Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(m) panic - reassurance needed!  (Read 2728 times)

• Liked: 32
FLR(m) panic - reassurance needed!
« on: December 20, 2019, 09:37:27 AM »
I'm hoping someone can provide some reassurance or guidance, as I'm having major panic about my pending FLR(m) application. 

I submitted my application, paid the IHS fee, and booked my appointment at an SSC.  I was never redirected to a Sopra Steria site, and instead all my confirmation emails said to bring my documentation with me to my SSC appointment (rather than being able to upload my docs via Sopra Steria as others have done).

This morning I called the SSC appointment line to confirm I should bring my documents with me and ask why I wasn't given the opportunity to upload via Sopra Steria.  The lady I spoke with said that depending on how you answer questions in your application, you are either directed to Sopra Steria or directly to the Home Office.  I was directed directly to the Home Office, and she confirmed they will upload my documents for me at my appointment for no extra fee.  I asked if she could confirm that my pending application was an FLR(m), and she said that it was indeed, but on a 10 year route.  She said she did not know why I would be on a 10 year route rather than 5 year route, but assured me not to panic (too late) and said I could discuss with the home office caseworker when I come in for my appointment.  FWIW, she seemed knowledgeable about this.

Has anyone had a similar experience?  What on earth would have pushed me into a 10 year route rather than a 5 year route?  Could this just be some weird administrative error?  I am totally and completely disheartened at being subject to immigration control for another 8 or so years and would really love some reassurance that there is really nothing to worry about and that I'll be on the 5 year route after all.  :(

Thank you, forum!

• Liked: 957
Re: FLR(m) panic - reassurance needed!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 10:01:10 AM »
How are you meeting the income requirements?

My guess is they know there's a bug in the system causing this to happen on occasion.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 10:07:34 AM »
Partner's income.  We are well above the income threshold and have the required documentation to support that.  And I hope you're right (but I'm still panicked!)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 10:08:37 AM »
Hmm, I’m guessing it’s just an error (or she read it wrong), because if you were on the 10-year route, you would know it already, because your previous visa would have been granted under the 10-year route.

The 5-year route is the standard route and almost everyone is on it.

People are only put on the 10-year route if their application falls for refusal and UKVI determines that instead of refusing the visa outright, they can be granted a visa outside of the rules under Article 8 (right to family life in the U.K.).

So, if you are not already on the 10-year route, you can’t be put on it now unless you don’t meet the requirements for this application - which won’t have been determined yet.

Also, if you were applying under the 10-year route now, you would be applying for FLR(FP), not FLR(M)... what does your application communication say on it? Is it FLR(M) or FLR(FP)?

If it is as she confirmed - FLR(M) - then the application should be for the 5-year FLR(M) route and not the 10-year FLR(FP) route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 10:13:22 AM »
On the pdf, under "Type of Visa/Application" it just says "family route".  Does not specify FLR(m) or FLR (FP).  Could I have possibly submitted the wrong application?   I linked to the application from the gov.uk site, and had originally searched for FLR(m) to get there in the first place.

Thank you both for taking the time to reply. 

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 11:04:19 AM »
Honestly, I don’t think you have anything to worry about - it’s likely to just be a minor error (or maybe the woman you spoke to was mistaken).

Only people in special circumstances, who cannot qualify for the visa, can be granted leave under the 10-year route, so if you do meet all the requirements, pretty sure they can only grant you the 5-year visa anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 12:36:16 PM »
Thank you Ksand!  I'll try to stop panicking now.  Surely you're correct, and the system is so buggy that it shouldn't really surprise me in the first place.  Sigh - it never gets easier, does it?!  I'll report back after my appointment on the 9th.

• Liked: 92
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 06:35:48 PM »
I am with you in panic today and mine’s just a typo (in my passport number 😩) I hope you’re feeling reassured but you can vent to me if need be! I submitted today too and was hoping to feel like a weight had been lifted but now I’m strsssed too Hope you get sorted at your biometrics and we can be on same timeline I think.
Application: April 5 2017
Biometrics: April 13 2017
Received: April 19 2017
Decision email: June 6 2017
Decision: June 8 2017 -- APPROVED! 😊
Arrived in UK: June 24, 2017

FLR(m): Applied standard - 20 Dec 2019
Biometrics done - 13 January 2020
Approved for FLR(m)!  Feb 2020

ILR Applied Super Priority - 12 July 2022
Biometrics (got a cancellation!) -13 July 2022
APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

Next up - Naturalisation application!

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2019, 09:54:31 PM »
I don't think the weight will be fully lifted until I have a British passport in hand!! Good luck with your application and I'm sure the passport typo will be no big deal (easy for me to say!!)

When is your biometrics appointment? Mine is the 9th. Crossing my fingers a decision is made soon after that!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2019, 09:10:50 AM »
I don't think the weight will be fully lifted until I have a British passport in hand!! Good luck with your application and I'm sure the passport typo will be no big deal (easy for me to say!!)

When is your biometrics appointment? Mine is the 9th. Crossing my fingers a decision is made soon after that!

I know how you feel. I meant to try to book it at midnight as I heard they sometimes release new core (free) appointments. I’m in Glasgow and all there are none. I may just book one in Edinburgh for £60 and be done with that too.—I’ll prob do that for the 13th as I have the day off so we’ll be a day or two apart if so :) Have a happy Christmas and don’t think about it too much 😐🎄

APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 07:24:09 PM »
Just an update to say I had my appointment last week. The person who checked me in wrote "FLR FP" on my check in paperwork, though the employee who went through my paperwork assured me I was on the five year partner route.  Who knows. My partner says worrying about it will do no good, and he's right of course, but I can't  help myself. The only other annoying thing is that they kept my passport (but returned my partner's).

Here's hoping this is all some weird glitch and that my decision (and passport!) come back to me soon!

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 08:01:30 PM »
So annoying :( Did they not tell you a reason for the “FP” and the passport?

APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2020, 09:28:00 PM »
Nope. Only that the way I answered questions in the application would have routed me either to the sopra steria site or to the home office (and I went to the home office). It's maddening!

Hope your biometrics went ok. Would you please let me/us know when you get your approval? I'm curious to see what happens since we should be roughly on the same timeline. The employee who returned my paperwork said it would take between 6 weeks to 6 months for my decision!

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2020, 07:14:54 AM »
Nope. Only that the way I answered questions in the application would have routed me either to the sopra steria site or to the home office (and I went to the home office). It's maddening!

Hope your biometrics went ok. Would you please let me/us know when you get your approval? I'm curious to see what happens since we should be roughly on the same timeline. The employee who returned my paperwork said it would take between 6 weeks to 6 months for my decision!

Of course! So sorry you have this added stress.

APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2020, 11:43:29 AM »
Hi forum,
I received a letter today requesting additional info on my application, specifically to provide proof that both my children live at home with me and my partner. This can be in the form of a letter from our surgery, nursery, health visitor, etc. I think I vaguely recall seeing other posts on this, but this requirement definitely wasn't on the application checklist and I don't remember seeing it in the guidance notes.  I'm still slightly paranoid since my application seems to be handled differently from others, so I'm just wondering if this really is a requirement and I just missed it? We will of course provide the info ASAP.
Thank you,
ChiK

Sponsored Links