Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) after spouse visa documents checklist  (Read 4856 times)

• Liked: 94
FLR(M) after spouse visa documents checklist
« on: February 05, 2020, 11:47:21 AM »
Hey everyone,

Hope your all well. I was having a great start to the new year with a new job and getting a new puppy! But its now come to the time to file my FLR(M) form and the stress is beginning to come back. I was hoping you all would be able to look through my checklist to make sure I have everything and just help me with a few questions I have so I can be as prepared as possible.

So just a brief overview I came to the UK in Oct. 2017 my visa expires July 2020 but depending on if visa fees go up we may try to file early but were doing standard so hopefully can gain a couple extra months to make my ILR a little less rushed. Unless visa fees dont go up then we may push it and apply end of april beginning of may we havent decided but we want to be prepared.

So my list is as follows from what I have seen:

Applicant
-My current passport (Originals or Copies?)
-My previous Passport
-My BRP card (Original or copies?)
-Cover Letter

Sponsor
-Passport (Original or Copies?)
-Cover Letter

Kids
-Birth Certificates
-British Passports
-Letter to home address within 90 days of application date (we were going to set them up with savings accounts and use the statements of those would that be ok?)

Acommodation
-Expired Tenacy Agreement
-Letter from Landlords
-Latest Council Tax Bill (Is this needed because we havent been receiving them I dont think or can we print it off online? Or can we just skip this one?)

Employment
-6 months of payslips
-6 months of bank statements with earnings
-Letter from employer stating: Role, Permanent, Length of time employed & Pay.
-Latest P60

For our mail we have:
Apr. 2018- My husband: Disclosure&Barring service (for DBS check)
Me:Department of work & Pensions (for application for NIN)
Aug. 2018 Our Bank Statement
Dec. 2018 Our Bank Statement

Feb.2019 Our Bank Statement
June. 2019 Our Water Bill
Oct. 2019 Our Bank Statement

Then I will collect any mail from this month as well.

And lastly:
-Marriage Certificate

We werent sure if we needed to send photos this time during the last 2 years? Also can the Bank Statements that fall in the 6 month before application be used as mail proof and the income proof? Also when it comes time to apply will we need to print off the application and mail it with all our documents and return postage like the first time or will it be done differently?

Thanks for your patience reading all of this just really nervous and want to get it right the first time thankfully this time we will have a cute puppy to play with to take our minds off things

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

Re: FLR(M) after spouse visa documents checklist
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 08:31:54 PM »
Also does anyone know how much it will cost for the biometrics appointment? Trying to save up money for everything
Thanks

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 08:44:33 PM »

Hope your all well. I was having a great start to the new year with a new job and getting a new puppy!

Will look at the rest of your post later but puppy! Were going to need pictures!!!  :D

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 08:45:15 PM »
Also does anyone know how much it will cost for the biometrics appointment? Trying to save up money for everything
Thanks

It depends which type of appointment you book.

There are free appointments, but you may have to wait a few weeks for an available slot.

You can also add services to a free appointment like document checking and document scanning (£45-50 each).

There are enhanced appointments for about £69 (includes document checking and scanning).

Out of hours appointments for £110

Or if you want a decision in 24 hours you can book a super priority appointment for £800!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 09:18:56 PM »
It depends which type of appointment you book.

There are free appointments, but you may have to wait a few weeks for an available slot.

You can also add services to a free appointment like document checking and document scanning (£45-50 each).

There are enhanced appointments for about £69 (includes document checking and scanning).

Out of hours appointments for £110

Or if you want a decision in 24 hours you can book a super priority appointment for £800!

Oh so is the biometrics appointment where you submit everything is it not printing the application and mailing it all off with the documents and then go to the biometrics appointment for the photo and fingerprints? Do you have to go for an interview on this application?

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 09:20:32 PM »
Will look at the rest of your post later but puppy! Were going to need pictures!!!  :D
Yea hes adorable hes a jackapoo were getting him this weekend I cant wait! Thats him in the photo

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 09:23:35 PM »
Adorable!  [smiley=smitten.gif]

Does tiny pup have a name yet?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 09:28:05 PM »
Oh so is the biometrics appointment where you submit everything is it not printing the application and mailing it all off with the documents and then go to the biometrics appointment for the photo and fingerprints? Do you have to go for an interview on this application?

The whole application process has changed in recent months.

You no longer mail anything anywhere and biometrics are done at UKVCAS centres and not the Post Office.

Instead what you do is:
- submit your online application
- book a biometrics appointment on the Sopra Steria website, where you choose any extra services you may want
- if you don’t want to pay for them to scan your documents for you, you will scan and upload all the documents yourself at home, including your passport and BRP... this must all be done before your appointment
- you attend your biometrics appointment (it’s worth taking your documents along even if you have already scanned them, just in case they need rescanning for any reason)
- you wait for the visa to be processed

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 09:38:15 PM »
Hey everyone,

So my list is as follows from what I have seen:

Applicant
-My current passport (Originals or Copies?)
-My previous Passport
-My BRP card (Original or copies?)
-Cover Letter

Sponsor
-Passport (Original or Copies?)
-Cover Letter

Kids
-Birth Certificates
-British Passports
-Letter to home address within 90 days of application date (we were going to set them up with savings accounts and use the statements of those would that be ok?)

