Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pint canning jars  (Read 3162 times)

• Liked: 676
Pint canning jars
« on: January 29, 2020, 05:11:42 PM »
I have a number of pint (490ml?) Kilner and some Ball Mason canning jars (USA). The Kilner jars are used. I have some used Ball jars, and a couple of sixpacks of unused ones.  All are standard-mouth jars and, to my knowledge, in good usable condition.

It's cheaper for me to replace them when we get to the States than to ship them.The Ball jars are going on UK's Amazon for from £16-18 for six, and the Kilner jars are £25 for 12.

If you are interested in any of them, PM me your best offer and we can make arrangements for them to be mailed to you or for you to pick them up sometime in the next several months.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Pint canning jars
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 07:35:28 PM »
Awww, it seems like no time at all since you were buying those.  :-\\\\

Is there any chance at all that you will be able to stay or is it a done deal that you'll be leaving?

• Liked: 676
Re: Pint canning jars
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 08:21:09 PM »
~sigh~  It certainly looks definite. I've got 100 flat-packed cardboard boxes stacked up in my hallway, and another 20 already filled with inventoried stuff. And a pile of stuff to send to the Heart Foundation charity shop.

It's a shame, though. We'd be leaving at the three-and-a-half year mark towards her getting "settled" status and then later, citizenship. She would be giving it up forever, pretty much, unless there was some amazing job opportunity down the line that would pay for her work permits and stuff. Or unless her Irish citizenship application was approved.  I don't see either happening, realistically.

[Edit:  I also have two pairs of "like new" black wellies here we don't need. One says size 8, one size 9. One of them still has the elastic between the two boots, so they've never been worn. I'll accept any reasonable offer, plus postage. Otherwise they'll go to the charity shop.]
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 05:28:59 AM by Nan D. »

Sponsored Links