Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Employer's letter problems  (Read 1016 times)

• Liked: 24
Re: Employer's letter problems
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 11:40:10 PM »
I can't have them say my expected salary is 23,000 as I don't work full-time. My contracted hours are 20 hours per week however for the past six months there's been lots of overtime which I've been doing, meaning my pay slips are 1,550 for each of the last six months.

My question was would it be a problem if, due to HR policy, I submit two employer's letters... the first letter will say my position grade, permanent, part-time BUT when it mentions my salary, it's against policy for them to say my part-time salary so it will basically say "X is part-time contracted 20 hours per week and the full-time salary equivalent is 23,000 per year". Then, if I want them to actually specify my part-time salary is 14,000 I have to submit some access form which means they'll basically say "X is part-time contracted to 20 hours per week and his part-time salary is 14,000"

I just will end up with two letters.

I mean, I basically have to say this otherwise I could also get refused for lying. Yes I am contracted earning 14,000 a year but over the last six months I've been doing overtime and I've earned about 11,000 in total from Sep 19 to Feb 20.

I have been increasing my hours at the company but I can't just change my contract lol.

Sorry. I didn't realize the £14,000 would show up on payslips. I think you should listen to what the others have said and either get a second job or get your employer to state in writing the amount of overtime you earned and that you will continue to earn it every year for the forseeable future.

My husband and I experienced a similar frustration a little over 2 years ago. His salary was £18,200, but he frequently worked overtime. The HR department kept writing a letter stating his salary but not mentioning the overtime. Then we found out the place he worked at was closing down, so we gave up until he found the job he has now. They were much more helpful with the letter than his previous company. I am hoping you can get this resolved soon!
30/10/2019: Submitted online application for spouse visa
08/11/2019: Biometrics taken
09/12/2019: Passport received via UPS. Approved!
30/12/2019: Arrived in UK
04/09/2022: Submitted online application for FLR(M)
01/10/2022: Biometric Appointment

• Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2020, 10:22:35 PM »
An update for all.

The spouse visa was granted.

Overtime was used. Employer's letter did not confirm overtime will continue, only that it is expected to continue for the foreseeable future. We applied in March and then the overtime stopped a few days after we applied due to COVID.

Thanks all for your help!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2020, 10:35:45 PM »
Congratulations!

Sponsored Links