Acommodation
-Expired Tenacy Agreement
-Letter from Landlords
-Latest Council Tax Bill (Is this needed because we havent been receiving them I dont think or can we print it off online? Or can we just skip this one?)

Employment
-6 months of payslips
-6 months of bank statements with earnings
-Letter from employer stating: Role, Permanent, Length of time employed & Pay.
-Latest P60

For our mail we have:
Apr. 2018- My husband: Disclosure&Barring service (for DBS check)
Me:Department of work & Pensions (for application for NIN)
Aug. 2018 Our Bank Statement
Dec. 2018 Our Bank Statement

Feb.2019 Our Bank Statement
June. 2019 Our Water Bill
Oct. 2019 Our Bank Statement

Then I will collect any mail from this month as well.

And lastly:
-Marriage Certificate

We werent sure if we needed to send photos this time during the last 2 years? Also can the Bank Statements that fall in the 6 month before application be used as mail proof and the income proof? Also when it comes time to apply will we need to print off the application and mail it with all our documents and return postage like the first time or will it be done differently?

Thanks for your patience reading all of this just really nervous and want to get it right the first time thankfully this time we will have a cute puppy to play with to take our minds off things

As ksand mentioned, the documents are all uploaded, so while you should have all the originals or certified copies still, the question of whether or not to send copies or originals to them doesn't come into it any more.

You only need cover letters if you have anything extra to explain.

They have been asking for council tax bills for applicants who rent.

Not sure about what's needed for the children.

When you say you haven't been receiving them. Do you mean that you have not been paying council tax or you just have not received any bills? If the former, I would provide a letter from the landlord stating that they are paying which is why you are not. If the latter, they are often only sent once a year but you should be able to get your council to re-send.

If you can, just send 7 months worth of payslips and bank statements, that way you are sure to have the same 6 month period covered by both.

Can you manage to space your mail more evenly?

You do not need photos.

You can upload the bank statements twice and use them for both things.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 09:57:14 PM »
As ksand mentioned, the documents are all uploaded, so while you should have all the originals or certified copies still, the question of whether or not to send copies or originals to them doesn't come into it any more.

You only need cover letters if you have anything extra to explain.

They have been asking for council tax bills for applicants who rent.

Not sure about what's needed for the children.

When you say you haven't been receiving them. Do you mean that you have not been paying council tax or you just have not received any bills? If the former, I would provide a letter from the landlord stating that they are paying which is why you are not. If the latter, they are often only sent once a year but you should be able to get your council to re-send.

If you can, just send 7 months worth of payslips and bank statements, that way you are sure to have the same 6 month period covered by both.

Can you manage to space your mail more evenly?

You do not need photos.

You can upload the bank statements twice and use them for both things.
Wow ok this has all changed more than I thought.

So yea we rent and pay the council tax it comes out 10 months of the year is how my husband set it up do we need to call or just go online to request a copy of it?

The mail was the tricky part for me cause for some reason some months are missing i dont know where they have gone but that was the best way I could brake it up so theres a variation of mail even though its still mostly bank statements and as even as I can get it I do have the spare pieces of mail I can throw in to spaces any gaps but I kno for 2019 march and april i dont have anythin for both of us thts why I started it in feb and continued every 4 months from there

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 10:00:29 PM »
The whole application process has changed in recent months.

You no longer mail anything anywhere and biometrics are done at UKVCAS centres and not the Post Office.

Instead what you do is:
- submit your online application
- book a biometrics appointment on the Sopra Steria website, where you choose any extra services you may want
- if you don’t want to pay for them to scan your documents for you, you will scan and upload all the documents yourself at home, including your passport and BRP... this must all be done before your appointment
- you attend your biometrics appointment (it’s worth taking your documents along even if you have already scanned them, just in case they need rescanning for any reason)
- you wait for the visa to be processed

So since its all done electronically you dont have to pay for any sort of mail right even when they send me a new BRP card (if all goes well)?

Do you think its worth adding the extra services on or is not too much of a hassel to do it yourself?

I will basically apply book the appointment n then does it take you to a bit where you upload all your documents? And we have to upload every page right of like our tenancy agreement my husbands work contract pages and in our passports etc..?

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 10:01:17 PM »
Adorable!  [smiley=smitten.gif]

Does tiny pup have a name yet?
His name is Chewy like Chewbaca from Star Wars

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 10:02:01 PM »
It's going to depend on your council. With ours, I made an online account because I thought it would make it easier to request paper bills to be sent, but I found out that as long as I had that I couldn't receive anything on paper so I had to close the account online then call them to have paper statements sent to me!

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 10:02:55 PM »
His name is Chewy like Chewbaca from Star Wars

Love it!  ;D

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2020, 10:13:13 PM »
It's going to depend on your council. With ours, I made an online account because I thought it would make it easier to request paper bills to be sent, but I found out that as long as I had that I couldn't receive anything on paper so I had to close the account online then call them to have paper statements sent to me!
Ok so will we need council tax bills for the past 3 years 2018, 2019 & 2020? Since we will be applying hopefully if fees dont go up late april

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab