Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US Health Insurance as an expat in the UK  (Read 2737 times)

• Liked: 3
US Health Insurance as an expat in the UK
« on: March 25, 2020, 12:16:48 PM »
Hi everyone.

The current situation with COVID-19 has really got me thinking about taking out private healthcare that will cover me in the US should I need to go back home urgently and stay for some time.

I've been in the UK for 20 years, have largely relied on public healthcare, so I feel overwhelmed with the idea of having to think about insurance.

But there's a chance I may be spending more time in the US and I don't want to risk not being covered there (my guess is that Travel Insurance wouldn't seem appropriate for a long-term stay or any serious issues - e.g. contracting COVID-19 while there, which i know they Travel Insurance companies will NOT cover treatment for).

Does anyone here have a decent plan that gives them decent coverage in the US? I'm open to US only plans, but also open to global plans with UK/US coverage. Really just trying to weigh up my options and want to hear peoples' experiences and suggestions.

Thanks so much in advance!

• Liked: 718
Re: US Health Insurance as an expat in the UK
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 01:30:25 PM »
When we went back to the USA for 3 months in 2016/17 we took out health insurance through World Nomads after seeing it recommended by folks who do a lot of traveling. Fortunately we never needed to make a claim so can’t comment on actually making a claim.

https://www.worldnomads.co.uk/travel-insurance
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

Sponsored Links