Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Coronavirus Positives Thread  (Read 16576 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: Coronavirus Positives Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2020, 10:46:13 AM »
Probiotics as well!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2020, 12:10:33 PM »
My new office mate is pretty amazing. She's trying to convince me to snuggle her on the couch.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2020, 01:23:52 PM »
Officially quarantined and really not feeling well so glad my boss said he didn't really expect me to finish my last days. Once I start feeling better, I'm looking forward to planting things. And I'm really struggling to rely on the kindness of strangers right now, but it is nice that people are being neighbourly and able to help. And I discovered the chard I forgot about kept growing all winter! So it's a little tough, but in a soup it'll be nice! Thinking I need to make an amazon fresh account for the next little bit to at least keep pantry staples in stock.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2020, 02:37:20 PM »
My new office mate is pretty amazing. She's trying to convince me to snuggle her on the couch.

My office is also getting wild just now...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 537
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2020, 03:01:42 PM »
Mine are multiplying.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2020, 03:07:06 PM »
A local lady went grocery shopping for me and then gave it to me free of charge! I have fresh food to help fight whatever this is for another week. Faith in humanity restored when the grocery stores won't even respond to you. They apparently have "identified vulnerable people from past deliveries". I would love to know how they know from their delivery schedule who has an autoimmune condition etc. The way stores have handled this is absolutely outrageous, but if anyone local needs food, longacres seems fairly well stocked.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2020, 03:08:19 PM »
How wonderful Margo!
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 424
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2020, 04:22:51 PM »
Found this in my letter box yesterday....the neighborhood is now full of them...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2020, 01:36:25 PM »
Delivery driver came this morning. Placed parcel on my step. Stepped well back from me, but was chatting. I ordered a bunch of home brew ingredients so he said “You have the right idea! Stocking up on the alcohol stuff”. I said “Thank you so much for still working during this. You must be so busy!!”. He said, “I’m actually not. Nothing is actually getting up the road, so I am a bit bored so was happy to come out and deliver to you!”.  Nice and cheery.
Postie came later and he was very cheery too!  Lovely, thanks for working hard guys!!
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2020, 01:41:15 PM »
If anybody finds free/new activities for those of us who might be stuck inside or with children who will now be stuck inside, can you pop URLs over at this thread i started? Wanted to keep stuff in one place that i was finding as/when on social media so i could come back to it and others might find it useful as well at some point.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftalk%2Euk-yankee%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D97830%2E0&share_tid=97830&share_fid=39132&share_type=t&link_source=app

My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 674
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2020, 02:38:00 PM »
When I was a kid we were often cooped up, due to one of us having an illness that was contagious (so we all were in lockup) or bad weather. My mother gave us things to do that included - paper and crayons, and told us to think of our favorite story and then draw it.  Books to read and then we would act out the stories, each of us taking a main character part. Stuff like that.

We also were given old handkerchiefs (I don't imagine those are still around) and taught to sew them into little pockets. We filled the pockets with dried beans, then seamed them up.  We had a lino square floor in our laundry room (which was quite large) made of different colored squares, and so my mom put numbers on the squares and we made a game of tossing the bags from behind a line to get certain squares. We also were given spare frying pans and we could toss the bags from the frying pan to one another, to be caught in the pan. Or a bowl was put in the middle of the room and we'd each get in a corner and take turns tossing our bags (each of which looked a little different) to try to get them in the bowl.

And then there's using the bags like jacks - you toss them up in the air and do a series of repetitive actions, before you catch it. Toss. One clap. Catch. Toss. One clap plus pat tummy. Catch. Toss One clap plus pat tummy plus spin around. Catch. Toss etc.

Our basement floor was cement, so we would chalk hop-scotch squares on it and play hop-scotch with the beanbags.

Don't know how helpful any of that is in a modern world, but... maybe?

We packed up most of our books, but I've found a few kiddie books I'd meant to send to people back in the States. Perhaps I'll sanitize them and see if the mum across the way might want them. I thought they had gone, but I saw them all yesterday.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2020, 06:28:52 PM »
Amazon UK for the herbs. I Googled several different recipes and took the most common herbs... sasparilla, sassafras, dandelion root, birch bark, licorice root and anise pods.

And making a ginger bug is ridiculously easy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hey @nctami72 , I hope you don't mind but me and my boy want to make this our new project.  Could you send me the links to the spices?  I'm looking on Amazon but I'm just finding 100g for £18 on most of this stuff.  I can't afford a batch of root beer that costs £75! 

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2020, 06:41:00 PM »
I literally cannot wait to brew my own beer!

Undoubtably our brewers know more about this, but did you know that Wilko sells a lot of homebrew kits for what seems like a cheap price to me?
https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/home/kitchen-dining/home-brewing/c/311

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2020, 06:51:48 PM »
Wilco is great for homebrewing kit, as is The Range!
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2020, 07:00:58 PM »
Undoubtably our brewers know more about this, but did you know that Wilko sells a lot of homebrew kits for what seems like a cheap price to me?
https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/home/kitchen-dining/home-brewing/c/311
Funnily enough i had a friend reach out to me after i posted about not having the kit yet (amazing coincidence) to say he didnt want his anymore and that i'd get more use out of it if i wanted it! Told him i'd pay him but he just wants rid of it so giving it free of charge

My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab