPS Tracking Delivered to Sheffield May 8, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield May 15, 2017
Retroactive Upgrade to Priority*: June 2, 2017
Decision Made on Tracker: July 1, 2017
Decision Made Email: July 3, 2017

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 10:13:37 PM »
Hi!

So my Resident Permit is set to expire on April 9th 2020, I entered the UK on July 18, 2017.

My brain is melting so I need help in figuring out if I’m right that I can apply by December 19th?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm glaringly wrong, but I also use this website to calculate dates because I'm useless with dates usually: https://www.calculator.net/date-calculator.html

If you entered the UK on 18 July 2017, 30 months - 28 days from that date should sit you at 21 December 2019 as being the first date you can apply, but you can apply any time from that date until your visa expiration (9 April 2020)  :)

Maths:

30 months from 18 July 2017 = 18 Jan 2020
18 Jan 2020 - 28 days = 21 Dec 2019

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 11:26:26 AM »
I did not realize we could apply so early! Now I'm thinking even more long term to 2022 and ILR, having scanned a few other posts on here. I think it makes sense for me to wait as long as possible to do my flr m*.

We have a school age kid so August really is the only time we can do a decent length trip to the US to see family and such. I will hit 60 months in mid July 2022, so ideally I'd want my next BRP expiry to be in September so I could submit my application after we get back from vacation. So if I get a BRP issued in mid April 2020, I'd make through the end of August. Does this seem overly ambitious?

*Assuming the rules stay the same, which is quite the assumption
Met 2003
Married 2008
Spousal visa 2008-2010
USA 2010-2017

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 05:45:56 PM »
I did not realize we could apply so early! Now I'm thinking even more long term to 2022 and ILR, having scanned a few other posts on here. I think it makes sense for me to wait as long as possible to do my flr m*.

We have a school age kid so August really is the only time we can do a decent length trip to the US to see family and such. I will hit 60 months in mid July 2022, so ideally I'd want my next BRP expiry to be in September so I could submit my application after we get back from vacation. So if I get a BRP issued in mid April 2020, I'd make through the end of August. Does this seem overly ambitious?

*Assuming the rules stay the same, which is quite the assumption

As long as you apply for your FLR(M) before the expiry date on your current BRP, you should be fine! I don't know if there's a good way of timing when you submit your visa application in relation to getting a new BRP issued. But I would assume you ideally want to just subtract 6-8 weeks from when you want the new BRP issue date. So a mid-April 2020 BRP would mean you would be submitting your FLR(M) in mid-late February.

There's a lot of reasons why people apply early, but I would recommend – whenever you do decide to submit the actual application – you post a full checklist of all your documents and any questions you have so all the lovely people on here can check all your evidence and help where needed.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 10:29:07 PM »
So it just dawned on me that the BRP lasts around 2 years and 9 months. So the spouse visa is supposed to last 2.5 years.

So this means if my wife entered the UK on 8 Jun 2018, earliest we have to apply 30 months minus 30 days which makes it around 8th Nov 2020. Is that right?

The application should take 6 to 8 weeks, worst case 8 weeks, which makes it 8th Jan (8th nov + 2 months) she should get her response, which is before 15th Feb which is the expiry date of her BRP.

So she can stay in the UK until the end of her BRP? I thought it was the end of the spouse Visa which is 2.5 years which would be 8th Nov 2020... 

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 06:04:46 AM »
So it just dawned on me that the BRP lasts around 2 years and 9 months. So the spouse visa is supposed to last 2.5 years.

So this means if my wife entered the UK on 8 Jun 2018, earliest we have to apply 30 months minus 30 days which makes it around 8th Nov 2020. Is that right?

Yes - she can apply at the earliest, on 10th November 2020.. The latest she can submit the online application is 15th Feb.

The application should take 6 to 8 weeks, worst case 8 weeks, which makes it 8th Jan (8th nov + 2 months) she should get her response, which is before 15th Feb which is the expiry date of her BRP.

So she can stay in the UK until the end of her BRP? I thought it was the end of the spouse Visa which is 2.5 years which would be 8th Nov 2020...

Her BRP IS her spousal visa - they aren't 2 separate things... the BRP is just the physical visa.

