Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M)2 Application Process  (Read 346 times)

• Liked: 14
FLR(M)2 Application Process
« on: February 21, 2020, 10:22:48 PM »
Hi there,

My husband and I applied for and obtained my first FLR(M) in early November 2017. We'll have to apply for my FLR(M) 2 between April 5th
and May 3rd. I believe we have all of the documents required for our application, or at least we will by the time we need to apply. We have our personal, relationship, accommodation, and financial details sorted.

For our fiancee visa and first FLR(M), we were assisted in our application process by a solicitor, and also paid for the priority services. Unfortunately, we won't be able to afford a solicitor this time around, and will have to depend on whatever resources and advice we're able to find online. We won't be able to afford priority service, either.

So, how do we go about applying ourselves? How has the process changed over the last 2.5 years? Is the application process fully online now? Does anything still need to be posted in to the Home Office/UKVI, or can all documents, including passports, etc., now be scanned and uploaded directly to the powers that be? If the application and supporting documents must  still be posted, is there a special process/service for this? How and when do you schedule a biometrics appointment? Do things frequently go wrong during the process?

I apologise at the level of seeming stupidity contained in these questions, but it's been a while since our last application, and as discussed above we had assistance during our previous application processes. Any info/help/guidance would be much appreciated!

Thank you so much xxx

• Liked: 6110
Re: FLR(M)2 Application Process
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 06:28:59 AM »
Hi there,

My husband and I applied for and obtained my first FLR(M) in early November 2017. We'll have to apply for my FLR(M) 2 between April 5th
and May 3rd. I believe we have all of the documents required for our application, or at least we will by the time we need to apply. We have our personal, relationship, accommodation, and financial details sorted.

For our fiancee visa and first FLR(M), we were assisted in our application process by a solicitor, and also paid for the priority services. Unfortunately, we won't be able to afford a solicitor this time around, and will have to depend on whatever resources and advice we're able to find online. We won't be able to afford priority service, either.

So, how do we go about applying ourselves? How has the process changed over the last 2.5 years? Is the application process fully online now? Does anything still need to be posted in to the Home Office/UKVI, or can all documents, including passports, etc., now be scanned and uploaded directly to the powers that be? If the application and supporting documents must  still be posted, is there a special process/service for this? How and when do you schedule a biometrics appointment? Do things frequently go wrong during the process?

I apologise at the level of seeming stupidity contained in these questions, but it's been a while since our last application, and as discussed above we had assistance during our previous application processes. Any info/help/guidance would be much appreciated!

Thank you so much xxx

Yes, the application is all online now. You can either scan yourself or for an extra fee, have them scan for you at your Sopra Steria appointment. That's also where your biometrics will be submitted.
You don't post anything anymore.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 03:08:06 PM »
Thank you for the info. Are the scanning/uploading tool, the ancillary payments, and the biometrics appointment scheduling all directly linked to the online application form, and where is the starting point?

Also, as I mentioned during my initial application process, I have a single expunged petty misdemeanour from September 2010. I provided
evidence of the initial charge/conviction and the subsequent expungement when I applied for both my fiancee visa and my initial FLR(M). I have had no charges, convictions, or police encounters aside from or since this incident. May I just re-submit the same evidence? I assume my clear record in the UK will be visible to the authorities during any checks they run when I apply.

Also, what is the current timeline for in-UK standard processing?

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 03:10:35 PM by Jacqueline Hyde »

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 06:12:33 PM »
Thank you for the info. Are the scanning/uploading tool, the ancillary payments, and the biometrics appointment scheduling all directly linked to the online application form, and where is the starting point?

Also, as I mentioned during my initial application process, I have a single expunged petty misdemeanour from September 2010. I provided
evidence of the initial charge/conviction and the subsequent expungement when I applied for both my fiancee visa and my initial FLR(M). I have had no charges, convictions, or police encounters aside from or since this incident. May I just re-submit the same evidence? I assume my clear record in the UK will be visible to the authorities during any checks they run when I apply.

Also, what is the current timeline for in-UK standard processing?

Thanks again!

Yes, it's all linked up. Start here and pick the in the uk link. https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

You can use the same evidence, yes.

It's been pretty quick recently, less than 6 weeks.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 10:50:58 PM »
Thank you. One last question: Where/if the application asks me if I already have a Home Office ID, should I list my number or whatever from my previous visa application, say no, or do something else?

I'm only asking because I read that one applicant listed the Home Office ID number from her first spouse via, and it ended up interfering with their ability to pay the Health Surcharge.

Thanks!

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 10:55:44 PM »
Thank you. One last question: Where/if the application asks me if I already have a Home Office ID, should I list my number or whatever from my previous visa application, say no, or do something else?

I'm only asking because I read that one applicant listed the Home Office ID number from her first spouse via, and it ended up interfering with their ability to pay the Health Surcharge.

Thanks!

Yes, I would just leave that field blank.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab