Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How did you upload "additional info" letters?  (Read 1206 times)

• Liked: 56
How did you upload "additional info" letters?
« on: January 06, 2020, 09:22:05 AM »
Hi everyone.
I know many of us have written additional info letters to explain what we can't in spaces provided in the application. Before the online system, I always used to just write mine up in one document and put the question I was referring to in bold so it was clear for them.
For the new system, I believe we upload documents to relevant folders, right? (I'm not there yet, but this seems to be the case from what I have read.) So...what have people done about this? If you have multiple issues from different aspects of the requirements, are people writing it all in one document and putting it in a specific folder? Or are they breaking it down and submitting with relevant folders?
For example...I need to add extra explanation of past driving offenses and explanation of something about payslips. Should I write an individual letter about the payslips to put in with finances evidence, or keep it all together?
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

• Liked: 3595
Re: How did you upload "additional info" letters?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 09:48:03 AM »
For example...I need to add extra explanation of past driving offenses and explanation of something about payslips. Should I write an individual letter about the payslips to put in with finances evidence, or keep it all together?

I'm not sure how the folders/sections for uploading are set up, but if there is one, I would put the driving offences explanation letter either in an 'Applicant Documents' section or in an 'Additional Information' section.

I've read your other post about including an extra payslip and bank statement and there is nothing to explain, so DO NOT include a letter about the payslips.

• Liked: 92
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 12:30:38 PM »
Confused as well but I thought I’d let you know what the categories are as I’m doing this today.

There is no guidance once you open the categories except in the mandatory ones (and even that guidance seems lacking)

I’ll tell you my plan of how I’m doing it but it could be wrong.

“Mandatory documents for <<applicant name here>>”

Document type
- Proof of Identity / Travel History
(Once you open that tab, mine says “Evidence of <sponsor name> immigration status in the UK, The Biometric residence permit for <<my name>>

Here I put my BRP, all and my husbands passport pic page of his UK passport

Next under mandatory is has
Proof of Application
Says
“The passport issued by the USA for Mrs JMH (me) , Declaration signed by spouse or civil partner Your partner should download, sign and return the following Declaration: Your partners relationship Declaration for married partners and civil partners

Will put the Optional Documents categories in next post
Application: April 5 2017
Biometrics: April 13 2017
Received: April 19 2017
Decision email: June 6 2017
Decision: June 8 2017 -- APPROVED! 😊
Arrived in UK: June 24, 2017

FLR(m): Applied standard - 20 Dec 2019
Biometrics done - 13 January 2020
Approved for FLR(m)!  Feb 2020

ILR Applied Super Priority - 12 July 2022
Biometrics (got a cancellation!) -13 July 2022
APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

Next up - Naturalisation application!

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 12:38:30 PM »
Following the mandatory documents it says “optional documents” (seems so misleading to say that right??!)

Below is a list of optional documents categories. Please ensure you check your access UK document checklist before including documents in the categories below. For some application routes, “optional” Documents offer you the ability to prove evidence in a number of categories at your discretion to satisfy immigration rules.

So now there are the categories and absolutely no instructions under the category names

“other” (I plan to put the 2 years mailed dox here, maybe a covering letter explaining a few things - like a typo I made£

Residence in the UK (I put my lease agreement and all my Council tax bills)

Finances (I put all the 6-7 Bank Statements and 6-7 payslips for sponsor here )

Proof Of Business (put nothing here)

Life Events (here I put marriage certificate, my kids’ birth certificates and UK passports)

Medical Information (I put nothing here)

Sponsors / Employment (I put letter from sponsors employer and Employment contract here - threw in his passport again for kicks

Educational (nothing)

If anyone sees anything amiss please advise! It’s so blurry. Was just talking about how cryptic it all is with a friend.

APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 01:31:38 PM »
Holy crap that is all confusing. I really appreciate you giving the details though.

How is it allowing people to go back in and upload after you get out? I know everyone says you can, but I'm really scared about it. I've just caught some errors on payslips that I need the office manager to update her letter about, so now I may not get it or the regular employment letter till Wednesday. I want to apply tonight but am so scared to do it without the employment letters.

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 01:44:53 PM »
Oh, hey...did you label your files in any particular way? Not sure exactly how to do mine. Did you put your reference number on them?

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 02:57:45 PM »
Holy crap that is all confusing. I really appreciate you giving the details though.

How is it allowing people to go back in and upload after you get out? I know everyone says you can, but I'm really scared about it. I've just caught some errors on payslips that I need the office manager to update her letter about, so now I may not get it or the regular employment letter till Wednesday. I want to apply tonight but am so scared to do it without the employment letters.

It’s awful how everything is organised on here. It is easy to upload. I did my application back before Xmas and decided not to deal with uploading until I got kids back in school. My biometrics is in one week. Have heard you can upload up until 48 hours before (and of course the site says “up until your appointment” or something vague like that.

It gives guidance on how to label it. But it isn’t specific- I saved mine all really w really detailed file names, and separately as PDFs and it has made it easy to feel somewhat organised. So you upload it you can also “Name” it as you’re uploading on the ukvi site - I did mine like “Passport - Current - All Pages - Jessica” or “Bank Statement 1 Nov - Payslip 4” etc trying to be helpful to the reviewer but I’m sure that’s overkill

APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2020, 03:34:00 PM »
It’s awful how everything is organised on here. It is easy to upload. I did my application back before Xmas and decided not to deal with uploading until I got kids back in school. My biometrics is in one week. Have heard you can upload up until 48 hours before (and of course the site says “up until your appointment” or something vague like that.

It gives guidance on how to label it. But it isn’t specific- I saved mine all really w really detailed file names, and separately as PDFs and it has made it easy to feel somewhat organised. So you upload it you can also “Name” it as you’re uploading on the ukvi site - I did mine like “Passport - Current - All Pages - Jessica” or “Bank Statement 1 Nov - Payslip 4” etc trying to be helpful to the reviewer but I’m sure that’s overkill

Oh, I know about uploading later....it just makes me nervous. I mean, my eye hasn't stopped twitching today with all the little issues I have found that need explanations to them.

Thanks for your help.

Out of curiosity....did you choose to have your bio appt so far ahead or are is the availability just that far off? My current visa is up on Feb 15th, so I was hoping submitting today that 5 weeks will long enough to get me a spot. Not fussed if its not a free one.

And I hear you on the overkill. I was always an over-thinker, but these last five years....phewww. I always tell people who put up with me, "you think its bad *dealing* with me, try actually being *inside* my head" lol.

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2020, 03:37:56 PM »
Oh, I know about uploading later....it just makes me nervous. I mean, my eye hasn't stopped twitching today with all the little issues I have found that need explanations to them.

Thanks for your help.

Out of curiosity....did you choose to have your bio appt so far ahead or are is the availability just that far off? My current visa is up on Feb 15th, so I was hoping submitting today that 5 weeks will long enough to get me a spot. Not fussed if its not a free one.

And I hear you on the overkill. I was always an over-thinker, but these last five years....phewww. I always tell people who put up with me, "you think its bad *dealing* with me, try actually being *inside* my head" lol.

I chose it in advance so I could enjoy the holidays 😂  I’m in Glasgow so there seem to be ample appointments in Edinburgh and Glasgow so I wouldn’t go by me - I have seen English centres have a much longer wait. If I had been willing to pay there were appointments for me next business day available. I just wanted time to do the uploading (I made sure I had them all before submitting) and I’m also a touch on the early side of applying so I didn’t want to risk it being done too quickly for when it comes time for my ILR at 60 months

APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 03:41:13 PM »
i also just realised you are doing ILR and I’m doing FLR(m) so your documents categories are probably different! I’m so sorry! 🤦🏻‍♀️

APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 03:50:35 PM »
Because the upload categories are so random, if I were applying now, I would include a list of contents arranged by the requirements the way we know them. That way  the officer knows everything is there and that he just to look for it!

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2020, 06:25:24 PM »
i also just realised you are doing ILR and I’m doing FLR(m) so your documents categories are probably different! I’m so sorry! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Oh, do NOT be sorry hun. Even if mine is different, it probably won't be that much and you gave me some great detail for it! Thank you!

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 06:28:42 PM »
Because the upload categories are so random, if I were applying now, I would include a list of contents arranged by the requirements the way we know them. That way  the officer knows everything is there and that he just to look for it!

Yea, I'm just not sure how to word that letter...…
I suppose if I'm uploading it, I will have time. Thank goodness for that ability to upload after submitting. I'm still nervous about it, but afraid I won't have a choice. I was so frantic today that when my husband's boss emailed me the letter to say it was good, I completely overlooked the fact they aren't dated! So my husband comes home, gives the letters to me and THAT'S when I realised it. *facepalm*

• Liked: 5
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2020, 08:25:02 PM »
After reading the document sections for uploading from Jess, I can confirm it's exactly the same for ILR. My wife's appointment is tomorrow morning which I'm driving her to and I've been in charge of making sure all the documents are up and ready. I'm super stressed that I've missed something, but hopefully within 48 hours we'll have our good news.

When uploading documents, there are guidelines on what you should name the file (for example "Bank-Statement-Apr-2019.pdf") and if you've made a mistake (either a typo or you selected the wrong file) then you can remove it and upload the correct file. The uploading portion definitely takes place after submitting your application; there's no way to upload until you have.

When it came to booking the appointment, we submitted the application on Dec 14th and we selected the first available free appointment at the nearest centre (Birmingham) so roughly 3 and a half weeks between booking it and attending it.

If anything sticks out after our appointment that isn't obvious, I'll post back here to hopefully help someone else out.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 08:28:12 AM by Jon56 »

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2020, 11:11:17 PM »
Oh, do NOT be sorry hun. Even if mine is different, it probably won't be that much and you gave me some great detail for it! Thank you!

Happy to help and now I may know a little something for my next freak-out in 2.5 years! 😂 and thanks for the insight @Jon56  I’m sure all will go well. Good luck

APPROVED! - 13 July 2022