Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Payslips & Bank Statements - Dates and Amounts (ILR)  (Read 3905 times)

• Liked: 2
Payslips & Bank Statements - Dates and Amounts (ILR)
« on: February 12, 2020, 12:47:13 PM »
Hello, quick question about payslips and matching to my bank statements.  My payslips, paid monthly in arrears, are always dated for the last day of the month, but the pay does not always get deposited in my account on the exact date listed on my payslip.  It's normally the last working day of the month, wile the payslip always states 31st, 30th, etc.  Most glaringly though, my December pay was deposited on 20th December while the payslip states 31st Dec due to company closure over the holidays.

Secondly, I make well over the minimum required income amount, and my payslips all have the same amount at the top for base pay, but some months I have small amount taken out of my pay.  For example, in December I used the company account to pay for LHR return transportation and they just took the £200 from my paycheck.  My base pay is still listed and I'm still vastly over the minimum required amount, but does anyone think this causes any issue?  Noting that I also am more commonly paid more than my base because I have expenses reimbursed, normally mileage expenses. 

Lastly, I notice that everyone keeps saying payslips need to be for the entire 6 months and not a day less.  ??  I am only paid once per month on the last day of the month.  I submitted my application on 2nd Feb and I'm doing my biometrics on Monday, 17th Feb.  I am not able and will not ever be able to get any other pay slip to include either 1st and 2nd Feb or up to 17th Feb.  I'm not sure what this wording means.   

Thank you for your help!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 12:54:12 PM by Texgirl »
Online application completed: Oct 27 2014
Biometrics completed: Nov 3 2014
Application packet sent: Nov 5 2014
Documents delivered by UPS: Nov 7 2014
Email confirmation from Sheffield: Nov 10 2014
Decision email received:  Nov 20 2014
Visa arrived: Nov 22
Moved to England: 11 Dec 2014
FLR-M Application Sent:  13 June 2017
Decision Made: 27 July 2017
Biometric Residence Card Received: 28 July 2017
Decision Letter and Documents Returned:  29 July 2017
ILR Decision Email:  ILR Granted 18 February 2020

• Liked: 3595
Re: Payslips & Bank Statements - Dates and Amounts (ILR)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 01:00:46 PM »
If some of your payslips are deposited into your bank account on a different date to the payslip date, then your employer letter needs to acknowledge this and explain the reason for the discrepancy. This is pretty common, so they will be used to there being discrepancies, however it MUST be explained, or the visa can be refused.

In regards to your payslips, only the base pay, before tax or any other deductions will be considered. So, no, it won't cause any issues - they will only look at the base pay.

Yes, it's a requirement that the payslips must cover 6 full months and not a day less (which was the same for all your other applications too).

The only date that matters for the payslips and bank statements is the date you submitted your online application: Feb 2nd. Your latest payslip and bank statement, plus your employer letter must be dated no more than 28 days BEFORE February 2nd.

So, I assume your latest payslip will be dated January 31st. Therefore you will need to submit that payslip, plus a bank statement that shows the money being paid into your bank account on January 31st. If your latest issued bank statement does not show this deposit, you can just go into your local bank branch and ask them to print off a partial statement.

Then for the 6 months of payslips and bank statements you count back 6 months from the date of your last payslip and your first payslip must cover that date.

So, if your last payslip is dated January 31st, your 6 months are:
July 31st to January 31st

Therefore you will need to provide the following payslips and bank statements:

1. 1st-31st July
2. 1st-31st August
3. 1st-30th September
4. 1st-31st October
5. 1st-30th November
6. 1st-31st December
7. 1st-31st January
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 01:03:36 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 01:13:52 PM »
Thank you, Ksand24.  I have already had my employer write a letter confirming that my electronic payslips and P60 are genuine and the only thing we receive.  Do you think it is ok to reference the pay deposit dates within the same letter, or do I need to have a separate letter?

I'm not arguing with you, just trying to make sense of this in my brain.  I am paid in arrears, so my 31st January payslip covers the entire month of January.  If I count back, all of January, all of December, all of November, all of October, all of September and all of August...that seems like 6 months to me.  Why would I need July?  Am I misunderstanding?

Thanks for your help!

• Liked: 57
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 01:17:05 PM »
I'm so glad you posted this! All of my payslips are dated the 31st/30th of the month too, but we always get paid on the 28th or earlier if it falls on a weekend. I'll flag up a letter with my Payroll manager right away.

Good luck with your app.
Met 2003
Married 2008
Spousal visa 2008-2010
USA 2010-2017
Moved to the UK July 2017
FLR(M) approved June 2020

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 01:21:29 PM »
Thank you, Ksand24.  I have already had my employer write a letter confirming that my electronic payslips and P60 are genuine and the only thing we receive.  Do you think it is ok to reference the pay deposit dates within the same letter, or do I need to have a separate letter?

I'm not arguing with you, just trying to make sense of this in my brain.  I am paid in arrears, so my 31st January payslip covers the entire month of January.  If I count back, all of January, all of December, all of November, all of October, all of September and all of August...that seems like 6 months to me.  Why would I need July?  Am I misunderstanding?

Thanks for your help!

If the payslip explicitly says on it "August 1 to August 31", or some format of that to show the start and end of the pay period, then you can rely on Home Office accepting six monthly payslips that show six FULL months.

However, if the payslips only show a pay date (presumably at the end of the pay period), they will count backwards six months from the last date... Six months backward from January 31 is August 1st (July 31st?).  If your first payslip only shows August 31st, you've missed out most of August.  But by including the July 31st payslip, you show pay dating back six FULL months.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 01:24:49 PM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 01:36:14 PM »
If the payslip explicitly says on it "August 1 to August 31", or some format of that to show the start and end of the pay period, then you can rely on Home Office accepting six monthly payslips that show six FULL months.

However, if the payslips only show a pay date (presumably at the end of the pay period), they will count backwards six months from the last date... Six months backward from January 31 is August 1st (July 31st?).  If your first payslip only shows August 31st, you've missed out most of August.  But by including the July 31st payslip, you show pay dating back six FULL months.

Exactly.

If the August payslip only explicitly states the date of August 31st on it, then they will count the first day of your 6 months as August 31st. Therefore the 6 months will be August 31st to February 29th

But you already applied on February 2nd, which means that by only including the August payslip and bank statement, you will only have provided 5 months of evidence (August 31st to Jan 31st) and the visa will be refused.

And is it really worth risking a refusal and losing almost £2,500 because you didn't include 1 extra payslip and bank statement for July?

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 01:52:47 PM »
I have another question about bank statements and dates, etc.  My NatWest account is a joint account in my name and my husband's.  We do not receive statements in the post, so we printed the PDF from online which has both of our names, address, account number and took them to the bank and each page was stamped by the branch manager.  However, statements run from 24th to 23rd of each month.  Therefore, we were unable to print the statement that includes my 31st January pay deposit, as it's not ready.  The branch printed the transaction statement up through today that includes my last pay deposit, 31st January and they stamped it.  However, I noticed that the piece printed in branch only lists my name at the top...our other statements are labelled as Mr D A James and Mrs C A James but the one printed in branch has my first name spelled out and doesn't list my husband.  It does however, list the account number, which is the same as on all of the other statements.  Any thoughts on this?  Do I need to do anything?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 02:06:58 PM by Texgirl »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 02:22:22 PM »
I have another question about bank statements and dates, etc.  My NatWest account is a joint account in my name and my husband's.  We do not receive statements in the post, so we printed the PDF from online which has both of our names, address, account number and took them to the bank and each page was stamped by the branch manager.  However, statements run from 24th to 23rd of each month.  Therefore, we were unable to print the statement that includes my 31st January pay deposit, as it's not ready.  The branch printed the transaction statement up through today that includes my last pay deposit, 31st January and they stamped it.  However, I noticed that the piece printed in branch only lists my name at the top...our other statements are labelled as Mr D A James and Mrs C A James but the one printed in branch has my first name spelled out and doesn't list my husband.  It does however, list the account number, which is the same as on all of the other statements.  Any thoughts on this?  Do I need to do anything?

That's not a problem. Just make sure they cover the same full 6 month period as the payslips you are relying on.

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 09:28:44 AM »
So I had my company write a letter explaining that even though our payslips may say the last day of the month, they are generally deposited into my bank account on the last working day of the month.  It also specifically noted that the December 2019 pay was paid on 20th of the month as the business closes over the holiday period.  I've just noticed on my bank statements that the 24 December to 23 January bank statement actually doesn't have any of my work deposits on it at all, as I had two deposits on the previous months bank statement.  I hope that they are human thinking enough to realise that the pay was on the previous months bank statement, especially coupled with the letter.  Does anyone think I need to write an additional letter explaining why there is no pay deposit on that month's bank statement?

Also, the bank statements are printed PDFs from online and my husband took them to the branch to be stamped.  Some of the stamps are extremely poor quality visually, but you can clearly tell that they are all the same thing.  Does anyone think this will be an issue?  The bank statements are full info exact statements, so I'm not even sure if the stamp is a requirement any longer. 

Thanks everyone!

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 09:50:14 AM »
So I had my company write a letter explaining that even though our payslips may say the last day of the month, they are generally deposited into my bank account on the last working day of the month.  It also specifically noted that the December 2019 pay was paid on 20th of the month as the business closes over the holiday period.  I've just noticed on my bank statements that the 24 December to 23 January bank statement actually doesn't have any of my work deposits on it at all, as I had two deposits on the previous months bank statement.  I hope that they are human thinking enough to realise that the pay was on the previous months bank statement, especially coupled with the letter.  Does anyone think I need to write an additional letter explaining why there is no pay deposit on that month's bank statement?

What they will do is check the dates on the letter and then check the bank statement to make sure that the pay deposit happened on that date.

So since the deposit was on the 20th they will look for it on the bank statement that covers the 20th.

They won’t expect to see any deposits on the bank statement dated Dec 24-Jan 23, because you weren’t paid on any of those dates.

Also, the bank statements are printed PDFs from online and my husband took them to the branch to be stamped.  Some of the stamps are extremely poor quality visually, but you can clearly tell that they are all the same thing.  Does anyone think this will be an issue? 

It won’t be an issue.

The bank statements are full info exact statements, so I'm not even sure if the stamp is a requirement any longer. 

If the statements are printed at home from online banking, it is definitely still a requirement to get them stamped. This is explicitly stated in the official guidance in Appendix FM-SE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab