Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Boomer version of the Tide Pod Challenge  (Read 2711 times)

• Liked: 1891
Boomer version of the Tide Pod Challenge
« on: March 24, 2020, 11:34:22 AM »

The wife of an Arizona man who died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate to protect himself from the novel coronavirus spoke out Monday to urge the public not to "take anything" or "believe anything" without talking to a healthcare professional.

"We saw Trump on TV — every channel — and all of his buddies and that this was safe," the woman told NBC News' Vaughn Hillyard of President Donald Trump. "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."

NBC News reported that the man, 68, and his wife, 61, took chloroquine to guard against the novel coronavirus, which causes a potentially fatal disease known as COVID-19. It's not clear how much chloroquine the man ingested, and Banner Health said he and his wife ingested a version of the chemical that's used to clean aquariums.

Nan, stay away from the aquarium supplies!

• Liked: 716
Re: Boomer version of the Tide Pod Challenge
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 03:51:25 PM »
That was tragic. It was the same day, very soon after Trump made those claims, that the head of the FDA denied that the drug could be taken for Coronavirus saying that it still needed large clinical trials as it was currently only approved for use in treating patients with Malaria.

But, as the President said on multiple occasions and most recently at a meeting with pharma companies, he had an uncle, John G Trump who was an MIT “super genius”  so he (Trump) knows a lot of things and considered studying medicine instead of running for President.  John Trump was indeed a highly respected scientist, but not a virologist, he was an electrical engineer.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_G._Trump
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 10:32:27 AM »
Has anybody heard the latest Trump Press Conference?  Trump does some freestyle brain storming that if disinfectant kills the virus then maybe we should start injecting it ( I swear to God this is real).  Later, some official adult had to actually tell people not to drink isopropyl alcohol.   Just when you thought we had finally hit the bottom, he manages to lower the bar. 

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 10:35:56 AM »
Has anybody heard the latest Trump Press Conference?  Trump does some freestyle brain storming that if disinfectant kills the virus then maybe we should start injecting it ( I swear to God this is real).  Later, some official adult had to actually tell people not to drink isopropyl alcohol.   Just when you thought we had finally hit the bottom, he manages to lower the bar. 

I know.  It’s horrific!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 11:02:11 AM »
Reckitt Benckiser, the makers of Dettol and Lysol have had to issue a statement refuting his supposition!  8)

• Liked: 716
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 11:31:02 AM »

It was on the main BBC news on the radio this morning.  Just as well that he is a "stable genius" otherwise we'd all think he's nuts.

I see that the vaccine expert, Rick Bright, who advised against Trump's advice of the use of Hydroxychloroquine, was fired.

I also see that Brian Harrison, the  former head of a Labradoodle breeding business (2018), is the new leader of the HHS (Health & Human Services) coronavirus task force. Trump sure knows how to pick them, I don't know why he doesn't just cut out the middle man and hire a Labradoodle.

You just can't make all this stuff up!
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

Sponsored Links