Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(m) panic - reassurance needed!  (Read 2729 times)

• Liked: 32
Re: FLR(m) panic - reassurance needed!
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2020, 09:05:39 PM »
That is so strange. Do they also object to writing sick notes or fit for work reports? I mean, those are not direct healthcare either, but an integral part of the job.
My practice has a price list in the waiting room for all of these little extra paperwork things, non NHS travel injections etc.

My first reaction too would have been to leave the surgery.. but before taking any such action make sure to do your research just to make sure you are not jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. Ultimately, it does matter that the medical care you sign up for is the best available.
I don't know, but my sense is once they realized it was for the home office in connection with a visa app they decided they didnt want to touch it. I say this because at first they said yes to address verification and said there was a fee, then after disappearing to speak with someone else, the answer was no, and there was no one else available for me to ask, and no doctor appointments available for two weeks, etc.  And when the lady called today, she again referenced "home office" when she told me I couldnt have a letter.

Ugh. So frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 768
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2020, 09:09:04 PM »
I don't know, but my sense is once they realized it was for the home office in connection with a visa app they decided they didnt want to touch it. I say this because at first they said yes to address verification and said there was a fee, then after disappearing to speak with someone else, the answer was no, and there was no one else available for me to ask, and no doctor appointments available for two weeks, etc.  And when the lady called today, she again referenced "home office" when she told me I couldnt have a letter.

Ugh. So frustrating.

I'm wondering if this then has anything to do with recent news articles that talk about GPs being forced to tattle tell on immigrants to the home office... and the GPs have pushed back and said they will not compromise their patients data and tell on them to the HO. (paraphrasing from the gist of the articles)

• Liked: 404
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2020, 09:10:24 PM »

Ugh. So frustrating.

I hear you.

I suggest you continue finding letters from other sources.  It seems to be coming together.   Maybe that GP has been burned by past experience or perhaps it's staffed by dimwitted jobsworths...  either way I'd forget about them and move on.

Warm regards,

Matt
UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

• Liked: 92
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2020, 10:57:13 PM »

Ugh. So frustrating.

What an absolute pain! I’m the one who has bunches of kids’ mail but never submitted it and hope I don’t get asked to 🤦🏻‍♀️ My kids mail is - organ donor card and we opened savings accounts for them so we have bank stuff. Not sure how quickly that would all happen but I like the idea of asking an official person for a letter ?
Application: April 5 2017
Biometrics: April 13 2017
Received: April 19 2017
Decision email: June 6 2017
Decision: June 8 2017 -- APPROVED! 😊
Arrived in UK: June 24, 2017

FLR(m): Applied standard - 20 Dec 2019
Biometrics done - 13 January 2020
Approved for FLR(m)!  Feb 2020

ILR Applied Super Priority - 12 July 2022
Biometrics (got a cancellation!) -13 July 2022
APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

Next up - Naturalisation application!

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2020, 07:44:49 PM »
What an absolute pain! I’m the one who has bunches of kids’ mail but never submitted it and hope I don’t get asked to My kids mail is - organ donor card and we opened savings accounts for them so we have bank stuff. Not sure how quickly that would all happen but I like the idea of asking an official person for a letter ?
At least you have "stuff" if asked!!  We opened ISAs for both and sorted the dentist in an effort to establish more of a paper trail. 

Both our nursery and health visitor came through for us today with letters, so I'm feeling much better in general. Here's hoping we both have our 'yes' soon!

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2020, 09:15:44 PM »
Hope so!!!!! Keep us posted 👍

APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

Next up - Naturalisation application!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2020, 09:43:55 AM »

Ugh. So frustrating.

I’m dying for you to now book all sorts of appointments and stating anxiety over your visa application and worried your family will be torn apart due to being unable to get a required document for your child.  Obviously, your family isn’t going to be torn apart but it is fun to play them at their own game.  A girl can fantasise.  ;D

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2020, 12:41:19 PM »
Panic officially over- got my approval letter today, and BRP in the post. And, letter confirms I'm still on the five year route!!!

Thank you everyone again for your reassurance and help.  This was far more stressful than I was anticipating!!!

(Oh, and KFD, I spent a good week fantasizing about doing just what you wrote! Ha!)

« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 02:19:29 PM by ChiKristin »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2020, 03:01:45 PM »
Panic officially over- got my approval letter today, and BRP in the post. And, letter confirms I'm still on the five year route!!!

Congratulations!!!  :)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2020, 07:18:19 PM »

Thank you everyone again for your reassurance and help.  This was far more stressful than I was anticipating!!!

(Oh, and KFD, I spent a good week fantasizing about doing just what you wrote! Ha!)

Congratulations! So glad it's all sorted now.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2020, 01:23:01 PM »

Hurray!!! Have been wondering about you! So glad someone with some sense sorted it out for you. Time to relax and celebrate 🎉

APPROVED! - 13 July 2022