Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: biometrics today  (Read 823 times)

• Liked: 97
biometrics today
« on: January 20, 2020, 01:27:15 PM »
hey everyone! i have my biometrics appointment today. it says i need to bring my documents with me. I was under the impression if you uploaded you didnt need to bring them?

What happens at the appointment as well. Having a bit of a wobble at the moment that I am forgetting something.
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

• Liked: 3597
Re: biometrics today
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 01:29:27 PM »
I would still take the documents with you, just in case something didn't upload properly and they need to scan it again :).

• Liked: 97
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 05:54:53 PM »
Just finished. I will say they are super efficient there.  Super lovely as well. Regretting not geting priority on it it, but since we got a decision in a week last time my husband was against paying!

They also have a helpful flyer there of what catagory they think the documents should be listed under in the new scanning methods. If anyone is interested let me know, i took a picture of it in case it was helpful for anyone and so I would have it for next time.

I know it seems premature as well, but speaking of next time, what are the document requirements for that in terms of post? I think i read somewhere its for the full two and a half years? Just want to make sure I am keeping what I need, even while we are waiting.

thanks again for all the help everyone. really grateful!
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 06:41:14 PM »
Glad it all went well :).

Fingers crossed you don’t have to wait too long for a decision.

Yes, for the next visa you need to cover the whole 2.5 years for the correspondence documents. It’s still only 6 documents each, so this time you will space them every 5 months instead of every 4 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Insta
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 08:47:29 PM »
We're currently in uploading hell. Having issues with the documents receipt but it might be because there is a character limit for the filenames, not sure yet. Please share this flyer because it is exactly what we need right now.

Phil & Rosa x

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 10:14:33 PM »
We're currently in uploading hell. Having issues with the documents receipt but it might be because there is a character limit for the filenames, not sure yet. Please share this flyer because it is exactly what we need right now.

Phil & Rosa x

Frazieme is applying for a completely different visa to you - they are applying for a visa extension from inside the U.K. where the biometrics are booked through the UKVCAS website and documents uploaded on that site as well.

As you are applying from the US, biometrics and document upload process for you will be different, as it’s a different application system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 108
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 08:40:48 PM »
Just finished. I will say they are super efficient there.  Super lovely as well. Regretting not geting priority on it it, but since we got a decision in a week last time my husband was against paying!

They also have a helpful flyer there of what catagory they think the documents should be listed under in the new scanning methods. If anyone is interested let me know, i took a picture of it in case it was helpful for anyone and so I would have it for next time.

I know it seems premature as well, but speaking of next time, what are the document requirements for that in terms of post? I think i read somewhere its for the full two and a half years? Just want to make sure I am keeping what I need, even while we are waiting.

thanks again for all the help everyone. really grateful!

Hiya Frazieme - we will be submitting our form and doing uploads soon so I'd be really interested to see the flyer if possible :)
Application submitted: 2nd June 2017
Biometric appointment: 9th June 2017
Documents mailed: 9th June 2017
UPS Delivery Confirmation: 12th June 2017
Email saying it's arrived in Sheffield: 13th June 2017
Decision email: 28th July 2017
Visa Delivered: 31st July 2017 - APPROVED!
Arrived in UK: 6th August 2017
FLR(M) Application Submitted: 6th March 2020
FLR(M) Biometrics Appointment: 20th March 2020
FLR(M) Super Priority - APPROVED IN 1.5 HOURS - 20th March 2020

• Liked: 248
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 03:37:14 PM »
Our biometric appointment was this morning in Liverpool, Super Priority.

Thanks to the Forum letting us know that everyone's appointment is scheduled at the same time and to get there early - we did.  Our appointment was for 11am, and we arrived at 10.10am.  We were taken straight in.

I had all our documents ready to be scanned, which is part of the Super Priority appointment.  When hubby filled out the on line form he received a check list of documents which they required from him.  I didn't realise this, or maybe I just panicked and it didn't register in my frantic mind. 

The mandatory documents were scanned, his current passport (none of his old passports) etc, and the items of mail addressed to the two of us.  The lady doing the scanning was prompted on line what to ask for next to scan.  This was specific to us.  She told us that every application is different.

I had the Land Registry, the Deeds and the Council Tax ready (we own the house outright with no mortgage) - she told me that they did not want them.  She referred me to the check list and, sure enough, they were not on the list.  There were a couple of other items of mail, such as the National Insurance number letter, and the marriage certificate for hubby and his first wife which we had taken along but were not needed or scanned.  They did want hubby's first wife's death certificate which we had brought.

It was as if it had all been stream lined and exactly geared to us.

