Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question Tier 2 ICT Visa  (Read 242 times)

• Liked: 2
Question Tier 2 ICT Visa
« on: February 11, 2020, 06:50:17 AM »
Hello All!

Happy New Year!

Well I’ve been in the UK now for 10 months on a 3 year work visa. 

We recently found out we are expecting.  I am planning if everything goes well to take some maternity leave but not a whole year, as my husband is already a full time dad to our 6 year old daughter. 

What are my rights?  I am planning to take 3-4 months leave. 

Thank you for the guidance.  I am a bit stressed at the moment, as this pregnancy while a blessing wasn’t planned. 

« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 06:52:27 AM by Dlilah »
Met UK Hubby : August 2011
Married : July 2017

• Liked: 4985
Re: Question Tier 2 ICT Visa
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 09:31:13 AM »
Congratulations!

You are well protected while pregnant and on maternity leave in the UK.  You can take up to a year off, without risking your job or your visa.

Have a look at  your employment contract (the one for your role in the UK) to see what they offer regarding paid leave.  You should qualify for statuatory maternity pay at a minimum but it's likely you'll have enhanced maternity pay.  My job paid me my full salary for 6 months and then 50% for months 6-12.  So I took the full year with my kids.  ;D  Fingers crossed you'll have something similar. 

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 10:41:17 AM »
Congratulations!

You are well protected while pregnant and on maternity leave in the UK.  You can take up to a year off, without risking your job or your visa.

Have a look at  your employment contract (the one for your role in the UK) to see what they offer regarding paid leave.  You should qualify for statuatory maternity pay at a minimum but it's likely you'll have enhanced maternity pay.  My job paid me my full salary for 6 months and then 50% for months 6-12.  So I took the full year with my kids.  ;D  Fingers crossed you'll have something similar.

Thank you KFdancer.  I will ask my employer once I pass the make mark where I have to tell them.  I will look at my contract and see what is my rights?

Thank you again!  This put my mind at ease

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 01:39:12 PM »
Thank you KFdancer.  I will ask my employer once I pass the make mark where I have to tell them.  I will look at my contract and see what is my rights?

Thank you again!  This put my mind at ease

If you have a company intranet you’ll probably find the policy there. At a minimum you’ll qualify for statuatory maternity pay. It’s not a public fund. 

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 06:00:00 PM »
Thank you very much for the feedback!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab