Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Application - Social Groups/Cultural Ties  (Read 5302 times)

• Liked: 1
ILR Application - Social Groups/Cultural Ties
« on: February 09, 2020, 11:53:11 PM »
Hi,

Currently filling out online ILR application and I'm a bit confused on how to best answer this question properly?

"Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?"

I actually grew up in several countries, but mostly US/Canada, and I basically visit Florida every couple of years to see family/friends (and the sun!), and might visit Canada one day but has been many years.  Also life keeps me busy enough, so don't really have time to be part of the Chess Club, etc!?

So I checked "No" and for the explanation box, put ''All my social networks are now in the UK.''

Can someone really answer this question wrong?

Appreciate any tips as always on here :)

• Liked: 3595
ILR Application - Social Groups/Cultural Ties
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 02:41:48 AM »
What this question and the one about friends and family are asking is:

“If your visa was to be refused, and you had to leave the UK and return to live in one of those countries, do you have anywhere to go? Any businesses or homes you own there? Any social/support/cultural groups, or friends or family there that could help you get back on your feet/put you up? Or will your life be in danger and you will not survive if you are forced to leave the UK because you will have nowhere to go?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links