Her spousal visa is valid for 2 years and 9 months and expires on 15th February 2020. It is valid for 3 months longer than needed, in order to give her some leeway for applying.

The only thing she has to do now is make sure she submits her online application for FLR(M) before 15th February 2020.

As long as her application has been made and paid for before that date, her spousal visa will be automatically extended while the visa is processing (even if she doesn't do biometrics for a few weeks after that).

Honestly, the longer she waits to apply for FLR(M), the more time she will have to apply for ILR in 2.5 years, so there's no need to rush to apply now - she can wait a few more weeks/couple of months to apply if she wants to.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 06:08:25 AM »

The validity of the spouse visa is dictated by the dates on the BRP. The extra 3 months is a remnant from when the process was slightly different.

You have until the expiration date of the BRP to apply. As long as you have submitted a valid application before it expires, the original conditions are continued under section 3 c.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/771652/3C-3D-Leave-v9.0ext.pdf

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2019, 09:59:28 AM »
It all makes sense now. Thank you! You guys absolutely rock. It's nice to know I have some peace of mind for a little longer. Were starting to save up for the App and get some of our paperwork in order.

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2020, 12:48:02 PM »
Hello folks! starting to go through the application. Some questions, if you could please help with a few clarifications.

SECTION 2
Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?
I can't find anything in my records. Is this a problem?

Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?
I have put no (because I had a spousal visa in '08-'10, and more recently from 07/2017 to now, which I am extending)

Was DD born in the UK?
No
When did your child first enter the UK?
Here I've put the date that she and I arrived in the UK when we moved from the US in 07/2017. It was the first time she used her British Passport to travel to England. She has visited England three times before we moved on holiday, traveling on her US passport. Have I done this correctly?

Other grounds for wanting to stay in the UK
Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK? (Required)
For example, include any information you wish to be considered about the welfare or best interests of any children you have in the UK. You must demonstrate you have a genuine, subsisting and active parental relationship.

Here I am planning to mention that I've started a masters programme, and I have an enrolment form I can upload to support it.

But I'm most concerned about how I demonstrate my relationship with my child (I'm guessing the bags under my eyes and a GoPro video of our morning routine would be effective though not accepted)?

Thanks in advance!
Met 2003
Married 2008
Spousal visa 2008-2010
USA 2010-2017

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2020, 12:59:30 PM »
SECTION 2
Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?
I can't find anything in my records. Is this a problem?

No, you likely won't have one. Home Office Reference numbers are only issued in certain circumstances, usually if you have had an in-country visa refusal in the past.

Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?
I have put no (because I had a spousal visa in '08-'10, and more recently from 07/2017 to now, which I am extending)

That's correct - if you have had 2 previous partner visas with your current partner, then this is your third application for a partner route visa.

And then if it asks what you are applying for now, it's your FIRST extension visa.

Was DD born in the UK?
No
When did your child first enter the UK?
Here I've put the date that she and I arrived in the UK when we moved from the US in 07/2017. It was the first time she used her British Passport to travel to England. She has visited England three times before we moved on holiday, traveling on her US passport. Have I done this correctly?

I think so, because I believe they mean when she entered the UK to live permanently.

Other grounds for wanting to stay in the UK
Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK? (Required)
For example, include any information you wish to be considered about the welfare or best interests of any children you have in the UK. You must demonstrate you have a genuine, subsisting and active parental relationship.

Here I am planning to mention that I've started a masters programme, and I have an enrolment form I can upload to support it.

But I'm most concerned about how I demonstrate my relationship with my child (I'm guessing the bags under my eyes and a GoPro video of our morning routine would be effective though not accepted)

I wouldn't worry too much about the answers you give to this question. They will only consider your answers if you don't meet the financial requirement and your visa falls for refusal, in which case they have to consider your case under Article 8: Right to Family Life in the UK (which will only be granted if you have a UK citizen child living in the UK, which you do, whose life will be severely disrupted if your visa is refused and you have to leave the UK without her).

In terms of your parental relationship to your child, you just need to send:
- her passport
- her birth certificate
- a letter issued in the last 90 days confirming her address... i.e. a letter from her GP or school

Sponsored Links