Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: When to apply  (Read 255 times)

• Liked: 6
When to apply
« on: February 08, 2020, 02:29:02 PM »
I am always confused about this. When should I start my online application for IRL. Is it 28 days before my BRP is due to expire?
Spouse Visa Approved: May 2016
Arrived in UK: June 2016

• Liked: 3595
Re: When to apply
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 02:47:21 PM »
I am always confused about this. When should I start my online application for IRL. Is it 28 days before my BRP is due to expire?

In terms of submitting the online application, the earliest you can submit is 28 days before you reach 5 years in the UK. I see from your previous posts that you entered on June 13th 2016, on a 33-month spousal visa.

So, that means you can submit your online application any time from 28 days before June 13th 2021 up until the expiry date of your current BRP... so you can apply from May 16th 2021 up until your BRP expires.

In terms of starting your online application, you can start it whenever you like and keep saving it until you are ready to apply... though I believe it only gets saved for a few months before it is deleted and you have to start again.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 02:52:56 PM »
Thanks! That helps a lot.

Just as a side thought, does the online application tell you how you submit all the documents you need? I have only done paper copies so far.
Spouse Visa Approved: May 2016
Arrived in UK: June 2016

• Liked: 149
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 05:34:59 PM »
I'm kind of jumping in on this thread.....jaxieangel seems like they could use (as could I....just over a month until I submit ILR....entered 15 April 2015) a simple bullet list of all the things that need to be covered. It isn't the same for everybody though. I will be covering my financial section with just savings for instance. I have yet to go through the online application, but if it is saved for a couple of months I might start it in a couple of weeks. Maybe there is already a simple bullet list on the site here somewhere.
Fred

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 05:51:18 PM »
I'm kind of jumping in on this thread.....jaxieangel seems like they could use (as could I....just over a month until I submit ILR....entered 15 April 2015) a simple bullet list of all the things that need to be covered. It isn't the same for everybody though. I will be covering my financial section with just savings for instance. I have yet to go through the online application, but if it is saved for a couple of months I might start it in a couple of weeks. Maybe there is already a simple bullet list on the site here somewhere.

It's going to be very similar to what you submitted for your FLR(M) with the addition of your life in the UK test pass.

Financial-For your savings you just need to provide a full 6 months worth of statements, originals or stamped on every page by the bank. I'd send 7 months worth to be on the safe side. You also need a declaration of the source of savings.

Accommodation- Your land registry document and a recent mortgage statement or the deeds to the property. You may be asked for a council tax bill but that seems to many be asked for if the applicant is renting. It's a good thing to use as one of your pieces of correspondence though so I'd include it anyway.

Relationship.- Marriage and any divorce certificates.
Six jointly or up to twelve individually (or a combination of the two) addressed pieces of official mail covering the last 2.5 years and from at least 3 different sources.

Then just your passports, BRP etc. No IHS payment this time!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 05:53:54 PM »
Thanks! That helps a lot.

Just as a side thought, does the online application tell you how you submit all the documents you need? I have only done paper copies so far.

Yes, it should instruct you what to do. It will also give you some sort of a list of documents to include but be aware that this list (which varies according to the answers you provide in the online application) often seems to miss out vital documents. So double check here before you submit, just to make sure you have everything you need.

Sponsored Links