Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ‘Twas the nite before Biometrics (FLRM)  (Read 1191 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: ‘Twas the nite before Biometrics (FLRM)
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 07:03:10 PM »

They will have a photo of you from biometrics and one of your sponsor from their passport so I guess they finally decided it was a waste of time you sending passport photos as well.

Thank goodness! It was just a waste of money and an additional inconvenience.

• Liked: 18
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 11:09:21 PM »
Hi all... The information here has been sooo helpful so far - thank you! 
It is just a few nights before my biometrics appointment this Saturday and just realized, while scanning my passport, that I do not have an UK immigration stamp from my last trip to the states - it just shows my arrival in the US but nothing for when I returned to the UK. Should I explain this in my cover letter?!
Visa type: UK spouse settlement 
Application submitted from: USA
Original online application submitted: Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Biometrics: Friday, April 7 (1st available appointment)
Confirmation Email: Thursday, April 20
Decision email: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
FLR granted Feb. 26, 2020
ILR applied for May 1, 2022
Decision email received August 23rd
Residence permit received August 25th
Next: dual citizenship

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 06:37:07 AM »
Hi all... The information here has been sooo helpful so far - thank you! 
It is just a few nights before my biometrics appointment this Saturday and just realized, while scanning my passport, that I do not have an UK immigration stamp from my last trip to the states - it just shows my arrival in the US but nothing for when I returned to the UK. Should I explain this in my cover letter?!

I don’t think the U.K. gives immigration stamps to US citizens anymore because you can now use the e-gates to re-enter... so they will have an electronic record of you returning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 18
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 09:17:00 AM »
That's a relief - must be the case. Thanks so much!
Visa type: UK spouse settlement 
Application submitted from: USA
Original online application submitted: Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Biometrics: Friday, April 7 (1st available appointment)
Confirmation Email: Thursday, April 20
Decision email: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
FLR granted Feb. 26, 2020
ILR applied for May 1, 2022
Decision email received August 23rd
Residence permit received August 25th
Next: dual citizenship

• Liked: 56
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 08:15:40 AM »
How are you holding up, @jessmed3 ?
My appt finished at noon yesterday and I've done priority...not heard a peep in any way and am getting scared. Knew if I didnt hear by 5 last night, that I wouldn't hear yesterday. Just Absolutely sick to my stomach and not slept. :(
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2020, 08:25:05 AM »
How are you holding up, @jessmed3 ?
My appt finished at noon yesterday and I've done priority...not heard a peep in any way and am getting scared. Knew if I didnt hear by 5 last night, that I wouldn't hear yesterday. Just Absolutely sick to my stomach and not slept. :(

Remember, it's not a same day service. You should hear by the end of today, I hope you do, but even then it's not unusual for a decision to take longer than that.
Try to get some rest.

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2020, 08:57:07 AM »
Remember, it's not a same day service. You should hear by the end of today, I hope you do, but even then it's not unusual for a decision to take longer than that.
Try to get some rest.

I know its only supposed to get you some sort of response within 24 hours. Its just, with all the stupid little things that had to be explained, the longer I wait the more terrified that they are gonna be unsatisfied with what I have provided. I honestly don't know if I will survive the weekend. I know that sounds over dramatic but I don't know how I am going to cope if I don't hear something. That's why I opted for  Thursday appt not a Friday one. :(

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2020, 09:02:23 AM »
I know its only supposed to get you some sort of response within 24 hours. Its just, with all the stupid little things that had to be explained, the longer I wait the more terrified that they are gonna be unsatisfied with what I have provided. I honestly don't know if I will survive the weekend. I know that sounds over dramatic but I don't know how I am going to cope if I don't hear something. That's why I opted for  Thursday appt not a Friday one. :(

I have my fingers crossed that you do hear today but if by any chance you don't, try to get out into the fresh air and have walk or a run... the endorphins will do you the world of good.  :)

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2020, 09:11:11 AM »

You should get the decision within 24 hours, but it really does mean 24 hours. You were never going to hear anything from them yesterday, so there was no need for you to worry or not sleep last night.

And as larrabee said, sometimes they don't manage to process it within 24 hours. You should hear back by the end of today, but be prepared that you may not.

If you don't, DON'T WORRY. It's nothing to do with your application... they just aren't always very good with sticking to the 24 hours. Since it's the end of the week, you may actually find you don't hear anything until early next week.

All you can do right now is forget about it as much as you can, and distract yourself by doing other things. Like larrabee suggested, get out and go for a walk or something, or go shopping, go to the cinema... just find something to take your mind off it for a while.

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2020, 09:36:01 AM »
Sadly, I'm a bit screwed on that front. I currently work as a learner support assistant for high needs kids in a college, but its usually the most boring job I've ever had. For the most part, I do nothing but tell the kids to get off their phones. And on Fridays I am with kids in practical lessons that I have absolutely nothing to do in. And I'm not allowed to be on my phone or read or keep my brain occupied in any way, in case one of the kids actually needs me. Its mental torture on a good day.
So basically until 5pm today, I have to sit quietly with absolutely NOTHING to occupy my thoughts.  :\\\'(

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2020, 01:20:33 PM »
I'VE GOT IT! I've just checked my email on my lunch break and the email was there. OMG, I completely broke down. i can't believe its all over.

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2020, 01:28:07 PM »
I'VE GOT IT! I've just checked my email on my lunch break and the email was there. OMG, I completely broke down. i can't believe its all over.

Yay - congratulations :D !

That’s awesome... it is all over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2020, 01:47:33 PM »

Thank goodness!  ;D

Well done SheIsis! 

• Liked: 248
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2020, 10:45:29 PM »
That is fantastic!  Hubby's biometric is in two weeks (priority) and I am stressed already.

Congratulations.  Enjoy your weekend!

• Liked: 92
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2020, 01:01:24 PM »

Yayayay!!! Always great to hear & particularly for you as I know it has been so stressful!  I’m holding up ok. I am oddly at peace with it as I felt good about my documents and advice I’ve gotten here! Nothing to do but wait. It’s a small gnawing feeling but not 100% occupying my mind - that may change in a month’s time!
Application: April 5 2017
Biometrics: April 13 2017
Received: April 19 2017
Decision email: June 6 2017
Decision: June 8 2017 -- APPROVED! 😊
Arrived in UK: June 24, 2017

FLR(m): Applied standard - 20 Dec 2019
Biometrics done - 13 January 2020
Approved for FLR(m)!  Feb 2020

ILR Applied Super Priority - 12 July 2022
Biometrics (got a cancellation!) -13 July 2022
APPROVED! - 13 July 2022