Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ok, another one. Binghamton  (Read 854 times)

• Liked: 676
Ok, another one. Binghamton
« on: February 05, 2020, 04:50:51 PM »
There is a potential job afoot at Binghamton, NY.  Is anyone familiar with the area? Can you tell us about renting there? (Parts of town to avoid, etc.?)  Anything else about the area?

• Liked: 957
Re: Ok, another one. Binghamton
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 05:42:38 PM »
I have some friends from that area, but they haven't lived there for quite a while. I'd say its probably like most rust belt cities, not a lot to do for entertainment but it's not awful either, and will be affordable. Just be aware, it can get a lot of snow!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 676
Re: Ok, another one. Binghamton
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 05:48:23 PM »
Yeah, well, my entertainment now is going out for tea once a week and going out for a meal once a week. What I need is a garden. And a cat. And a good library, and internet. After that, it's all gravy. I know it snows. I spent the first decade of my life in the NY metro area and remember the snow quite well.  ;)  I rather like snow. The Daughter may not like it much, once she experiences the kind that stays on the ground for a long time, though. I don't have to go out in it if I don't want to. She will.

So I do need to know about parts of town and first-hand experience from someone who is familiar with Binghamton, NY, if there's anyone out there?

Sponsored Links