Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Appendix FM Partner - UK Fiance Visa Application  (Read 1180 times)

• Insta
  • Liked: 6
Appendix FM Partner - UK Fiance Visa Application
« on: January 07, 2020, 02:48:24 PM »
Hi everyone,  it is almost time to apply for the fiance visa. I have listed below the evidence requested as part of the application process on what I believe is the new website. I am self-employed (IT contractor) so there are a lot of company docs required which my accountant is helping with.

I have made some notes in italics but my main concern is that we're not being asked for anything from the landlady but that might be because I have stated that I live alone. Also no note about needing bank statements stamped by the bank on each page which I've been told about in the past. Finally, no request for evidence of existing relationship (chat logs, photos, etc).

Please let me know if you notice anything I need to be aware of. Thanks, Phil(UK) & Rosa(USA)

1.   The passport or travel document for ROSA from United States of America
Assuming she needs to scan every page of her current passport. No mention of previous passports

2.   Copy of the bio data page of the passport or travel document for PHIL from British Citizen. The bio data page of a passport is the page with a photograph and biographical information on (for example the name, date of birth, place of birth and passport number).
Copy of the photo pages of PHIL’S passport

3.   Divorce or dissolution certificate between ROSA and EX HUSBAND
US version of the decree absolute

4.   Divorce or dissolution certificate between PHIL and EX WIFE
PHIL’S decree absolute

5.   Proof that ROSA and PHIL intend to marry within 6 months
Invoice for deposit for wedding venue and catering
Invoice from council registrar
Invoice from photographer for deposit
Receipt for wedding rings

6.   A certificate of VAT registration and the VAT return for the last full financial year (a copy or a print out) confirming the VAT registration number, if turnover is in excess of £79,000 or was in excess of the threshold which applied during the last full financial year for PHIL at PHIL’S COMPANY

7.   A current Appointment Report from Companies House for PHIL at PHIL’S COMPANY

8.   Company Tax Return CT600 (a copy or print out) for the last full financial year and evidence this has been filed with HMRC for PHIL at PHIL’S COMPANY

9.   Corporate or business bank statements covering the same 12-month period as Company Tax Return CT600 for PHIL at PHIL’S COMPANY
No mention that they need to be stamped by the bank

10.   Dividend vouchers for all dividends declared in favour of the person during or in respect of the period covered by the Company Tax Return CT600 showing the company's and the person's details with the person's net dividend amount and tax credit for PHIL at PHIL’S COMPANY

11.   Evidence of ongoing employment as a director of the company or of ongoing dividend income from the company at the date of application for PHIL at PHIL’S COMPANY
Personal bank statement showing dividend income at time of application

12.   Evidence of registration with Companies House for PHIL at PHIL’S COMPANY

13.   If not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant's certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) or is a member of the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA) for PHIL and PHIL’S COMPANY

14.   Payslips and P60 (if issued) covering the same period as the Company Tax Return CT600 for PHIL at PHIL’S COMPANY

15.   Personal bank statement(s) showing that those dividends were paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly for PHIL at PHIL’S COMPANY

16.   Personal bank statements covering the same 12-month period as the Company Tax Return CT600 showing that the salary as a director was paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly for PHIL at PHIL’S COMPANY

17.   One proof of British citizenship for PHIL (such as a passport or UK citizenship certificate)
Surely this is the same as point 2

• Liked: 3595
Re: Appendix FM Partner - UK Fiance Visa Application
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 04:48:37 PM »
The application will not necessarily ask for everything... it's up to you to know what you have to send and to include it with your documents

1.   The passport or travel document for ROSA from United States of America
Assuming she needs to scan every page of her current passport. No mention of previous passports

She needs to MAIL her passport to New York City for processing. They cannot process the visa without her physical passport, because the visa sticker is put INSIDE the passport. No passport = visa refusal.

I believe she also needs to scan in all her previous passports so they can check her travel history etc.

