Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Travelling during pending ILR application  (Read 213 times)

• Liked: 4
Travelling during pending ILR application
« on: January 14, 2020, 07:47:08 PM »
Hi Guys,

My wifes ILR application is going off in a month or so and I understand there is quite a wait time (last I saw was approx 6 months) without paying the extra 800 quid for the next day decision...

I just have a quick query related to travel during this period, as friends of ours have been asking us to go away with them and we are looking for clarity on what is and isn't possible...

1) Am I right in assuming that despite the process being electronic now and hence my wife still having her passport during the application decision period, were we to leave the Country we would have an issue with her returning here to live and work while the application is off and pending, and therefore Europe/the rest of the world is out of the question?

2) We live in Wales, and from what I understand we could fly to Scotland as no passport is required (correct me if wrong).  However, would this also be the case were we to fly into Belfast as this is still UK? And I assume flying into Dublin would not be possible without a passport?

Any advice or guidance you guys provide would be hugely appreciated :)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Travelling during pending ILR application
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 08:19:11 PM »
Hi Guys,

My wifes ILR application is going off in a month or so and I understand there is quite a wait time (last I saw was approx 6 months) without paying the extra 800 quid for the next day decision...

I just have a quick query related to travel during this period, as friends of ours have been asking us to go away with them and we are looking for clarity on what is and isn't possible...

1) Am I right in assuming that despite the process being electronic now and hence my wife still having her passport during the application decision period, were we to leave the Country we would have an issue with her returning here to live and work while the application is off and pending, and therefore Europe/the rest of the world is out of the question?

2) We live in Wales, and from what I understand we could fly to Scotland as no passport is required (correct me if wrong).  However, would this also be the case were we to fly into Belfast as this is still UK? And I assume flying into Dublin would not be possible without a passport?

Any advice or guidance you guys provide would be hugely appreciated :)

She won’t have her BRP so won’t be able to re-enter the UK.  Flying requirements vary by *airline*.  Best to stick to non flight travel or shell out the extra money.  Not good news, but the reality.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Travelling during pending ILR application
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 08:34:36 PM »
Maybe think about taking the train to Scotland, it's not far.  :)

Sponsored Links