Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Snub nosed dogs  (Read 4295 times)

• British Citizen, American Fiance
  • Liked: 0
Snub nosed dogs
« on: February 16, 2020, 06:22:03 PM »
My FH has a Shih Tzu who he wants to bring with him to the UK. But I've read that they can refuse snub nosed dogs on flights, as they are more likely to die in the cargo hold. Does anyone have any experience of this please, who can advise or reassure us?
Met June 2018
Got engaged March 2019

• Liked: 4991
Re: Snub nosed dogs
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 10:31:25 PM »
I used Air Animal to transport my cats (caveat, it was 10 years ago), but I would recommend contacting them and seeing what advice they have.

• Liked: 686
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 09:56:35 PM »
Hi. I've been visiting airline websites looking for info on shipping a different species, but noticed a lot of warnings that airlines that take dogs would not take "snub-nosed" dogs during certain months of the year (the warmer ones). Some won't take pets if the temperature at any airport the pet would visit is above or below a certain temperature. It does seem to vary between carriers.

People do ship their dogs successfully, so, as above, you might want to check with a professional shipper to see what advice they can give you as to timing and best airline, etc.

Good luck!

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 10:19:35 PM »
I am hoping that is the best case scenario. It shouldn't be an issue to transport him in reasonable weather. It's not very likely that we'd want to fly in the summer anyway, as I don't cope well with the heat. I think he'll likely fly back with me when I return to England from a visit. The dog in question is very fussy with people, which makes it hard for FH to visit me. So I reckon if the dog moves first, that will make things easier. Fortunately, his dog seems to like me. But he doesn't like FH's parents, so I feel very honoured.  ;)
Met June 2018
Got engaged March 2019

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 09:44:37 PM »
I am curious if you were able to find a carrier to transport a Shih-Tzu breed dog?

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 10:38:40 PM »
I am curious if you were able to find a carrier to transport a Shih-Tzu breed dog?

We haven't approached any so far, as we're a while away from having to do it. We have a long timeline until we get there, but I like to gather information well in advance. Sorry to not be of any help to you.
Met June 2018
Got engaged March 2019

• Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 08:13:26 PM »
Just in case anyone is searching in the future...

We used petrelocation.com to move our 2 pups. One a snub-nosed breed (boxer cross, we also worried she might be mistaken for a dangerous dog breed [smiley=sa3.gif]) They were absolutely fantastic in answering all our questions, keeping us informed, and generally being lovely, professional people! Be aware that there are very few airlines that will fly snub-nosed breeds. Only two were operating when we flew our pups October 2020, petrelocation said this may go down to one, may have done so by now. Good luck to anyone moving their furry friends, I know how worrying and stressful it is!

Sponsored Links