Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Thinking about a work visa/Tier 2 sponsorship...  (Read 2789 times)

• Liked: 0
Thinking about a work visa/Tier 2 sponsorship...
« on: March 18, 2020, 10:11:11 PM »
Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone has experienced coming to the UK on a Tier 2 sponsorship work visa and any advice on what that is like, what it entails etc would be amazing please!

Also if you know the best way to go about looking for Tier 2 sponsorship jobs, any particular websites you found useful in your search?

Considering emailing companies that sponsor that particular visa type, to see if anyone has any openings or can advise further, I found a massive (and i mean massive over 1000 pages) document that listed all of the companies that were registered to sponsor a tier 2 but there was no way to search the list for specific areas of the UK or search for companies by trade.

Any advice at all from people who have experience in this would be super helpful and very much appreciated!

Thanks!
Kim & Brian

• Liked: 957
Re: Thinking about a work visa/Tier 2 sponsorship...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 10:28:48 PM »
Which field are you trying to come to the UK in? If its not a medical field or shortage occupation it will be pretty much impossible right now, especially with the current economic issues due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and then likely another recession caused by Brexit (but that did add more options for tier 2 visas in specific fields as of February, so that's a bonus?). Intra company transfers are easier but do not lead to permanent residency. The UK is quite anti-immigrant unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 10:33:33 PM »
Of course Tier 2's are possible!  I came on one 10 years ago.  If you are in a shortage occupation, it's likely headhunters will come knocking.  It is hard to make your own opportunity though.  I wanted China, not the UK.  But international work was a big goal of mine and beggers can't be choosers.

However, I will warn that the UK is in a massive state of unrest.  We had 3.5 years of Brexit uncertainty.  And now COVID19.  We are ALL feeling it (and I know you are feeling it in the USA as well.  Fortunately it hit there at a time the economy was already strong and not a house of cards as the UK is). 

Sit tight and approach people in a year or so after the economy has bounced back.  I hope and pray we will be on the other side of this by then. 

It's bleak right now.  Numerous members of our community have found themselves suddenly without work this week (I expect to join the list by the end of the week).  My company is reducing about 1/3 of the work force and the few who remain are having their wages slashed by 40% as of Monday. 

I wouldn't recommend signing up to life here at the moment.  But if a headhunter has come knocking looking for your skills, do let us know and we can help you navigate the "fun" of international life.  While many of us wouldn't change any part of our lives (let's face it, you grow where you plant your roots), do keep in mind life isn't glamorous or sexy here.  It's the same life.  We work, commute a fair bit of our day, pay bills, repeat.  With a little bit of luck we get a bit of time with our children. 

What industry are you in?

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 09:31:15 PM »
Hey guys, I'm Kim.

Just posting on behalf of both of us for now while Brian is working, i'm a UK citizen and he's looking to come here.

We have looked into visa options and obviously if we could do this via the working visa, it would be super ideal in terms of a job / money (although i am aware it's not a guarantee of permanent residency here for him yet) and we are open to all options right now.

His main skills are based around trucking both on the road and office based helping trucks with their vehicle issues, he's extremely knowledgeable in the mechanics side of things too. With other experience in various things over the years, a very mixed bag including welding, extensive mechanics, machining, fabrication as well as being a previous lead/manager and a driver in his past job.

Any help would be great, i'm aware of the economy right now and obviously right at this present moment it's tricky times no matter where you look i guess, especially right now lol

Kim & Brian

• Liked: 957
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 10:13:25 PM »
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-j-codes-of-practice-for-skilled-work

Unfortunately those areas do not appear to be considered qualified for a tier 2 visa, the employer wouldn't be able to obtain a CoS.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 04:34:47 AM »
Hey guys, I'm Kim.

Just posting on behalf of both of us for now while Brian is working, i'm a UK citizen and he's looking to come here.

We have looked into visa options and obviously if we could do this via the working visa, it would be super ideal in terms of a job / money (although i am aware it's not a guarantee of permanent residency here for him yet) and we are open to all options right now.

His main skills are based around trucking both on the road and office based helping trucks with their vehicle issues, he's extremely knowledgeable in the mechanics side of things too. With other experience in various things over the years, a very mixed bag including welding, extensive mechanics, machining, fabrication as well as being a previous lead/manager and a driver in his past job.

Any help would be great, i'm aware of the economy right now and obviously right at this present moment it's tricky times no matter where you look i guess, especially right now lol

Realistically, you're looking at marriage if you want to be able to bring him here but for that, you are going to have to sponsor him. 

Do you earn more than £18,600 per year, do the two of you, between you, have savings over £62,500, does he have more than £18,600 in non-employment income (rental income, investment income etc) ? Or are you receiving any of the following benefits?

Disability Living Allowance.
 Severe Disablement Allowance.
 Industrial Injury Disablement Benefit.
 Attendance Allowance.
 Carer’s Allowance.
 Personal Independence Payment.
 Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the
Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.
 Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension
under the War Pensions Scheme.

Sponsored Links