Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiancé Visa to FLR (M) Visa  (Read 1021 times)

• Liked: 4
Fiancé Visa to FLR (M) Visa
« on: January 13, 2020, 08:14:42 PM »
Hello,

We are getting ready to submit our paperwork for my FLR(M) visa. I entered into the UK on a fiancé visa in September and I have till start of March to submit for the new visa.

I have a quick question about one section of the application, where we have to provide proof that we’ve lived together for a  extended period of time. Such as bills in both names. That being said the only thing that we have with my name on it is a letter from the doctors office.

What do we do for this section? Since I’ve only been here for 4 months.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Fiancé Visa to FLR (M) Visa
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 08:23:20 PM »
Hello,

We are getting ready to submit our paperwork for my FLR(M) visa. I entered into the UK on a fiancé visa in September and I have till start of March to submit for the new visa.

I have a quick question about one section of the application, where we have to provide proof that we’ve lived together for a  extended period of time. Such as bills in both names. That being said the only thing that we have with my name on it is a letter from the doctors office.

What do we do for this section? Since I’ve only been here for 4 months.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

We always recommend that the first thing couples do on arrival is to get their names on as many bills and accounts as possible to avoid this problem. They need to be coming in on paper, through the post so turn off  paperless on everything.

If you don't have sufficient correspondence evidence, you must explain why not in a letter to accompany your application but you should definitely make a real effort to include more than you currently have. At this stage don't worry about the spacing just get that correspondence coming in for both of you.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 08:49:46 PM »
We always recommend that the first thing couples do on arrival is to get their names on as many bills and accounts as possible to avoid this problem. They need to be coming in on paper, through the post so turn off  paperless on everything.

If you don't have sufficient correspondence evidence, you must explain why not in a letter to accompany your application but you should definitely make a real effort to include more than you currently have. At this stage don't worry about the spacing just get that correspondence coming in for both of you.

We may just have to write a letter because we currently live at his parents house. So all the bills are in their names. Not sure what types of things we would even be able to change.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 08:53:44 PM »

We may just have to write a letter because we currently live at his parents house. So all the bills are in their names. Not sure what types of things we would even be able to change.

That does make it harder. Have you not yet changed your address on your US bank and credit card statements? Mobile phone contracts?

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 09:44:08 PM »
That does make it harder. Have you not yet changed your address on your US bank and credit card statements? Mobile phone contracts?

What all can we submit for it? He has what he needs. But I have a couple of forms from doctors. But would online orders that I’ve made count? If I have a invoice for the orders?

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 09:46:43 PM »

What all can we submit for it? He has what he needs. But I have a couple of forms from doctors. But would online orders that I’ve made count? If I have a invoice for the orders?

Here are the examples.

.Examples of acceptable items of correspondence
• letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing
• letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• bank statements/letters
• building society savings books/letters
• council tax bills or statements
• electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• water rates bills or statements
• mortgage statements/agreement
• tenancy agreement(s)
• telephone bills or statements

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 10:45:31 PM »
Here are the examples.

.Examples of acceptable items of correspondence
• letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing
• letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• bank statements/letters
• building society savings books/letters
• council tax bills or statements
• electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• water rates bills or statements
• mortgage statements/agreement
• tenancy agreement(s)
• telephone bills or statements

Thank you!
So what I’ve come up with so far is

Eye doctor appointment summary from October
Prescription order letter (?) from October
Marriage license from October
Hospital referral letter (from eye doctor) from December
Prescription refill letter from December
Dentist appointment summary letter from December

I know it’s all medical stuff but do those work?

Thank you for your help

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 08:57:41 AM »
Thank you!
So what I’ve come up with so far is

Eye doctor appointment summary from October
Prescription order letter (?) from October
Marriage license from October
Hospital referral letter (from eye doctor) from December
Prescription refill letter from December
Dentist appointment summary letter from December

I know it’s all medical stuff but do those work?

Thank you for your help

Just to clarify that you've paid for all your treatment so far?  As on the fiance visa you are NOT allowed to use the NHS without paying.  It's one of the primary reasons we recommend not going the fiance visa route.  You will be able to use the NHS without paying after your FLR(M) is approved.

Until then, make sure you pay for any and all treatment, and have receipts for proof to submit with your application.  Without it, your application will take much longer to process and if there is an unpaid bill totalling £500 or more, the visa is automatically refused.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 09:31:50 AM »
Just to clarify that you've paid for all your treatment so far?  As on the fiance visa you are NOT allowed to use the NHS without paying.  It's one of the primary reasons we recommend not going the fiance visa route.  You will be able to use the NHS without paying after your FLR(M) is approved.

Until then, make sure you pay for any and all treatment, and have receipts for proof to submit with your application.  Without it, your application will take much longer to process and if there is an unpaid bill totalling £500 or more, the visa is automatically refused.

Yes. All treatment has been paid for out of pocket.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 12:16:19 PM »
Yes. All treatment has been paid for out of pocket.

Fantastic.  Well, not fantastic, but glad you have a paper trail.  It'll really help with the processing times and ensure an approval.  :D

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 12:18:44 PM »
Fantastic.  Well, not fantastic, but glad you have a paper trail.  It'll really help with the processing times and ensure an approval.  :D

If it’ll  help with confusion I won’t include the hospital referral because I cancelled and declined that appointment.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 10:22:47 AM »
If it’ll  help with confusion I won’t include the hospital referral because I cancelled and declined that appointment.

That won't make a difference.  The purpose of submitting the post is to prove that you and your partner have been living at the same address (to show a genuine and subsisting relationship).  UKVI don't care whether you attended the appointment... they just want to see official correspondence sent to you and your fiancee through the post at the same address.  NHS is considered an official source, so if you need the referral letter to make up the numbers, use it.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 10:26:16 AM »
Don’t forget that you need mail from both you and your spouse for the application.

You don’t mention whether the above items are in your name or your partner’s name, but if you are using individual documents, for every document in your name, you need one in your spouse’s name as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 11:24:34 AM »
That won't make a difference.  The purpose of submitting the post is to prove that you and your partner have been living at the same address (to show a genuine and subsisting relationship).  UKVI don't care whether you attended the appointment... they just want to see official correspondence sent to you and your fiancee through the post at the same address.  NHS is considered an official source, so if you need the referral letter to make up the numbers, use it.

Okay. Should I include a letter explaining that I didn’t accept the NHS treatment with the hospital referral?

Sorry for all the questions. Just want to make sure to submit it incorrectly.

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 11:25:49 AM »
Don’t forget that you need mail from both you and your spouse for the application.

You don’t mention whether the above items are in your name or your partner’s name, but if you are using individual documents, for every document in your name, you need one in your spouse’s name as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband has his bank statements, his own NHS referrals and the phone bill with his name on it. Hopefully that is enough.

Sponsored Links