Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bank statements - help!  (Read 647 times)

• Liked: 70
Bank statements - help!
« on: March 12, 2020, 08:13:00 AM »
Hi folks,

I've just realised that HSBC auto-switched my paper statements off a few months ago. We'll be applying in June so we'll need back-statements.

What's the best course of action with the current uploading system? Should I walk into the bank and explain I want paper statements issued back to whenever I stopped getting them? Do I get them to print them on headed paper?

Having a mild panic now as I was so diligent :o

• Liked: 3589
Bank statements - help!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 08:36:25 AM »
Okay, what I would do is:

Go into your bank branch and ask:
- to order official paper copies of the last few months of statements, so that you have originals for the visa
And
- if they can switch you back to paper statements from now on

If they cannot switch you back to paper statements (some banks will only issue paperless statements now), then when you are getting ready to apply for your visa, you’ll just need to go back into the branch and either:
- order paper copies again
Or
- ask them to print them in branch
Or
- you can print off the paperless statements at home and get every page of them stamped by the bank branch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 57
Re: Bank statements - help!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 09:29:05 AM »
Natwest did the same thing to us in January 2019, but I caught it in November and reset it to paper. For my application last month we printed out several months worth at home and had them stamped at the bank. The person helping me seemed quite familiar with the process.

I have a credit card that I use just for Tube travel so when I pay that each month I use it as a reminder to check both that card and the bank statements are still set to paper.

Met 2003
Married 2008
Spousal visa 2008-2010
USA 2010-2017
Moved to the UK July 2017
FLR(M) approved June 2020

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 10:44:09 AM »
Hi ksand24 and robinsnc,

Thanks so much for your replies.

I managed to call the bank and the person I spoke with was very sympathetic, and is resending the official paper statements for the (huge!) missing period. Hopefully they'll arrive in the next couple of weeks, they said.

I also managed to get the paper statements re-enabled so I'm *hoping* that normal service will be resumed from next month and my panic has settled down!

From here on out I'm going to be running stock control on my bank statements - a good idea about checking when paying credit card bills. As we use that for day-to-day spending and clear the balance each month that's probably the smart choice :)

Thanks again, and have a lovely day folks.

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 11:17:05 AM »
Just a quick follow-up: the statements arrived today, and they look just like the "usual" ones, except they say 'Duplicate' on them part way down the page.

I take it that this is OK as they are authentic, paper and from the bank?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 11:19:19 AM »
Just a quick follow-up: the statements arrived today, and they look just like the "usual" ones, except they say 'Duplicate' on them part way down the page.

I take it that this is OK as they are authentic, paper and from the bank?

They are perfect for the financial requirement. Also could be used as correspondence counting for this month.

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 02:36:59 PM »
Thanks so much for the quick response!

I'm hoping that the COVID-19 measures aren't going to interfere too much with the application process (including gathering up those "within 28 days" documents that I'll have ask for!) particularly if I might need a statement from the bank covering the last couple of weeks. Perhaps I just need to be skilful with the timing :)

Sponsored Links