Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: IRL - probably a stupid question  (Read 3081 times)

• Liked: 0
IRL - probably a stupid question
« on: December 10, 2019, 08:44:02 PM »
Hello guys.

After 2 1/2 years, I’m back for my new application. It’s probably a silly question, but I just want to make sure. I’m currently on the Spouse Visa (the one right after the fiancé Visa). I really have to apply now for the Further Leave to Remain (extend of the spouse visa) or is there any chance I can apply for the Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) before 5 years living in the UK continuously? Many thanks!

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
Re: IRL - probably a stupid question
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 08:46:54 PM »
Hello guys.

After 2 1/2 years, I’m back for my new application. It’s probably a silly question, but I just want to make sure. I’m currently on the Spouse Visa (the one right after the fiancé Visa). I really have to apply now for the Further Leave to Remain (extend of the spouse visa) or is there any chance I can apply for the Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) before 5 years living in the UK continuously? Many thanks!

It's FLR(M) next, no way around that. Then ILR at 5 years.   :)

• Liked: 56
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 08:49:58 PM »
Hello guys.

Really sorry, but you have to have been living here on the spousal route for 60 months to be able to apply for ILR. The fiancé visa is 6 months, I believe...so you have been here 3 years? Is that right? You can submit the application up to 28 days before hitting 60 months, but I'm afraid you will have to do FLR again to get to 60 months. There is a silver lining kind of....you won't have to rush and submit the ILR application before your next visa expires. You will have plenty of time left on FLR by the time you hit 60 months and won't have to worry about trying to get an appointment in time.....or whatever hoops they are making everyone jump through at that point. 
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 08:54:29 PM »
Really sorry, but you have to have been living here on the spousal route for 60 months to be able to apply for ILR. The fiancé visa is 6 months, I believe...so you have been here 3 years? Is that right? You can submit the application up to 28 days before hitting 60 months, but I'm afraid you will have to do FLR again to get to 60 months. There is a silver lining kind of....you won't have to rush and submit the ILR application before your next visa expires. You will have plenty of time left on FLR by the time you hit 60 months and won't have to worry about trying to get an appointment in time.....or whatever hoops they are making everyone jump through at that point.

Time spent on the fiancee visa does not count towards ILR. Dorothy's 5 years will start from the date her first FLR was granted.

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 08:55:40 PM »
It's FLR(M) next, no way around that. Then ILR at 5 years.   :)

Thanks very much!

Another question regards the FLR, I’ve read on the other topics that this time you don’t have to send any documents, just scan and upload them. My question is: do I have to send the passports or not? If not, would I be able to travel with my BRP expired (which it would be a problem on the immigration back in UK, I imagine).

Another thing I saw here was someone saying we don’t have to send pictures anymore. Is that true? Just correspondence with the same address should be enough to prove the relationship?

Many thanks, guys! :)

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 08:57:19 PM »
Time spent on the fiancee visa does not count towards ILR. Dorothy's 5 years will start from the date her first FLR was granted.

Really??? Oh, my bad. I really thought it did. Apologies Dorothy. And here I thought I was gonna be able to start giving back to this community. So much to learn and keep up on! Always listen to the experts!

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 08:59:26 PM »
Thanks very much!

Another question regards the FLR, I’ve read on the other topics that this time you don’t have to send any documents, just scan and upload them. My question is: do I have to send the passports or not? If not, would I be able to travel with my BRP expired (which it would be a problem on the immigration back in UK, I imagine).

Another thing I saw here was someone saying we don’t have to send pictures anymore. Is that true? Just correspondence with the same address should be enough to prove the relationship?

Many thanks, guys! :)

No pictures, correct. You need to provide 6 joint or up to 12 individual or a combination of the two of original pieces of mail sent to you through the post. They must be evenly spaced over the most recent two years before the application.

I wouldn't travel when the application is being processed. You can pay £800 for a 24 hour turnover.

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 09:01:38 PM »
Really??? Oh, my bad. I really thought it did. Apologies Dorothy. And here I thought I was gonna be able to start giving back to this community. So much to learn and keep up on! Always listen to the experts!

The fiancee visa is really just a glorified visitors visa. No work or use of the NHS either.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 09:02:32 PM »
No pictures, correct. You need to provide 6 joint or up to 12 individual or a combination of the two of original pieces of mail sent to you through the post. They must be evenly spaced over the most recent two years before the application.

I wouldn't travel when the application is being processed. You can pay £800 for a 24 hour turnover.

Would it hurt to send them though? I did put 2 photos with my FLR application....our wedding photo and a recent photo of us with his family. But that was two years ago and I had an in-person appointment. Do you think it would be bad to include it? I know the recent advice has been to not send anything not necessary....

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2019, 09:12:35 PM »
Would it hurt to send them though? I did put 2 photos with my FLR application....our wedding photo and a recent photo of us with his family. But that was two years ago and I had an in-person appointment. Do you think it would be bad to include it? I know the recent advice has been to not send anything not necessary....

It wouldn't hurt to provide 2 photos. Especially if it makes you feel better!  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2019, 12:52:46 PM »

They don't want them or need them.  Really no need.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2019, 01:13:32 PM »
They don't want them or need them.  Really no need.

I was gonna say the same thing. I wouldn’t bother sending them myself.

They don’t need to see them and won’t even look at them, so there’s no point in sending them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2019, 06:03:05 PM »

I know :) but thanks anyway for all the info!

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2019, 06:03:32 PM »

No problem at all!

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2019, 06:09:26 PM »
Hello guys. Sorry for taking a while to reply. I have a little baby now and he takes all my free time it’s nice to look back when I came here for advice for my fiancé visa and now we have a family life moves forward gladly! I hope you guys are ok and all the effort made to get the visas paid off. I’ll come back soon with more doubts before I finish my next application (FLR). Take care!

Sponsored Links