Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR - Application and Travel Questions (Updated w/Additional Question)  (Read 463 times)

• Liked: 2
Hello!  I've used this site for all of my applications and am getting ready to submit my ILR!  Yay.  I have a few questions, which I hope haven't been asked too many times.  I have been reading the forums.  First, I'm a bit nervous with the online application, it seems too easy.  I went through the questionnaire, but the application and emails with links to return to my application don't actually say anywhere "ILR"  they just say "Set M".  How do I actually confirm that I'm filling in the correct application??  At the end it's told me to pay £2408.20 for Standard Service or £3208.20 for Super Priority.  Does that sound like ILR?
Second, for documents, my payroll has gone to e-slips.  Is this ok  and just to be noted in the otherwise required letter from employer?  Same with council tax, we have an online login.  Bank statements- someone in another group insists that you can print your statements online then take them to the branch for stamp, but I don't believe that to be true.  I think the branch needs to print and stamp.  Can anyone confirm?
Financial requirement- I see people are still referring to Category A and B, etc, but the application just asks do you meet the requirement - Yes.  Then it asks for me to select my name or my husband's, then you fill in the details of the employment.  It doesn't have any category selections.  Am I doing this right?
Lastly, travel.  I'd REALLY like to pay less money for standard service.  However, I'm travelling to the US on 26th March through 9th April for my brother's wedding; flights already booked.  Are we able to travel while the application is in progress or should I just go ahead and pay for the Super Priority?  I know this has been discussed a little here, but it's been a while, so I wondered what the advice is on this.  I'm leaning towards no, because my BRP expires in February, so I would be concerned about re-entry upon return. 

Thank you in advance for your help! 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 10:01:18 AM by Texgirl »
Online application completed: Oct 27 2014
Biometrics completed: Nov 3 2014
Application packet sent: Nov 5 2014
Documents delivered by UPS: Nov 7 2014
Email confirmation from Sheffield: Nov 10 2014
Decision email received:  Nov 20 2014
Visa arrived: Nov 22
Moved to England: 11 Dec 2014
FLR-M Application Sent:  13 June 2017
Decision Made: 27 July 2017
Biometric Residence Card Received: 28 July 2017
Decision Letter and Documents Returned:  29 July 2017
ILR Decision Email:  ILR Granted 18 February 2020

• Liked: 6110
Re: ILR - Application and Travel Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 11:38:38 AM »
Hello!  I've used this site for all of my applications and am getting ready to submit my ILR!  Yay.  I have a few questions, which I hope haven't been asked too many times.  I have been reading the forums.  First, I'm a bit nervous with the online application, it seems too easy.  I went through the questionnaire, but the application and emails with links to return to my application don't actually say anywhere "ILR"  they just say "Set M".  How do I actually confirm that I'm filling in the correct application??  At the end it's told me to pay £2408.20 for Standard Service or £3208.20 for Super Priority.  Does that sound like ILR?
Second, for documents, my payroll has gone to e-slips.  Is this ok  and just to be noted in the otherwise required letter from employer?  Same with council tax, we have an online login.  Bank statements- someone in another group insists that you can print your statements online then take them to the branch for stamp, but I don't believe that to be true.  I think the branch needs to print and stamp.  Can anyone confirm?
Financial requirement- I see people are still referring to Category A and B, etc, but the application just asks do you meet the requirement - Yes.  Then it asks for me to select my name or my husband's, then you fill in the details of the employment.  It doesn't have any category selections.  Am I doing this right?
Lastly, travel.  I'd REALLY like to pay less money for standard service.  However, I'm travelling to the US on 26th March through 9th April for my brother's wedding; flights already booked.  Are we able to travel while the application is in progress or should I just go ahead and pay for the Super Priority?  I know this has been discussed a little here, but it's been a while, so I wondered what the advice is on this.  I'm leaning towards no, because my BRP expires in February, so I would be concerned about re-entry upon return. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

SET M is correct.

Online payslips need to be verified by letter from your employer.

Bank statements should be stamped on every page if not original. It doesn’t matter who prints but some banks are understandably reluctant to stamp something you bring to them.

Your items  of correspondence should be originals sent through the post.

• Liked: 16
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 12:31:34 PM »
hey texgirl - it's not a good idea to travel whilst you don't have a biometric card, as there's no way to prove you have leave to remain in the country.

go for the super premium service, it's well worth it if you can afford it.
Sept '11: premium service same-day tier 4 visa granted in NYC
July '13: tier 4 visa - applied from boston
October '14: FLRM - applied priority in sheffield office
March '17: FLRM 2 - applied priority in sheffield office
Sept 2019: IRL, priority at Croydon, granted same day
October 2019: submitted naturalisation application
January 2020: citizenship approved!
March 2020: last citizenship ceremony before covid :-O

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 10:00:29 AM »
Another question on the application, it didn't even ask me about time out of the country.  Many things that I either remember being asked or that I've read about here and was prepared for haven't even been asked.  The application seemed very easy.  It did ask for my Life in the UK exam number, so I'm assuming this is the correct application.  It asked about finances, but didn't lay out any categories.  Am I missing something or just being overly paranoid? 

Also, I am to the point that I can pay and hit submit.  Do I need to have all of my documents gathered before I do that, or do I have time to pull everything together after I hit submit and pay?  I ask because I want to have the most up to date payslip and bank statements, dates on employer letter, etc, so I'm panicking about which to do first.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 02:18:13 PM by Texgirl »
Decision Letter and Documents Returned:  29 July 2017
ILR Decision Email:  ILR Granted 18 February 2020

• Liked: 957
Re: ILR - Application and Travel Questions (Updated w/Additional Question)
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 02:38:29 PM »
You should have all your documents in hand before submitting and paying, as that date is your application date and everything needs to be dated prior to it (within 28 days for financial evidence).

Sorry I can't answer your other questions, hopefully someone who has been through the new form can weigh in!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 16
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 11:13:39 AM »
Another question on the application, it didn't even ask me about time out of the country.  Many things that I either remember being asked or that I've read about here and was prepared for haven't even been asked.  The application seemed very easy.  It did ask for my Life in the UK exam number, so I'm assuming this is the correct application.  It asked about finances, but didn't lay out any categories.  Am I missing something or just being overly paranoid? 

you're absolutely fine, but a little paranoid :-) the online application is simpler than the paper application was. as I recall it didn't ask about categories, just for you to confirm that you met requirements.

as margo said, just make sure all your documents are ready, and you're ready too :-) but it might be that you have to wait for a final document, like bank statement, after you submit. that's ok - for instance I went to get my most up to date statement from my bank the week in between submitting my application and my priority appointment as otherwise my statements are quarterly. so when needed, there is a little bit of wiggle room.

you got this :-)
Sept '11: premium service same-day tier 4 visa granted in NYC
July '13: tier 4 visa - applied from boston
October '14: FLRM - applied priority in sheffield office
March '17: FLRM 2 - applied priority in sheffield office
Sept 2019: IRL, priority at Croydon, granted same day
October 2019: submitted naturalisation application
January 2020: citizenship approved!
March 2020: last citizenship ceremony before covid :-O

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 02:29:39 PM »
Thank you for the replies so far everyone!  Can anyone tell me what the actual process is?  I THINK I'm going to upload my own documents.  I've completed the application up to the point of payment.  I plan to do the Super Priority as I have to travel to the US at the end of March.  However, I just realised I'm supposed to be going to Belgium by ferry on 31 January.  Since I've already started pulling my documents together, I don't want the dates to go stale.  If I pay now, at what point do I upload the documents?  If I pay, upload documents, and then set my biometrics appointment for after I return from Belgium (just a weekend trip), would that work?  I don't want to run into any timing issues with appointments and my US travel...I need this all done before that.  Or am I better off waiting to pay and submit the application until after I return from Belgium? 

Also, a random question about scanning.  I have some documents that I've saved electronically...my payslips are e-pay, so I've downloaded those files (I'll have my employer letter and all other required documents as well), as well as my Land Registry document.  Are the downloaded documents going to be acceptable when "scanning documents" or do I need to print then rescan? 

Thank you again for your help.