Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Just went to my GP  (Read 1763 times)

• Liked: 1892
Just went to my GP
« on: December 18, 2019, 11:26:08 AM »
Because I thought I had a painful rash, ends up I’m being sent immediately to the hospital. KFDancer, I see your Tuberculosis and raise with a possible deep vein thrombosis

• Liked: 6110
Re: Just went to my GP
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 11:45:42 AM »
Because I thought I had a painful rash, ends up I’m being sent immediately to the hospital. KFDancer, I see your Tuberculosis and raise with a possible deep vein thrombosis

I hope it's not. Looks like you're being well looked after though.  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 11:45:54 AM »

Oh snap!  Keep us posted!  Have you been on a long flight or anything recently?

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 11:49:20 AM »
Oh snap!  Keep us posted!  Have you been on a long flight or anything recently?
I had a bug that kept me in bed for 3 days so that might be it

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 11:52:01 AM »
My GP still doesn't have either results back yet (x-ray and lab growth of my gunk).  Let's hope nothing is life threatening.  LOL.  Luckily they gave me the full cocktail of TB drugs and I'm feeling much more human.  Still would like an answer as to what it actually caused me to be so ill for so many weeks though.  I'm not 100%  But I'd say 80% there now. 

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 11:52:31 AM »
I had a bug that kept me in bed for 3 days so that might be it

Yeah, could be.  Let's hope it's not!  Hopefully it's just something you caught from SoS's mom.  ;D

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 02:26:27 PM »
Glad you are feeling better for sure.

I’m feeling more confident about my chances as they’ve said they can’t do the ultrasound today. The only time you know sh*t is real with the NHS is when you start jumping queues and stuff happens mysteriously fast

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2019, 02:38:38 PM »
Tami is all the way in Scotland so we can’t blame her.  This rash looks like something a sailor would catch

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2019, 03:09:25 PM »
Update : they can't figure out wether it's a rash or DVT so for now I get treated for both .  Even if it’s a clot, it will be fine.  No operation, just blood thinners

Thanks everyone! As you were.

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2019, 03:17:34 PM »
Update : they can't figure out wether it's a rash or DVT so for now I get treated for both .  Even if it’s a clot, it will be fine.  No operation, just blood thinners

That's the thing with me.  I'm being treated for TB (which is just a strain of pneumonia).  So nothing would change even if they knew the results.  The NHS can be weird... 

• Liked: 957
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2019, 04:18:56 PM »

Glad they are taking precautions and you're OK! The only thing is, if it is DVT it means you are at risk of them in the future so you have to be careful with long car rides and travelling.

If the rash spreads and is red hot, it could actually be an infection so keep an eye on it and go back if it does. So many friends have gotten sepsis from cellulitis not being treated quickly enough. :(

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2019, 07:34:20 PM »
Glad they are taking precautions and you're OK! The only thing is, if it is DVT it means you are at risk of them in the future so you have to be careful with long car rides and travelling.

If the rash spreads and is red hot, it could actually be an infection so keep an eye on it and go back if it does. So many friends have gotten sepsis from cellulitis not being treated quickly enough. :(

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thanks Margo, cellulitis is exactly what they were talking about.  I'll take your advice and pay extra attention.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2019, 07:37:45 PM »
That's the thing with me.  I'm being treated for TB (which is just a strain of pneumonia).  So nothing would change even if they knew the results.  The NHS can be weird... 
I herd some Americans talking about Flu and saying they had been tested for one strain or another.  I was thinking WTF?  I've never heard of anyone getting confirmed with Flu, they just tell you "it's a bug" and tell you to go to bed.    Once I was sick during the swine flu outbreak and they just had me fill in a web form and sent me medicine.  No lab test or doctor follow up at all.

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2019, 07:39:17 PM »
Jimbo, I got “the call” at 5pm. X-ray back, quack wants to see me in person. Non-urgent. They wanted to do next week but I’m away so it’s Jan 2.  My big thing is I know I’m on the path back to healthy.  So I’m fine with waiting a couple of weeks....  I think. :)

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2019, 07:41:10 PM »
I herd some Americans talking about Flu and saying they had been tested for one strain or another.  I was thinking WTF?  I've never heard of anyone getting confirmed with Flu, they just tell you "it's a bug" and tell you to go to bed.    Once I was sick during the swine flu outbreak and they just had me fill in a web form and sent me medicine.  No lab test or doctor follow up at all.

When we were in the USA in Feb my son was diagnosed with flu.  They did a nasal swab put it in a machine and 20 minutes later it confirmed as a known strain of flu.  Then his chest X-ray showed sever pneumonia. And then everything moved very fast.

I was impressed that they can confirm flu right then and there.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab