Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR (M) just getting started  (Read 393 times)

• Liked: 52
FLR (M) just getting started
« on: January 24, 2020, 12:39:22 PM »
Hi All....

I have a few months before I apply and I am just getting started gathering my required letters and looking over the FLRM threads for tips. Should be fine in terms of documents, as I kept an eye on here thank gawd held onto NHS letters and the like.  I do have a couple of questions, however.

1 - On my original visa application for the accommodation requirement we sent a letter from my in-laws granting us permission to live in their flat. This is still the case, so we have no tenancy agreement or the like. Should I include another similar letter with them granting us further permission to live in the flat and copies of their deed to the flat? 

2- Although we both have jobs I have seen it stated that the easiest way to do the financial requirement is the savings route if you have it. We have over what I believe is the required £62,000 in a US savings account from the sale of our home two years ago. Would this be the easiest way to go on the application and if so should we not even state our employment and its income?

3- I have seen some confusion about a question to the effect of "Have you lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?"

The wording is very weird on this question. I was born in Australia but moved to the USA a year after I was born, so although I have my Australian passport, I have no friends or family there. I hold dual passports from the USA and Australia.

So the answer would be ....Yes? Australia?? Obviously...

Thanks in advance for all the help...

NWKY

UK Spouse Visa
Married: 2001 (Both Living in the US)
Biometrics: 27 Dec 2017
Received in Sheffield: 02 Jan 2018
Decision email: 24 Jan 2018 (17 Bus. Days)
Returned mail: 28 Jan 2018 It's a YES!!!
Landed in UK: 11 Feb 2018
Granted FLR(M): 22 Oct 2020
Granted ILR:  28 Feb 2023
Citizenship Granted:  18 Jan 2024

• Liked: 1327
Re: FLR (M) just getting started
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 03:45:07 PM »
1.  Yes.  Send the land registry document showing their ownership, and a letter from them expressly giving the applicant and sponsor permission to live there.  You'll want the letter to state how many rooms (excluding kitchen and bathroom(s)) there are and who will be living in the house.

2.  The savings account is the easiest route if you have it.  You would just need to show six months of bank statements showing the applicant and/or the sponsor (but nobody else) has held the savings for a full six months.  The amount needed is £62,500.  At today's exchange rate, that is about $81,700 US.  They will use the Oanda.com closing rate from the date you submit and pay for your application, so if it's close be sure to watch the exchange rate and don't apply on a date when the value drops below the amount you need.

3.  Ask this when you get to the actual question on the application so you can tell us the exact wording.  My instinct is to agree that for you the answer is 'yes', but without seeing the question, it's hard to know exactly what they're asking.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 253
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 11:20:20 PM »
I posted about that question too in my FLR(M) checklist so the wording (since I literally just copied it from the application) is:

Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

I put "yes" and listed the US because I took the "including your country of birth" part to mean quite literally 'yes including the US'.

So I think in your circumstances, to cover all bases, it would be "yes, the USA and Australia". Then, I believe there's a text box or something where you can explain your circumstances in a bit more detail.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 52
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 08:37:15 AM »
Thanks so much guys. That's all I have questions about for now. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Cheers,

NWKH
UK Spouse Visa
Married: 2001 (Both Living in the US)
Biometrics: 27 Dec 2017
Received in Sheffield: 02 Jan 2018
Decision email: 24 Jan 2018 (17 Bus. Days)
Returned mail: 28 Jan 2018 It's a YES!!!
Landed in UK: 11 Feb 2018
Granted FLR(M): 22 Oct 2020
Granted ILR:  28 Feb 2023
Citizenship Granted:  18 Jan 2024

Sponsored Links