Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where is guidance for when to apply regarding the 28 days?  (Read 238 times)

• Liked: 56
Where is guidance for when to apply regarding the 28 days?
« on: January 14, 2020, 06:53:37 PM »
Hi everyone.
Out of curiosity, where is the guidance that says we can apply for ILR 28 days before reaching 60 months? Cause I'm checking through my scanned documents and I read through my last Leave to Remain Granted letter, and it actually says "You must apply before the end of your authorised stay in the UK, but not more than 28 days before completing that period. If you apply earlier than that, your application may be refused."

Starting to freak out here cause 28 days before my 5 year mark was Jan 2nd but 28 days before the end of my visa is till the 18th......I know the 28 days is a standard thing we all know, but can anyone show me the guidance so I stop freaking out?
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

• Liked: 3589
Re: Where is guidance for when to apply regarding the 28 days?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 07:00:57 PM »
It’s referring to cases where you won’t reach 60 months until your visa expiry date. This is not the case for you because you entered on a spousal visa and will likely reach 60 months more than 28 days before the visa expires.

The important part is that you do not apply more than 28 days before you qualify for ILR (i.e. before you reach 60 months).

In short: stop questioning everything. You are fine, you meet all the requirements, all your documents are fine. So stop thinking about it.

If anything was amiss with your application, we would have told you weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 56
Re: Where is guidance for when to apply regarding the 28 days?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 07:06:40 PM »
It’s referring to cases where you won’t reach 60 months until your visa expiry date. This is not the case for you because you entered on a spousal visa and will likely reach 60 months more than 28 days before the visa expires.

The important part is that you do not apply more than 28 days before you qualify for ILR (i.e. before you reach 60 months).

In short: stop questioning everything. You are fine, you meet all the requirements, all your documents are fine. So stop thinking about it.

If anything was amiss with your application, we would have told you weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. I really am sorry....I was uploading things till super late last night so just wanted to triple check that everything was on there and then I just spiralled. I completely trusted you guys on this....my brain just needed verification or else I won't sleep again. :-(
Boy, are you guys gonna be glad to be rid of me after all this lol.
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

Sponsored Links