Of course I left the appointment absolutely distraught that we had not provided enough documents and thinking that surely this can't be right.

And less than four hours later we got an approval email!!!!!

LESS THAN FOUR HOURS!

Of course our application was very simple and straight forward, which must help.

Good luck everyone!  I hope everyone's FLR(M) goes as smoothly.

And thank you to those who have helped so much on this Forum.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 04:16:07 PM »

LESS THAN FOUR HOURS!

Hurrah for a quick approval!  Congrats, Blossom and Mr. Blossom!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 31
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2020, 04:39:22 PM »

I had the Land Registry, the Deeds and the Council Tax ready (we own the house outright with no mortgage) - she told me that they did not want them.  She referred me to the check list and, sure enough, they were not on the list. 

Congratulations on your approval!

Does this mean you didn't provide any proof for your lodging?  We also own our house outright with no mortgage and I'm curious what documentation we'll need.

Thanks - and congratulations again on your approval!

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2020, 04:48:47 PM »
Our biometric appointment was this morning in Liverpool, Super Priority.

Thanks to the Forum letting us know that everyone's appointment is scheduled at the same time and to get there early - we did.  Our appointment was for 11am, and we arrived at 10.10am.  We were taken straight in.

I had all our documents ready to be scanned, which is part of the Super Priority appointment.  When hubby filled out the on line form he received a check list of documents which they required from him.  I didn't realise this, or maybe I just panicked and it didn't register in my frantic mind. 

The mandatory documents were scanned, his current passport (none of his old passports) etc, and the items of mail addressed to the two of us.  The lady doing the scanning was prompted on line what to ask for next to scan.  This was specific to us.  She told us that every application is different.

I had the Land Registry, the Deeds and the Council Tax ready (we own the house outright with no mortgage) - she told me that they did not want them.  She referred me to the check list and, sure enough, they were not on the list.  There were a couple of other items of mail, such as the National Insurance number letter, and the marriage certificate for hubby and his first wife which we had taken along but were not needed or scanned.  They did want hubby's first wife's death certificate which we had brought.

It was as if it had all been stream lined and exactly geared to us.

Of course I left the appointment absolutely distraught that we had not provided enough documents and thinking that surely this can't be right.

LESS THAN FOUR HOURS!

Of course our application was very simple and straight forward, which must help.

Good luck everyone!  I hope everyone's FLR(M) goes as smoothly.

And thank you to those who have helped so much on this Forum.

OMG, I would have been a wreck too! Thanks for letting us know about that. With that knowledge, if we were applying now, I would definitely do my own scanning to make sure they had everything I wanted them to have!

But so glad you had a quick approval. Well done and huge congratulations!!!  [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif]

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2020, 06:25:47 PM »
We didn't provide any proof of dwelling!  I had the Land Registry print out, and had the print out of the Deeds (which, apparently is all they provide you with now) and I added a couple of Council Tax statements covering the two years - and she just said she didn't want them. 

I didn't realise that they literally give you a list of documents they want - and they are the only ones they want! 

I would still take your docs in case, though.  Belt and braces sort of thing.  The lady who scanned our documents told us that the documents addressed to the two of us at that address was all they needed.  Of course, I didn't believe her. 

There are lots of documents I would have felt better about them scanning - but she was the expert and she had done this before.  She emphasised that each application is different.

If I were doing it again (thankfully that won't be for another two and a half years!) then I would still take the Land Registry and Deeds stuff.  Just in case.

Good luck with your application - when is your appointment?

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 06:45:56 PM »

Does this mean you didn't provide any proof for your lodging?  We also own our house outright with no mortgage and I'm curious what documentation we'll need.

The more we learn about the online system, the more badly designed it seems to be. Proof of accommodation is one of the key requirements, for all applicants. The fact that some are not being asked for it is a flaw in the system rather than a relaxation of the requirements.
Definitely be prepared with your proof of ownership as Blossom has already suggested.

• Liked: 31
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2020, 10:52:06 AM »

Good luck with your application - when is your appointment?

LOL - not for 2 years.  My initial visa was issued in June.  I'm trying to be diligent to be sure we have everything we need when the time comes to renew.  Of course by then the documentation or the process may change!

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2020, 11:11:20 AM »
It just makes sense to prepare from the beginning so you are doing well.  I'm looking at ILR already and we only got approval for FLR yesterday!

As you say, who knows what will have changed by then.

What I was surprised at yesterday was that the lady who was doing our appointment told me that each application is different - which is why what documents they want is different.  It was almost as if they had actually read our on line form and so were only requesting evidence they thought necessary.  Of course, that is probably a delusion.

Best to have more than you need than less.

Sponsored Links