Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pet supplies during Corona crisis.  (Read 4383 times)

• Liked: 6110
Pet supplies during Corona crisis.
« on: March 17, 2020, 05:37:55 PM »
If anyone is having difficulty finding pet food and supplies locally, https://www.zooplus.co.uk/ is still pretty well stocked.

They are currently advising of delivery delays of an additional 4 days though, so factor that in if you are running low on anything.

• Liked: 957
Re: Pet supplies during Corona crisis.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 06:16:53 PM »
If anyone is having difficulty finding pet food and supplies locally, https://www.zooplus.co.uk/ is still pretty well stocked.

They are currently advising of delivery delays of an additional 4 days though, so factor that in if you are running low on anything.
Yep, we just placed an order! Our kitty rebelled and stopped eating dry food for a bit so we've needed more than usual anyways :( she lost so much weight and my husband didn't notice she wasn't touching the dry food when he was feeding her.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 672
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 09:10:38 AM »
They are sensitive little souls, and pick up on ambient anxiety in their humans.

Years ago, during the "Chinese melamine in the pet food" disaster I was dealing with three older/special needs kitties. My vet gave me a recipe for making cat food, and I used to make it up for them fresh every day. I will scout around to see if I can find it. It does involve getting some vitamins, etc., to add to it, but it was primarily chicken-based, if memory serves.

I think it's on the old computer. Which I brought with me but never set up. Will try to fire it up and pull that recipe off if I can find it, and post it here.  For dogs you cut down the protein ratio - add oatmeal. (Cat food is generally too protein-rich for dogs, because cats are obligate carnivores and dogs are not. I think.)

• Liked: 672
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 04:42:49 PM »
Oh. If anyone needs a bag of hamster chow, I have a completely unopened one from Pets at Home.

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 03:02:09 PM »
I always forget about Bitiba https://www.bitiba.co.uk/

They are part of Zooplus but their base prices are a bit cheaper.  So if you don't have the savings plan with Zooplus, you will probably be better buying from Bitiba.

Both websites are advising an additional 8 day wait at the moment.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 03:18:11 PM »
I placed an order for cat food with Pets at Home on Wednesday the 18th.  They stated 10 days for shipping. It arrived Friday!  Only 2 days later.

I’ll never complain about a faster delivery!

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 03:27:37 PM »
I placed an order for cat food with Pets at Home on Wednesday the 18th.  They stated 10 days for shipping. It arrived Friday!  Only 2 days later.

I’ll never complain about a faster delivery!

They are going a great job with managing expectations!  ;D

• Liked: 70
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 11:45:40 AM »
Nature's Menu was requiring a lead time of 5 days, but are back to normal deliveries now. I was a bit stressed because due to freezer space we have to plan cat's food deliveries to a 3 day window.

https://www.naturesmenu.co.uk/

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab