Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Facebook messenger as proof  (Read 219 times)

• Liked: 1
Facebook messenger as proof
« on: January 21, 2020, 07:50:48 PM »
I need advice on messages.

So me and my husband consistently used Facebook messenger between 2010 and now. Any Skype, or line (Japanese WhatsApp) messages are non existent because of all the phones and laptops I’ve gone through 😭

I’ve downloaded the archived chat log which has all of it, and although I’ve screenshottes bits of conversations it doesn’t look like the traditional Facebook messenger.

Has anyone done this and do any of you have advice or experience with this?

Thank you

• Liked: 18
Re: Facebook messenger as proof
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 01:38:24 PM »
I remember facing this issue with FB Messenger. They used to have really good search options on it that allowed you to find old chat within the Messenger that you could screenshot and show as 'good' evidence. Then they limited back search to around 2015 and you could only scroll back very slowly. In the end I used an addon with Google Chrome to export all the chat history (from day 1) but the format is very basic. What I did was use this basic format to show initial chat, and then select random chat every 4-6 months to show it was ongoing. I did take proper screenshots of FB Messenger chat, scrolling back as far as the previous year to show valid chat in a FB application. It was a pain. So I would advise trying to get a few 'valid' screenshots, scrolling back as much as possible, and show the basic format chat from intervals as far back as possible.

Sponsored Links