Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR - Documents and what to mail vs upload  (Read 941 times)

• Liked: 1
ILR - Documents and what to mail vs upload
« on: February 10, 2020, 01:34:51 AM »
Hi All,

Finally finished filling out online ILR application, but not ready to submit just yet.

For the following two required documents:

Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK
We have two young children, what should I submit for this?  I'm guessing their birth certificates to prove I'm their father?  And do we need to show proof that they live with us?  The don't get mail, so we would have to get a letter from the Dr's office or their school to prove their address?

Evidence of wife's settled status in the UK
She's born here in the UK, so should I send her birth certificate and/or UK passport?

Also regarding the online application wording here:
Providing your documents

You must provide your documents after you submit your application, these can be originals or copies. Any passports provided must be originals.

You will be able to upload copies of your documents on our commercial partner's website, or you can take your documents to your biometrics appointment to be scanned and uploaded by our commercial partner for a fee. You'll be told how to book an appointment and upload your documents after you submit your application.

You do not need to send any physical documents to the Home Office or UK Visas & Immigration unless you are advised to do so.

Your application may be rejected if you do not provide all mandatory documents. If your application is rejected due to documents not being provided, it will not be considered and an administration fee for each person included in the application will be deducted from your refund.
I know it says we'll be told how to book an appointment and how to upload your documents, after submitting... but I'm a bit confused here, are they saying no need to even mail passports but when scanning/uploading, as long as we're scanning the original passports and not photocopies of the passports?

Or will we need to mail in passports or anything that is required to be originals, and the uploading/scanning option is only available for documents that can be copies?

Again, I really hope that after submission that they will be very clear on what needs to be mailed vs scanned/uploaded, as this would be a very costly and time consuming mistake..

I have to say though, so far I'm impressed with the online application and how it outlines what documents you need to prove what category.

As always, very much appreciate any advice on this, thanks!

• Liked: 3595
Re: ILR - Documents and what to mail vs upload
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 02:36:59 AM »
For the following two required documents:
 We have two young children, what should I submit for this?  I'm guessing their birth certificates to prove I'm their father?  And do we need to show proof that they live with us?  The don't get mail, so we would have to get a letter from the Dr's office or their school to prove their address?
 She's born here in the UK, so should I send her birth certificate and/or UK passport?

You must submit ALL of the following:
- both childrens’ passports
- both childrens’ birth certificates
- letters showing both childrens’ address, dated in the last 90 days, i.e. from their GP, nursery or school

Also regarding the online application wording here:I know it says we'll be told how to book an appointment and how to upload your documents, after submitting... but I'm a bit confused here, are they saying no need to even mail passports but when scanning/uploading, as long as we're scanning the original passports and not photocopies of the passports?

Or will we need to mail in passports or anything that is required to be originals, and the uploading/scanning option is only available for documents that can be copies?

You do not mail anything at all, not even your passport. Everything is uploaded online now.

You either upload every single document at home before you attend your appointment, or when you book your appointment you pay for the service where they will upload everything for you at the appointment.

If you do upload yourself, it’s worth taking all the documents with you to the appointment anyway, just in case something got missed or not scanned properly and they need to scan it again.

Again, I really hope that after submission that they will be very clear on what needs to be mailed vs scanned/uploaded, as this would be a very costly and time consuming mistake..

As mentioned, you do not mail anything anymore. It is all uploaded now and there is no address to actually mail anything to.

I have to say though, so far I'm impressed with the online application and how it outlines what documents you need to prove what category.

You’re the first person I’ve seen say that! Most people find the online application vague, confusing, and frustrating.

Be careful with the online application because if often DOES NOT give you a complete list of every document needed and sometimes leaves out the most important documents (the document list it provides is based on your answers and is not always right) - for example it may tell you do send things you don’t need to send and may not tell you to send the things you DO need to send.

So, before you submit the online application, I would list every document you are sending here on the forum so we can check if anything is missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 12:14:15 PM »
Hi Ksand24,

Regarding your statement:
You either upload every single document at home before you attend your appointment, ...

The ILR online application has the following steps:
1. Start 
2. Application 
3. Finance 
4. Documents
5. Declaration 
6. Pay 
7. Further actions

Will I be able to start uploading documents after step 6 (Paying)?  I'm guessing the scanning and uploading would fall under step 7 (Further actions)  Just want to know exactly, before paying and starting the application officially!

Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 12:46:44 PM »
Will I be able to start uploading documents after step 6 (Paying)?  I'm guessing the scanning and uploading would fall under step 7 (Further actions)  Just want to know exactly, before paying and starting the application officially!

The documents are uploaded on a completely separate website after you have completed all the steps above AND after you have booked your biometrics appointment.

So, you do everything you listed above, then after you have submitted and paid for the visa and you have finished all the steps, you then go to the Sopra Steria website to book your biometrics appointment.

The type of appointment you book and services you choose will determine whether you scan your documents at home, or if you get all the documents scanned at the appointment.

If you choose to scan at home, you have until your biometrics appointment to upload everything.

See:
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support/ourinfo/prepareDocuments

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 03:56:53 PM »
Thanks ksand24,

Do you know if the super priority service is worth it?  I would hate to pay an extra 800 gbp if it isn't worth it!?

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 04:46:52 PM »
Thanks ksand24,

Do you know if the super priority service is worth it?  I would hate to pay an extra 800 gbp if it isn't worth it!?

For ILR, I'd say, yes, it's worth it. It means getting a decision within 24 hours vs. waiting up to 6 months for a decision.

If you were applying for FLR(M) I probably would say don't bother, because FLR(M) applications are processed within 8 weeks, and recently a couple have been issued within a couple of weeks.

But, ILR can take several months, so unless you're happy to potentially wait until September to get your visa, I would go for the Super Priority.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 11:07:41 PM »
For ILR, I'd say, yes, it's worth it. It means getting a decision within 24 hours vs. waiting up to 6 months for a decision.

If you were applying for FLR(M) I probably would say don't bother, because FLR(M) applications are processed within 8 weeks, and recently a couple have been issued within a couple of weeks.

But, ILR can take several months, so unless you're happy to potentially wait until September to get your visa, I would go for the Super Priority.

My FLR took 45 days on the dot. That was 15 Nov to 30 Dec. ☺️
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 12:19:39 AM »
Thanks lyonaria,

Yeah I think for my last FLR(M) is was about the same time, but for ILR I think as ksand24 suggested it can easily take up to 6 months and we would just rather do the super priority because of the longer waits for ILR vs FLR(M) applications... We're finally ready to submit this week but hoping to get someone on here to verify that all our documents are in order... (see above...  :) ) ksand24 has been very helpful over the years, and if it wasn't for her, my first visa would have been refused probably!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 12:22:19 AM by ukbound78 »

• Liked: 57
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 11:49:08 AM »

I paid super priority and had my appointment Monday at 11:30am and got my reply yesterday at 15:15. The 28 hours I waited were sooooo loooooong, even though I didn't really think I would hear until closer to 5p. If you can afford it, do it. I was lucky and my job covered the £800 extra as I travel for work (not right now though, thanks Coronavirus, haha - bet they're regretting paying for it right now!). It is such a relief to be over and done with it.
Met at Disneyland Paris: spring 1995
Dated long distance: off & on 2008-2014
Our twin boys were born: Sep 2009
Engaged: Oct 10 2014
Married: December 5 2014
Online Application & paid PRIORITY Submitted: Dec 22 2014
Visa Received: Jan 14 2015
Arrived in the UK: Feb 28 2015
FLR(M) application mailed: Sep 12 2017
FLR(M) approved: Oct 27
SET(M) application submitted: Feb 4 2020 (super priority)
SET(M) appointment: Mar 9
SET(M) approved: Mar 10
Naturalisation app submitted: Jun 19
No biometrics needed email: July 23

Sponsored Links