5.   Proof that ROSA and PHIL intend to marry within 6 months
Invoice for deposit for wedding venue and catering
Invoice from council registrar
Invoice from photographer for deposit
Receipt for wedding rings

These are all fine to send, but all you actually need is a printed email chain with the registry office showing you have enquired about potential dates and availability for the wedding.

Ideally you should not book anything for the wedding until she has the visa in her hands and has moved to the UK, because there is no guarantee that she will get the visa in time to give notice to marry in order to have the wedding on a specific date (you don't know yet when the visa will be granted or when she will be able to move to the UK... and then once she is in the UK, it's a 7-day wait to give notice, then at least 28 days before you can marry once you have given notice, but this could potentially be extended to 70 days if they decide to refer your case to UKVI because she has a visa).

There are 3 main requirements for the visa (financial, accommodation and relationship) and at the moment, your documents only meet 1 requirement (financial)... so if you only send the documents you have listed, the visa will definitely be refused.

You also need to send:

Accommodation evidence.
If you rent, you must include:
- your original tenancy agreement
- a letter from the landlady giving the applicant permission to live there.

Relationship evidence.
You need to send evidence of:
- having met in person (1 photo)
- all your trips to see each other (boarding passes/e-tickets)
- physical cards/letters sent to each other
- screenshots of regular email/message/call/IM communication covering the entire length of your relationship

• Insta
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 05:02:16 PM »
Thanks so much for your reply. I'm hoping all the other documentation they need will be listed once the payment for the visa has been made. I find it odd that it isn't mentioned on the site.

Rosa will go to one of the Homeland Security offices in Arizona to submit her documents with her physical passports, along with giving her fingerprints and photo. The site says this is how it is done and no mention about New York. Has the process changed recently?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 06:08:00 PM »
Thanks so much for your reply. I'm hoping all the other documentation they need will be listed once the payment for the visa has been made. I find it odd that it isn't mentioned on the site.

Rosa will go to one of the Homeland Security offices in Arizona to submit her documents with her physical passports, along with giving her fingerprints and photo. The site says this is how it is done and no mention about New York. Has the process changed recently?

That is just the biometric appointment. After that, the application needs to be processed. That's where sending the passport to NY comes in.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 06:16:19 PM »

No, that's not how it works. All applications are processed in Sheffield, UK, and have been for years, either submitted via the New York VFS Scanning Hub or via one of the 10 VFS Premium Centres located across the US.

See here for applying in the US:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa

You have 3 ways to submit your documents:
- scan and upload your documents to the VFS website, attend biometrics at a USCIS ASC, then mail your passport and admin documents to New York for processing

- pay for New York to scan your documents for you, attend biometrics at a USCIS ASC, send all your documents to New York for scanning and processing

- book and attend one of the 10 Premium Centres located in major US cities (costs $2000 extra on top of the visa fee and IHS surcharge) and submit biometrics and all your documents in person... you get to keep your passport, but other than that it's a complete waste of money.

The 10 Premium Centres are located in:
Atlanta
Boston
Chicago
Houston
Los Angeles
Miami
New York
San Francisco
Seattle
Washington DC

If you don't use a Premium Centre, in terms of giving biometrics in Arizona, she can book biometrics at one of the following ASCs (https://egov.uscis.gov/office-locator/#/ascresults/AZ/Arizona):

Albuquerque, NM
1605 Isleta Boulevard, SW, Suite C, Albuquerque, NM 87105-4793

Las Vegas, NV
5650 West Badura Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89118-4712

Phoenix, AZ
1330 South 16th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034

Tucson, AZ
4475 South Coach Drive, Tucson, AZ 85714

Yuma, AZ
3250 South 4th Avenue, Suite E, Yuma, AZ 85365-4051

These are run by US immigration and they simply take your fingerprints and photo on behalf of UKVI.  They have nothing to do with your application and you cannot submit any documents there.

It's simply a 5-minute appointment, where they check your ID, stamp your appointment confirmation sheet, take your fingerprints and photo and send you home. You then have 5 days to mail your passport, stamped sheet, application, any documents, priority processing receipt (if purchasing), return shipping label and return envelope to New York.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 06:18:23 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 11:12:33 AM »
Thanks for this info. I think we've changed our mind and will use the premium centre in LA. It just sounds less risky.

Just to let you know, they won't help you with the application they'll just scan your documents for you. You are still responsible for providing all of the correct evidence.  It's a lot of extra money for nothing more really than being able to keep your passport.
The processing won't be any faster than regular priority either although now is a good time to apply as it's quiet anyway.

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 11:36:23 AM »
Just to let you know, they won't help you with the application they'll just scan your documents for you. You are still responsible for providing all of the correct evidence.  It's a lot of extra money for nothing more really than being able to keep your passport.
The processing won't be any faster than regular priority either although now is a good time to apply as it's quiet anyway.

I agree - the Premium Centres are a complete rip-off and your application will not be processed any faster than just paying the £573 priority fee and submitting your passport to New York. You're basically just paying an extra $1,000 for the option to keep your passport.

The only situation in which I would suggest using a Premium Centre is if the applicant has to travel urgently (not to the UK) and needs to use their passport while the application is processing.

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 11:44:42 AM »
I agree - the Premium Centres are a complete rip-off and your application will not be processed any faster than just paying the £573 priority fee and submitting your passport to New York. You're basically just paying an extra $1,000 for the option to keep your passport.

And then you have the extra hassle of having to return the passport to them to have the vignette applied, should your application be successful.

• Insta
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 11:47:15 AM »
Thanks everyone. It's getting clearer by the day. I understand now that the Premium Centres and Homeland Security Centres just do your biometrics and you then do all the sending (within 5 days). The extra $2k to keep your passport and get text updates didn't sound necessary. We'll use Phoenix.

I now have all the documents so fiance will press the button when she is in the US at the weekend.

• Insta
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2020, 10:14:57 AM »
Just a quick question. Rosa mentioned to me that she read about a 30 day time limit for arriving in the UK once the visa is approved. Is this true? I would think that it is within 30 days of the date you say you plan to arrive in the UK. We have a wedding date planned of 26 August 2020 and am concerned the visa will be granted too early to get married in the 6 month limit, if we apply now. Any answers really appreciated, thanks
Phil

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 11:16:04 AM »
Just a quick question. Rosa mentioned to me that she read about a 30 day time limit for arriving in the UK once the visa is approved. Is this true? I would think that it is within 30 days of the date you say you plan to arrive in the UK. We have a wedding date planned of 26 August 2020 and am concerned the visa will be granted too early to get married in the 6 month limit, if we apply now. Any answers really appreciated, thanks
Phil

The 30 days applies to a spouse visa. Fiancé visas are made valid for 6 months. You should still be able to nominate a date of travel so that  you give yourself ample time after the wedding. Make sure to emphasise his date in your letter as sometimes they ignore it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 11:23:21 AM by larrabee »

• Insta
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 11:20:20 AM »
Excellent, many thanks

• Insta
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 10:07:12 AM »
Another couple of random questions.

1. When the real passport is sent to New York, do you have to send all your old passports too?
2. Say that Rosa wants to travel to Canada whilst her passport is not with her. She says she can use an ID card. Is it inadvisable to leave the US whilst in this process?

Thanks
Phil

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 10:56:26 AM »
1.  There is no need to physically send in expired passports to NY.  Just scan them (or send photocopies along with the other documents if you're having NY scan).  The current valid passport is sent to NY so when the application is approved, a visa vignette (sticker) can be affixed to a page inside.  This vignette is a 30-day entry visa so the applicant can come to the UK initially.  Within 10 days of arrival on this vignette, the applicant will then collect their BRP from a designated Post Office, and that will be the 33-month spouse visa. ... her 6-month fiancee visa sticker can be affixed to a page inside.  It will be valid for six months, during which time you will get married and then submit an application for the first 30-month FLR(M).

2.  The only thing the applicant can't do while the decision is pending is enter the UK.  If she has appropriate travel documents, she could meet you in any third country.  So if she has an ID card that they will accept at the Canadian border, that travel is perfectly acceptable while she waits.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Insta
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 10:57:45 AM »
Many thanks for the fast reply

Sponsored Links