Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The worst restaurant in London  (Read 1959 times)

• Liked: 1891
The worst restaurant in London
« on: January 20, 2020, 03:53:00 PM »

Vapianos
My 16 year old daughter can't stop talking about the place, says her friends go all the way into London to eat there.  We were out and about in London yesterday, she suggested it, we said OK to make her happy. 

God, the place is horrible.  You get a card when you go in, then you go stand in line in a giant area with cooking stations.  There's about 10 lines for food, and the lines each have about 15 people in them.  Each person gets to the front, then the cook makes your food while everyone else waits.  Needless to say, the queues are chaos with everyone trying to get served first and chavs fighting, saving places for each other or trying to cut in front of you.  The food takes about 5 minutes to cook, and tastes like it.  My risotto was filled with uncooked rice, lashings of cream and tons of cheese.   Every dish seemed like it was made to suit a 7 year old, with extra cheese on top.   You carry your food on a tray and try to find a table.

After your food is cooked, you swipe your card and pay on the way out.  Strangely, there is never any interaction with any waiters or other people that work there, and they are a miserable bunch.   £14 for a bowl of undercooked risotto that I had to bring to my own table. 

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
Re: The worst restaurant in London
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 05:09:12 PM »
That sounds wretched!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 672
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 05:24:43 PM »
Ewwwwww. Restaurant Hell!  :o

• Liked: 163
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 06:49:13 PM »
Just looked it up out of curiosity. Not to make sweeping generalizations based on national stereotypes, but the idea of combining German manufacturing and Italian fast food doesn't fill me with confidence. Or a desire to eat there.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 06:58:25 PM »
Hey camoscato!  Good to see you again.
I saw no evidence of German efficiency, unless you count the efficiency at removing money from punters' wallets. 
In fact, I was struck by what a giant mess the "chefs" were making.  There were bits of food everywhere, they would just pick up some ingredients and throw them in the general direction of the pasta.  Maybe it's like that in every commercial kitchen but it seems like a nightmare for allergies.   

Be sure to check out the Paris Hilton video and give me your verdict

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab