Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How did you upload "additional info" letters?  (Read 1199 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: How did you upload "additional info" letters?
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2020, 06:23:39 PM »
Fingers crossed they don't deny based on putting things in wrong folders when they themselves haven't given any guidance to it.

They can't do that, don't worry.

• Liked: 56
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2020, 06:28:01 PM »
They can't do that, don't worry.

Yaaaaaaaaaayyyy.
Maybe now I can't sleep :) cheers!
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

• Liked: 92
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2020, 09:30:46 PM »
Yaaaaaaaaaayyyy.
Maybe now I can't sleep :) cheers!

You’re good! After the appointment there’s nothing to be done but wait. Keep me posted!! Excited for you
Application: April 5 2017
Biometrics: April 13 2017
Received: April 19 2017
Decision email: June 6 2017
Decision: June 8 2017 -- APPROVED! 😊
Arrived in UK: June 24, 2017

FLR(m): Applied standard - 20 Dec 2019
Biometrics done - 13 January 2020
Approved for FLR(m)!  Feb 2020

ILR Applied Super Priority - 12 July 2022
Biometrics (got a cancellation!) -13 July 2022
APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

Next up - Naturalisation application!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2020, 01:39:34 PM »
May I ask a question in this thread because it seems pertinent to  the uploading of additional info letters. I have read through everything and cannot see it covered anywhere else.

I just wish to know, when it comes to the supporting letters, whether it is essential that the printed and posted application form is accompanied by true originals of supporting letters, or whether prints of PDF copies will suffice.

I am just about ready to submit, but I have two letters that have been emailed from the UK. The job offer from my UK employer,and a letter from my parents confirming that we can live with them (we plan to at least at the outset). Both letters have been signed and scanned and emailed over to us, and I was planning to just print them out and include them in the package of additional info ( as well as uploading them of course)

But should I have ink signed originals sent from the UK for inclusion.

I would so appreciate a quick bit of advice on that. I have so much appreciated all the other advice on here. Thank you in anticipation.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2020, 01:58:49 PM »
I just wish to know, when it comes to the supporting letters, whether it is essential that the printed and posted application form is accompanied by true originals of supporting letters, or whether prints of PDF copies will suffice.

You do not print or post the application form - it is all done online and then I believe you simply print the first page and mail it to New York with your passport and stamped biometrics sheet. All other supporting documents are either scanned and uploaded to the VFS site or you pay for the scanning service and mail them all to New York.

I am just about ready to submit, but I have two letters that have been emailed from the UK. The job offer from my UK employer,and a letter from my parents confirming that we can live with them (we plan to at least at the outset). Both letters have been signed and scanned and emailed over to us, and I was planning to just print them out and include them in the package of additional info ( as well as uploading them of course)

But should I have ink signed originals sent from the UK for inclusion.

In regards to the employer letter, letter from homeowner and the sponsor letter, they should all be original letters, printed and hand-signed, and then scanned and uploaded along with the rest of the documents. Ideally, the applicant should keep originals of all the documents to hand in the US in case they need to be resubmitted for any reason.

I would so appreciate a quick bit of advice on that. I have so much appreciated all the other advice on here. Thank you in anticipation.

It's much easier for us if you can ask all your questions in one single thread dedicated just to your own application... that way we can advise you specifically, based on your own personal circumstances (which we can easily check by scrolling up the page), without 2 or 3 different people posting their questions in someone else's application thread, as that can confuse things.

For example, one person's sponsor might be located in the UK, in which case they can get their supporting letters in person and they can pay to submit their documents in person from inside the UK; another person's sponsor might still be living in the US (like yourself) and needs the letters mailing to them from the UK before scanning them in the US; another person might be applying in person at a premium centre so their sponsor has to mail ALL the supporting documents to them in the US so they can take them to their appointment.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2020, 02:09:12 PM »
Thank you KSand24 I really appreciate the advice. The only reason I popped it in here was because I asked the question in my own thread yesterday morning at 9.30am ish, but got no replies. I needed to try again. Sorry.

Can I clarify whilst I am back here tho. You say keep the originals in the US. I thought the letters had to go in the hard copy application package being sent off. Are you saying yes it is OK to put scanned prints in there, but keep the originals safe. I think you are.

You have provided great advice always.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2020, 02:20:17 PM »
Thank you KSand24 I really appreciate the advice. The only reason I popped it in here was because I asked the question in my own thread yesterday morning at 9.30am ish, but got no replies. I needed to try again. Sorry.

No worries - I think I did see your question yesterday, but I was at work (I've just detached overseas and am still doubled up on shift) and then it slipped my mind later in the day.

Can I clarify whilst I am back here tho. You say keep the originals in the US. I thought the letters had to go in the hard copy application package being sent off. Are you saying yes it is OK to put scanned prints in there, but keep the originals safe. I think you are.

You don't print the scanned documents, you simply upload them to the VFS website for processing.

So, you do not usually send ANY original or printed documents to New York, other than the applicant's current passport, the stamped biometrics sheet, and the first page of the application (I think), plus return shipping and priority receipts.

The entire application process changed about a year ago, and now instead of mailing originals or copies, you scan and upload everything to the VFS website and then only mail the items listed above. Your documents will then be forwarded to Sheffield electronically for processing.

It is still possible to mail COPIES of all the documents to New York for them to scan but I think it costs about £100 to do that now (new fee as of a couple of months ago), so if you do it at home, it's cheaper.

However, regardless of whether you upload the documents or send copies to New York, we always recommend keeping all the originals to hand in the US, just in case you are contacted and asked to produce or rescan them for any reason.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 02:22:47 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2020, 02:23:58 PM »

You have provided great advice always.

Not so long ago it was the case that all the hard copies were mailed to New York. Now, unless you elect to pay them to scan your documents for you, (if they are still offering this) you should scan your evidence yourself and just physically send the applicant's original passport, the stamped biometric receipt and anything else which they specifically mention.

But to answer your original question, the applicant should be in possession of original, wet signature documents  as they could be requested later during the processing of your application.

• Liked: 56
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2020, 03:57:59 PM »
In case anyone wants to know....I asked the person at my biometrics appt if putting the payslips and bank statements under Finances was OK, and he said he thought it would be fine. However, he was actually surprised at how many documents I had uploaded. Which, I think, means that they have absolutely no idea what the home office requires for the different visas.I explained that I had to do each document individually in order to be under 6mb...and he didn't even seem to know that the files had to be below 6mb. He was a really nice guy and very patient with how nervous I was, but yea there def seems to be very little training given to the appt people just in regards to what they should often see. :(
Also, Completely different than the old in-person appts where you had to go through airport-like security and then taken to a private room for the biometrics. Was pretty quick too....even with the guy doing a doc check against my personal checklist.
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

Sponsored Links