Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Category B financial qualification. A question concerning past 6 month earnings  (Read 328 times)

• Liked: 0
To recap we are ready to submit our spouse visa  application,. Just getting all the pdfs saved for uploading.

I am the sponsor returning to my old job in the UK, on £46k pa so using the category B route. But I believe I must still account for the last 6 months earnings in the US. I have got my bank statements for the 12 months to 27 December 2019, and payslips. But 28 week s were with one employer and 24 weeks with my current one.

He has confirmed those 24 week earnings etc. I had no chance with the first 28 weeks boss he is so elusive and disorganised.

But it has just dawned on me that when I got the letter and statements/payslips it was to cover 24 weeks not the full 26 weeks/6months. At the point of gathering all the info I had only worked 24 weeks, although on an annual equivalent of well over the £18600. That is what the letter states.

But will that cut it or do I need the full 6 months as well as the UK job offer. Thins would mean going back to the bank for two more statements and the current boss redoing the letter. Further delay ....... desperate to get this done.

Will the 24 week supporting info cut it, or do I need to bring it all up to the full 26 by adding the last two weeks paid in January even tho I had earned more than enough in the 24.

No idea how this works. Is the full 26 weeks hard and fast. Thank you .....

• Liked: 4985
For category b, returning to the UK, you need 12 months (52 weeks) of bank statements and payslips prior to the application date.  Six months is NOT enough.

Thank you. I do have 12 months/52 weeks of statements and payslips. But only the last 24 of these are supported by the employer letter. I was led to believe I only needed an employer supporting letter for the last 6 months.

By the sound of it the 24 must be lifted to the full 26 weeks by adding payslips and statements from the last two weeks.

But are you saying I need an employer lettter from BOTH employers in the last year. Not just the one covering the last 6 months?

• Liked: 3589
The employer letter is required ONLY if you are currently employed by that employer.

As you are applying under Category B, the length of time you have been employed by them is irrelevant (that only matters for Category A, which you don’t qualify for anyway as you haven’t been with them for a full 6 months)

So, all you need is:
- 12 months payslips and bank statements
- letter from CURRENT US employer (verifying your current employment with them, however long that is)
- letter/contract from current/future U.K. employer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it. I think I am ok then.  Thank you so much.

• Liked: 4985
This is why it’s good to keep to one thread.  We’ve answered this exact question a couple of times AND linked the exact guidance.

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=97478.msg1291642#msg1291642

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=97434.msg1291302#msg1291302

We have no problem helping, but it’s not buying you time chasing things you don’t need.   :D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 08:17:01 PM by KFdancer »

Sincere apologies.

I clearly did not completely understand the first time. Or at least I was having doubts as to whether I understood clearly. I thought listing it on a separate thread being more specific would help.

Having burned over $2000 getting the application wrong back in 2015/16 I would confess to a measure of fear and paranoia. You will recall I got no refund then.

Humour me with one more question here please if that is ok

If you get a wording wrong on an employers supporting letter for example do you get a message requesting more info or a correction. Or just a flat refusal. If the latter does that mean you have to stump up again the fee, the IHS and the biometric fees.

I am wondering whether I should get my application professionally checked if it does. I simply could not bear it again.

I addition to the post immediately above this one, can I ask another. I have checked other threads carefully first, and I don’t believe this has been covered.

With a letter from parents confirming accommodation being available (inc floor plans and title deeds)

And

With the job offer letter from the UK

Both have been sent electronically in pdf format and I plan to upload with the application.

We then put printed copies of everything with our printed form

Do we need to get actu al ink signed UK generated originals  sent over to us by UPS for placing in the application envelope. Or will prints of the emailed pdfs suffice. I am concerned as to whether actual hand prepared originals are needed or not.

As I say I truly don’t believe this is covered elsewhere.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab