Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Spouse Visa - Finances  (Read 324 times)

• Liked: 0
UK Spouse Visa - Finances
« on: February 20, 2020, 10:52:23 PM »
Hey all,

So my fiance's boss will be converting her employment from an independent contractor next month to an employee of the company. It will allow us to begin this process of the visa after 6 months rather than wait until the next tax year if self-employed.

My question is this: what exactly do we need for the financial requirement? And is there anything her boss needs to know?

Aside from payslips, and making sure her salaried employment is paid into one account, with records of that every month stamped by the bank, am I missing anything else? Obviously that x6 before the application of course.

Thanks,

Billy

• Liked: 1327
Re: UK Spouse Visa - Finances
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 09:05:08 AM »
For the financial requirement, Category A, your sponsor will need:

* Six FULL months of payslips (this may mean seven payslips to cover the six full months)
* Six FULL months of bank statements covering the same span of time as the payslips and showing the salary/wage paying in
* A letter from the employer confirming the employment, title, salary, when that began, and whether it's permanent or temporary, etc.
* Optional but recommended: the employment contract
* Optional but recommended: the latest P60 if available (though in your sponsor's case, this might not be helpful, and it's not a required document)

Note: The most recent payslip, the most recent bank statement, and the employer letter must all be dated no more than 28 days before the date you apply.  So don't get that letter yet.  :)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 10:31:45 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply!

Another question if I may; would it be better for us to submit the application within the UK, or within the US?

Thanks!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 10:57:54 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply!

Another question if I may; would it be better for us to submit the application within the UK, or within the US?

Thanks!

Unless you are already living in the UK (on a work visa for example), you MUST apply from a country in whic you have legal residence (the USA).

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 11:07:05 PM »
That clarifies that, appreciate it!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab