Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Well....poop.  (Read 962 times)

• Liked: 149
Re: Well....poop.
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2020, 05:07:28 PM »
I do love my Jason Bourne movies......good guy, bad guy.....good guy wins. What more do you want?

The lady who was scanning my paperwork on Friday......when she got to my passport she was obviously under the instructions to copy every page.....but I don't HAVE anything on my pages.  I haven't left the country. She didn't copy much of anything and just didn't copy those stupidly blank pages (kudo's to an intelligent person).

I'm afraid I've turned into a Brexit person...... leaving the EU seems the best choice. Do people on this site really want me voting? Very pro-Remain here. 
Fred

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2020, 05:33:09 PM »
I'm afraid I've turned into a Brexit person...... leaving the EU seems the best choice. Do people on this site really want me voting? Very pro-Remain here.

I want everybody voting who is eligible to vote, regardless of their opinion.  Get citizenship if voting is important to you, or if there's a chance you could leave the UK for 2+ years (so you don't lose your ILR status and have to start over again to come back).
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2020, 06:15:48 PM »
Not leaving......if my wife gets eaten by a rabid dog.....just going to stay here. More here for me....the club system is good here.
Fred

• Liked: 768
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2020, 06:59:10 PM »
I enjoy being able to VOTE!  Can’t do that without citizenship.
Unless you live in Scotland. We will have that right soon. It has already passed in parliament.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2020, 07:11:47 PM »
Unless you live in Scotland. We will have that right soon. It has already passed in parliament.

Oh jeez......and I think Trump is a wonderful person......
Fred

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2020, 08:29:29 PM »
I do love my Jason Bourne movies......good guy, bad guy.....good guy wins. What more do you want?

The lady who was scanning my paperwork on Friday......when she got to my passport she was obviously under the instructions to copy every page.....but I don't HAVE anything on my pages.  I haven't left the country. She didn't copy much of anything and just didn't copy those stupidly blank pages (kudo's to an intelligent person).

Woohooo!  Nice to hear someone was using their brain!!!

Voting for me was important.  But my biggest thing was NOT having to "keep up with the immigration rules".  Which, ironically, I still do to an exstent.  The Home Office can still make changes that you would have to abide by wtih ILR that you wouldn't have to if you had citizenship.  Just my 2p. 

It's a personal choice and a lot of money.  So no point doing it if you want to save the cash and aren't bothered by it.  But do remember if you had gotten citizenship the first time around, you would have never gotten to know us.  ;D

• Liked: 768
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2020, 08:39:38 PM »
Oh jeez......and I think Trump is a wonderful person......
I don't even know what this means.

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2020, 10:06:50 PM »
Woohooo!  Nice to hear someone was using their brain!!!

Voting for me was important.  But my biggest thing was NOT having to "keep up with the immigration rules".  Which, ironically, I still do to an exstent.  The Home Office can still make changes that you would have to abide by wtih ILR that you wouldn't have to if you had citizenship.  Just my 2p. 

It's a personal choice and a lot of money.  So no point doing it if you want to save the cash and aren't bothered by it.  But do remember if you had gotten citizenship the first time around, you would have never gotten to know us.  ;D
Citizenship the first two times would have been.....unwarranted. A lot of work/money unless I planned on staying. As "they say".....third time's the charm.
Fred

• Liked: 31
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2020, 10:22:37 PM »
I want everybody voting who is eligible to vote, regardless of their opinion.  Get citizenship if voting is important to you, or if there's a chance you could leave the UK for 2+ years (so you don't lose your ILR status and have to start over again to come back).
I

Citizenship is a long way away for me - we haven't been married a year yet. 

A year ago I didn't think I'd ever pursue citizenship, but now I think I will.  While the right to vote is important, I think for me it's about knowing that I couldn't be kicked out.  At some point I'd like to be free of  worrying about immigration and visa rules.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab