Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: A Good Sinus Medication  (Read 1606 times)

A Good Sinus Medication
« on: January 04, 2005, 06:57:01 PM »
I have nearly chronic sinusitis - I've had 3 infections just this year alone.  As a result I've tried just about every prescription and non-prescription drug for sinusitis on the market.  Nearly all of them make me drowsy, including the 'non-drowsy' types.  On a lark, I picked up a packet of LemSip Sinus Max gelcaps. 

Wow!!  This product contains caffeine, which counteracts the overwhelming fatigue and weakness that goes with sinusitis.  It also has phenylephrine as a decongestant.  It worked a real treat on me. 

I'm cautiously optimistic, most products become ineffective for me after a while, but this one will be a staple in our medicine box.

• Liked: 0
Re: A Good Sinus Medication
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 05:34:20 PM »
Thanks for the tip, I have had a sinus problems since September. And you are right, the non-drowsy formulas of most things are turning out to do nothing for me. I will give this a try.  :D
Never hold Farts in. They travel up your spine and to your brain. This is where sh*tty Ideas come from.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 06:38:35 PM »
Hi,

As a fellow sinusitis sufferer (I'd like to hear Sylvester the Cat say that 3 times!) I've found that Dristan Cold & Sinus (red caplets) to be miraculous. I suffered for many years before these came on the market,  but they clear the problem up in minutes.  Do you know if these are available in the UK?

thanks
Litirte

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 03:07:05 PM »
Great tip, expat. I'll definitely give those a go - I have chronic sinus issues too and I actually import Sudafed Sinus Headache meds. But I'll try Lemsip now!

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 03:24:01 PM »
Hi,

As a fellow sinusitis sufferer (I'd like to hear Sylvester the Cat say that 3 times!) I've found that Dristan Cold & Sinus (red caplets) to be miraculous. I suffered for many years before these came on the market,  but they clear the problem up in minutes.  Do you know if these are available in the UK?

thanks
Litirte

Hi, hate to say it, but I haven't run across any dristan products over here.  I could be wrong though.  My best advice is to stock up before you come and arrange for emergency care packages from the states when the need arrises.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 08:52:43 PM »
Hi,

thanks
Litirte

Nope, no Dristan here  :(

• Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 01:12:26 PM »
We've been using the Lemsip Sinus tabs!!  REALLY GREAT STUFF!!  I won't leave the house without my Nasocourt -- so having this stuff TOO -- really helps alot! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

• Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 01:33:26 PM »
My husband also suffers from chrionic sinusitis, the doctor prescribed a nose spray for him called Beconase.  You can get it over the counter and can be a bit dear, but it is the one thing that he has found that really works (Savers £3.35 vs. Boots £5.99).  He uses it once or twice a day depending on his condition and then uses Boots cheepo nose spray (.99p) when he is feeling bad through out the day. 

Just a word of warning.  Nose sprays are addictive and I would really recommend seeing a Doctor before using them on a permanant basis.  My husband's condition is genitic and his dad has been using them for years without any major side effects, so I don't worry too much.
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

Sponsored Links