Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Travelling on second passport  (Read 1339 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Travelling on second passport
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2020, 01:46:52 PM »
Quote from: Newly Visa'ed! on March 20, 2020, 01:43:21 PM
I must have been confused by some other document; I meant “visitor visa, or equivalent visa-fee authorisation” and “the FM Partner visa” respectively

Well, when you were in France, you would have been on a "C" visitor visa, because France is part of the Schengen area.

The UK however, is not part of the Schengen Area, so when you arrived in the UK, you would have been issued with a "UK visitor visa" instead.

I don't know what a "D" visa is... never heard of it before. Your fiance visa is a "Settlement Visa".

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2020, 04:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Newly Visa'ed! on March 20, 2020, 01:36:29 PM
I think your link refers to the FLR(M) process receiving exiting the UK during the application review, not the initial leave to enter partner visa process and entering the UK. I’d imagine that’s why I have an email from UKVI directly stating that it’s fine to enter the UK on my second passport?

Can you post the letter?  As having the hard copy available as a digital download could be very helpful for others?  Black out your name and details of course. 

Yes, the link I provided was for FLR(M), however, the UKVI documentation states in ALL application types that you can only have ONE valid visa for the UK at a given time.  An application after a previous application will over ride the original.  So your visitor visa stamp supercedes your settlement visa, as you applied for the visitor visa AFTER your settlement visa, invalidating your settlement visa.

Like I said, you may not run into any trouble.  But I stand behind NOT recommending other people have that hanging over their head.  Most of us didn't want to do ANYTHING to jeopardise our visa status.

I have a colleague who's husband just received his Indefinite Leave to Remain.  She WOULD NOT believe me for the last few years that her husband COULD use the NHS.  She did NOT want to jeopardise anything.  Even though it was 100% legit. 

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2020, 07:08:52 AM »
Can you post the letter?  As having the hard copy available as a digital download could be very helpful for others?  Black out your name and details of course. 

I agree. And it's very much going to be dependant on where exactly the information came from. If just from the email service then it can't be treated as reliable.

• Liked: 170
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2020, 09:02:32 AM »
I agree. And it's very much going to be dependant on where exactly the information came from. If just from the email service then it can't be treated as reliable.

I work for the civil service (not uvki/ HO) and my immediate boss has very little idea about the minutiae of the rules that I apply. I would NOT expect a senior civil servant to know the ins and outs of the rules. They don't write them. They look at spread sheets and targets and where to allocate resources.... Grade 6/7 and above really wouldn't know the little rules like entering the uk while visas are processed, the myriad ways of meeting the financial requirement (but they are probably aware that there IS a financial requirement). Unless they are in a tech/ caseworker role, I wouldn't expect them to know the rules...
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2020, 09:05:13 AM »
Good point.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2020, 09:47:24 AM »
Quote from: Newly Visa'ed! on March 21, 2020, 09:18:43 AM
Thanks for sharing that (even if it’s not terribly reassuring  ;) ). Would you feel/be bound by representations made by them to a member of the general public, with regards to that person’s case?

R

Absolutely not.  They will state that the person issuing the letter was misinformed and revert to the published public guidance on the .gov site as being true and correct.

Post the letter.  Your smugness is beyond infuriating.  Prove us all wrong by having a letter direct from Priti Patel herself.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2020, 09:55:55 AM »
Post the letter.  Your smugness is beyond infuriating.  Prove us all wrong by having a letter direct from Priti Patel herself.

I’m sorry that I came across that way, and obviously have exceeded my welcome here. I only meant to first learn about, and then upon a successful resumption share, the landscape around this dilemma.

With regards to the letter, my plan was to redact it and post, but I think at this stage I should the people involved the courtesy of not putting them in an awkward position simply because they showed me some kindness.

Best of luck everyone.

• Liked: 248
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2020, 03:24:48 PM »
Trying to make sense of the visa process can be a nightmare especially when we try and be proactive and look for guidance from the powers that be. Surely they must know and surely we can rely on them??  It is natural to query advice.

The people on this forum give their time generously and keep up to date on the visa process. They add that to other people’s experience to fine tune their knowledge.

I know people argue through fear and the desire to get this visa nightmare right.

If the experts on the forum tell me one thing and I’m being advised, even by agencies who should know, something else then I trust the forum.

People on this forum are incredibly patient but when they say they know, they know.  No one wants to offend, only to help.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2020, 04:46:26 PM »

With regards to the letter, my plan was to redact it and post, but I think at this stage I should the people involved the courtesy of not putting them in an awkward position simply because they showed me some kindness.

This is a question that comes up so frequently and nobody has been advised that the rules for travelling on a second passport have changed so if you have a letter, it would be really helpful for the sake of others going through the same process if you could share as it would help ensure others are getting the most up-to-date info that even the government website doesn't seem to be sharing for whatever reason.

Obviously nobody can make you produce said letter, but it would be incredibly kind and helpful to others on the forum (that you have also come to for help/advice) if you could give back and share that info so that others can also benefit by having the information as it seems to have changed dramatically.

Best of luck to you!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab