Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: USCIS Offices temporarily closed to the public  (Read 477 times)

• Liked: 31
USCIS Offices temporarily closed to the public
« on: March 18, 2020, 01:39:22 PM »
I believe these are the offices where applicants for their initial spouse visa have their biometrics taken. 

Routine in-person services are suspended as of March 18 until at least April 1. 

I feel so badly for anyone affected by this.

https://www.uscis.gov/

• Liked: 3595
Re: USCIS Offices temporarily closed to the public
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 02:27:20 PM »
From this page: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19

I assume UKVI will publish something about it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 02:29:49 PM »
Here's a March 17th update on the VFS Global website, though it hasn't updated with the new March 18th information about all the centres being closed yet.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/us/en/news/important-information-regarding-visa-application-centres-in-usa

Visa Application Centres in USA
The Department of Homeland Security Application Support Centers are closed until further notice in the following locations:

Albany
Fargo
Oakland
San Jose Santa Clara
San Francisco
Salinas
Santa Rosa
We will endeavour to contact customers who already have appointments booked. Customers can visit the USCIS page for additional information.

The Premium Application Centres (PACs) are closed until further notice in the following locations:

Seattle
San Francisco
All remaining PACs will be open for appointments from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm effective 18 March 2020. The walk-in service will be available during normal business hours.

We will continue to monitor the situation and will update this page with information as it becomes available.

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 02:44:16 PM »
It was inevitable unfortunately.  Hopefully we'll be able to kill this off quickly if everyone follows the rules for social distancing and self isolation.  Big hugs to everyone.  We all need one, we just can't actually do the hugging!!!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 09:41:23 PM »
Damn, my wife and I have been apart for so long. She had her biometrics scheduled for March 23 in Detroit but now she can't go. Any idea how it'll affect visa applications?

Her new appointment is April 1 but guessing that will be stopped too. If her appointment doesn't happen until maybe April/May, do you think visa application will be decided using the documents that were relevant at time of application? This is pretty bad. Any updates from UKVI please  post here, we would appreciate it.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 10:34:55 PM »
Damn, my wife and I have been apart for so long. She had her biometrics scheduled for March 23 in Detroit but now she can't go. Any idea how it'll affect visa applications?

Her new appointment is April 1 but guessing that will be stopped too. If her appointment doesn't happen until maybe April/May, do you think visa application will be decided using the documents that were relevant at time of application? This is pretty bad. Any updates from UKVI please  post here, we would appreciate it.
You should write to your MP with these questions. They are going to need to address all of it, this is a huge disruption to the visa process and a lot of people are also losing jobs right now.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 11:42:20 PM »
You should write to your MP with these questions. They are going to need to address all of it, this is a huge disruption to the visa process and a lot of people are also losing jobs right now.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I've written my local MP so will update if anything gets done.

Sponsored Links