Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) checklist  (Read 6212 times)

• Liked: 253
Re: FLR(M) checklist
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2020, 09:55:59 PM »
Out of curiosity, are the payslips electronic? You keep saying "certified" for them. I've only seen anyone talk about anything like that or having the employer letter verify them if they are electronic and you have to print.

My payslips are electronic/digital, meaning they just deposit my pay into my bank and there's a business hub which has PDFs of all our payslips. To "certify" my payslips, I visited my HR department, had them print out all the payslips and confirm the date of payment of each payslip and how much I was paid (gross) in each payslip within the letter from my employer.  And now I'm going to scan each payslip independently and then the letter from my HR department.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2020, 09:57:53 PM »
Luckily this is not a thing any more. It changed very recently.

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=97384.msg1290701#msg1290701

Good to know! I've been taking the practice Life in the UK tests as prep ahead of me buying the actual book. It's been fun using them as pub quizzes with my friends.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2020, 08:17:44 AM »
    So to triple check before I start scanning everything:

Applicant

Copy of current passport (I have no other passports)
Optional: The letter I got with my last visa rejection

Sponsor

Copy of my husband’s current UK passport (has no other passport)

Finances

6 months certified payslips (June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec 2019), dated within 28 days
6 months certified bank statements showing the deposit of every single payslip (June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec 2019), dated within 28 days, all pages are stamped by my bank
Letter from my employer (dated within 28 days) stating ALL of the following:
  • current employment and salary
  • length of employment
  • length of time earning current salary
  • type of employment
  • Confirming that my payslips are accurate
Optional: my job contract

Accommodation
Tenancy agreement for current residence, also have a council tax bill for this address

Relationship
Marriage certificate
My 7 sets of correspondence documents:
  • 22 December 2017: Joint electric
  • 27 April 2018: Joint council tax
  • August/September 2018: Him = Letter from HCPC, husband's name dated 21 August 2018; Me = HRMC letter, dated 5 September
  • 21 December 2018: Joint electric
  • 8 April 2019: Joint council tax
  • 30 September 2019: Joint bill, electric
  • Optional 31 December 2019: Joint electric
[/list]

The tenancy agreement is in both names and no divorces? If so, looks good.

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2020, 07:31:25 PM »
The tenancy agreement is in both names and no divorces? If so, looks good.

Yupp it has also been signed by both of us, and no divorces (hopefully ever, keeping those fingers crossed).

And yay! I'm going to submit in my application hopefully by Wednesday. Just double-checking all my answers on the application so far

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2020, 07:47:13 PM »
Good luck!  :)

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2020, 07:50:20 PM »
Good luck!  :)

Thanks! I'm sure when I'm reading through things I'll be back on this forum and asking seemingly stupid/simple questions  ;D

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2020, 08:23:54 PM »
I just had a thought. The application says to submit a council tax bill as part of the proof of residence, but Reading Council doesn't do monthly mailed statements anymore. They only have the year statement. So I got my last mailed council tax statement in April when I moved in, and it has the year breakdown of payments. Is this okay? I mean I have a bill from the end of Dec so it's apparent I'm still living at my address.

Question about finances and salary part: I earn a consistent salary but occasionally get paid a bonus for writing extra content for other mags. So I assume my answer to the financial requirement and salary question is still: “The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount.”

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2020, 08:30:59 PM »
I just had a thought. The application says to submit a council tax bill as part of the proof of residence, but Reading Council doesn't do monthly mailed statements anymore. They only have the year statement. So I got my last mailed council tax statement in April when I moved in, and it has the year breakdown of payments. Is this okay? I mean I have a bill from the end of Dec so it's apparent I'm still living at my address.

Just submit your annual statement from April - that's what they will be expecting you to send.

I wasn't even aware that any councils issued monthly bills... I've lived in a few different UK cities over the last 15 years and I've only ever received annual bills in March/April.

Question about finances and salary part: I earn a consistent salary but occasionally get paid a bonus for writing extra content for other mags. So I assume my answer to the financial requirement and salary question is still: “The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount.”

Yes... they will only look at your base salary when working out your income, and your base salary is the same every month.

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2020, 08:31:39 PM »

1-  Annual council tax bill is fine.
2-Yes.

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2020, 08:40:56 PM »
Just submit your annual statement from April - that's what they will be expecting you to send.

I wasn't even aware that any councils issued monthly bills... I've lived in a few different UK cities over the last 15 years and I've only ever received annual bills in March/April.

Yes... they will only look at your base salary when working out your income, and your base salary is the same every month.

Wayyyy back when I first moved to Reading, they sent monthly statements. I think it was phased out fairly soon after because I remember calling them for my initial spouse visa and having the "I need this as proof of residence for my visa" argument with them.

