Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Just Submitted Application - So Confused  (Read 433 times)

• Liked: 1
Just Submitted Application - So Confused
« on: February 07, 2020, 01:16:36 AM »
I just submitted my application with UKVI, paid the IHS, paid the application fee, and scheduled my biometrics at an ASC through the VFS site.

When I submitted the application, I received a UKVI "Document Checklist" with a barcode at the top and my application number. It says "You must only sign this checklist when you go to your appointment."

Again, at the bottom, it says "Do not sign until you are at your appointment."

My question is....What appointment?

The VFS site specifically says that documents must be uploaded BEFORE the biometrics appointment, and they have a space to upload the "Document Checklist." So...do I sign and upload the document checklist to VFS before my biometrics? Do I take the document checklist to the ASC and sign it there? Do I mail it in?

This whole system is so convoluted and perplexing...

• Liked: 24
Re: Just Submitted Application - So Confused
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 01:33:21 PM »
They don't do anything with the checklist at the biometrics appointment. My best guess is they're referring to people who are paying $2000 to have their documents scanned in at a VFS center and holding on to their passport. I mailed everything in to the scanning hub in New York including the document checklist, but I suspect you'd be fine uploading it.
30/10/2019: Submitted online application for spouse visa
08/11/2019: Biometrics taken
09/12/2019: Passport received via UPS. Approved!
30/12/2019: Arrived in UK
04/09/2022: Submitted online application for FLR(M)
01/10/2022: Biometric Appointment

• Liked: 3595
Just Submitted Application - So Confused
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 01:49:55 PM »
Yeah, the biometrics is done by US immigration on behalf of UKVI, and they have nothing to do with your application or documents - they don’t even care what type of visa you are applying for... they are just providing a service.

They literally just check your ID, stamp your appointment sheet, take your fingerprints and photo and send you home. So, the checklist is not relevant to biometrics at all.

I would either upload the checklist with the rest of your document, or if you have trouble uploading it, just mail it to New York with your passport, biometrics sheet, first page of application, priority receipt, return packaging etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab