Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR - Dependent Information  (Read 370 times)

• Liked: 2
ILR - Dependent Information
« on: January 14, 2020, 09:02:30 AM »
Hi, I have another question before completing my ILR application.  My British citizen husband has a child, British citizen, born here.  My FLR application asked quite in dept questions about the dependent, even though he wasn't part of the application.  The new online ILR application asks if there is a dependent, does he live full time with us, and asks to explain why he doesn't live with us.  It doesn't ask for his name, DOB, mother's name, etc, which was asked previously.  Am I still supposed to send his birth certificate or any other documentation for him?  Am I filling everything in correctly, or have I missed something?  Thank you again for your help.

Online application completed: Oct 27 2014
Biometrics completed: Nov 3 2014
Application packet sent: Nov 5 2014
Documents delivered by UPS: Nov 7 2014
Email confirmation from Sheffield: Nov 10 2014
Decision email received:  Nov 20 2014
Visa arrived: Nov 22
Moved to England: 11 Dec 2014
FLR-M Application Sent:  13 June 2017
Decision Made: 27 July 2017
Biometric Residence Card Received: 28 July 2017
Decision Letter and Documents Returned:  29 July 2017
ILR Decision Email:  ILR Granted 18 February 2020

Re: ILR - Dependent Information
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 01:13:24 PM »
Does anyone know if any documentation is required for a dependent; British citizen child of the sponsor?  Child is not part of the application.  His birth certificate was required on FLR, but I'm not seeing anything requesting that in either the application and I can't find any mention of dependent children in the appendix other than for children that are part of the application.

Thank you.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 01:26:28 PM »
Does anyone know if any documentation is required for a dependent; British citizen child of the sponsor?  Child is not part of the application.  His birth certificate was required on FLR, but I'm not seeing anything requesting that in either the application and I can't find any mention of dependent children in the appendix other than for children that are part of the application.

Thank you.

Things may have changed recently, but last I heard, for ILR you needed to send:
- child’s birth certificate
- child’s passport
- a letter addressed to the child dated in the last 3 months confirming their address (I.e. a letter from their school or GP)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 02:07:53 PM »
Thank you, Ksand24.  By any chance do you know where I can find the full guidance notes?  I've searched all over the gov.uk website, and can only find separate portions of the appendix, and not the full list.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 02:18:12 PM »
Thank you, Ksand24.  By any chance do you know where I can find the full guidance notes?  I've searched all over the gov.uk website, and can only find separate portions of the appendix, and not the full list.

Pretty sure the guidance notes have been taken off the website, as well as the document list. It’s all apparently contained in the online application now :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: ILR - Dependent Information Updated Question
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 04:03:56 PM »
Hello,  following on my questions about dependent child not part of application - I guess I misread the question and after submitting I feel like it's asking for his actual address, which would be why a piece of mail is required.  I did not put his address though, just that he lives primarily with his mother and spends 2-3 nights per week in our home.  The question states:  Provide details of where the children live, who they live with and their relationship with that person.  Include the reason they do not live with your partner. 
I answered:  My partner has a 12 year old son from a previously relationship.  He primarily resides with his mother and my husband shares joint custody with the child's mother.  His child stays in our home 2 to 3 nights per week.  This is the joint living agreement between my husband and the child's mother due to school and stability for the child.

I now feel like it was specifically asking for his address, hence the previous response that a piece of mail is required.  Should I write a letter to upload with the documents elaborating what the child's address is? Hopefully I haven't just screwed up my entire application.

Secondly, he is 12.  He does not have any mail.  His mother has a letter addressed to herself with the subject being his name which is his acceptance to grammar school, but it is from last March.  Again, nowhere in the application does it even state we need to send anything for him.  Any thoughts or advice on sending his passport, birth certificate, the letter to his mother from March and an additional letter from me listing his home address? 

Thanks everyone!

Re: ILR - Dependent Information Updated Question
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 04:22:40 PM »
I now feel like it was specifically asking for his address, hence the previous response that a piece of mail is required.  Should I write a letter to upload with the documents elaborating what the child's address is? Hopefully I haven't just screwed up my entire application.

You won't have screwed anything up. I would just include a separate letter/sheet of paper listing his address with a note that you misunderstood the question.

Secondly, he is 12.  He does not have any mail.  His mother has a letter addressed to herself with the subject being his name which is his acceptance to grammar school, but it is from last March.  Again, nowhere in the application does it even state we need to send anything for him.  Any thoughts or advice on sending his passport, birth certificate, the letter to his mother from March and an additional letter from me listing his home address? 

The online application doesn't always ask for everything that is required. Someone else on the forum was contacted by UKVI the other day asking for a letter for their child confirming their address, even though the online application didn't say anything about including one.

So, you should be sending:
- his passport
- his birth certificate
- a letter confirming his permanent address, dated in the last 90 days. Most people use a letter from the child's GP or dentist (which you may be charged for) or a letter from their school.

- apparently the application also asks for evidence of the other parent's address, but I'm not convinced this is actually required

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 04:26:16 PM »
Thanks for the help Ksand24.  I'll see if my step-son's mother can call his GP or school and get them to send something.  I'm sure correspondence to her won't be an issue, it's just to him, so we can get both pieces of need be.  I'll write the letter about the misunderstood question to go along with this info.

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 04:30:27 PM »
Thanks for the help Ksand24.  I'll see if my step-son's mother can call his GP or school and get them to send something.  I'm sure correspondence to her won't be an issue, it's just to him, so we can get both pieces of need be.  I'll write the letter about the misunderstood question to go along with this info.

It doesn't have to be addressed TO him, it just has to confirm his address... so the letter can be addressed to his mother, with the body of the letter confirming the address they have on file for her son.

Sponsored Links