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2020, 08:42:18 PM »
thanks @larrabee and @ksand24!! I think that's all on the online application I have questions so it's just loads of scanning, uploading and actually paying for everything

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2020, 06:56:41 PM »
OKAY last panic questions, I swear. I sat down with one of my friends and my visa checklist. They put everything into this amazing folder for me, and it's all put away so I won't touch or fiddle with the documents any more.

But this conversation with my friend did raise two good questions:

1. Is is okay that my bank statements don't have my name on them?

I've gotten every back (front and back) stamped, and I've even highlighted the dates/instances where my payslips have gone in so I'm pretty sure immigration will be able to put it together. Do I need to include my name and banking information in an explanation letter, or do you think what I have now is okay?

2. My electric bills only say "Mr (Surname) and Ms (Surname)" – not our first name and surnames, is this alright?

I have the original documents saved from my successful spouse visa where we submitted electric bills from the same company we use now. They have the same surname only format so I think I'll be okay, but still a bit freaked out.

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2020, 07:14:34 PM »
OKAY last panic questions, I swear. I sat down with one of my friends and my visa checklist. They put everything into this amazing folder for me, and it's all put away so I won't touch or fiddle with the documents any more.

But this conversation with my friend did raise two good questions:

1. Is is okay that my bank statements don't have my name on them?

I've gotten every back (front and back) stamped, and I've even highlighted the dates/instances where my payslips have gone in so I'm pretty sure immigration will be able to put it together. Do I need to include my name and banking information in an explanation letter, or do you think what I have now is okay?

2. My electric bills only say "Mr (Surname) and Ms (Surname)" – not our first name and surnames, is this alright?

I have the original documents saved from my successful spouse visa where we submitted electric bills from the same company we use now. They have the same surname only format so I think I'll be okay, but still a bit freaked out.

1- What sort of thing are you planning to submit which doesn't have your name and banking information on it?

Every bank statement I've seen does and even when I had the bank print and stamp statements for me, they had my info on them.
If they don't show the name and bank account information, they will not be able to accept them as yours, ..even with your pay going in. Putting two and two together is not what they do, you need to spoon feed them everything!

I would have suggested that you provide a letter from the bank authenticating them (an explanation from you wouldn't do in this case) to accompany them but I don't see how that would even work if there is no bank account number/sort code for them to validate.

Just an aside, it's not a good idea to highlight anything. Best to leave everything exactly as is. Many people do though so it's not a dealbreaker.

Edited to add. Unless you mean they have your bank account number and sort code on them but just not your name? In which case, I would definitely get a letter from your bank which states that those account details belong to you.

2- That is not a problem.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 07:42:27 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2020, 07:39:09 PM »
1- What sort of thing are you planning to submit which doesn't have your name and banking information on it?

Every bank statement I've seen does and even when I had the bank print and stamp statements for me, they had my info on them.
If they don't show the name and bank account information, they will not be able to accept them as yours, ..even with your pay going in. Putting two and two together is not what they do.

I would have suggested that you provide a letter from the bank authenticating them (an explanation from you wouldn't do in this case) to accompany them but I don't see how that would even work if there is no bank account number/sort code for them to validate.

Just an aside, it's not a good idea to highlight anything. Best to leave everything exactly as is. Many people do though so it's not a dealbreaker.

Edited to add. Unless you mean they have your bank account number and sort code on them but just not your name? In which case, I would definitely get a letter from your bank which states that the account details belong to you.

2- That is not a problem.

Ah nuggets. Well, good news is it's an easy fix! I think it might have been because I printed the statements from my online account because it just has my account number and sort code etc, but it doesn't say my name anywhere. I think it's an easy enough fix if I just go to my bank and ask them to print my statements. The branch of my bank near my workplace is fairly dead so I can go ask them tomorrow to either reprint and stamp everything or give me a letter.

And yay! I've been having minor panic attacks about that dreaded surname only stuff all day since my friend pointed it out  ::)

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2020, 08:18:17 PM »
Ah nuggets. Well, good news is it's an easy fix! I think it might have been because I printed the statements from my online account because it just has my account number and sort code etc, but it doesn't say my name anywhere. I think it's an easy enough fix if I just go to my bank and ask them to print my statements. The branch of my bank near my workplace is fairly dead so I can go ask them tomorrow to either reprint and stamp everything or give me a letter.

And yay! I've been having minor panic attacks about that dreaded surname only stuff all day since my friend pointed it out  ::)

Great! I was having a panic myself for a moment because I thought you might have submitted already but thankfully I see you haven't yet!

Sponsored Links